How old?

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
How old would you let your mil take baby for the day? Not just 30mins a good few hours..

Never don't trust her enough always goes against my wishes and parenting style cxx

My MIL & Own mum, didn't look after Josh till he was over 18 months, and even now he only goes for 2/3 hours 1 evening a week and has tea.
And hes been to my mum's once for a few hours when i needed to go to the walk in centre and didn't want to be stuck in with Josh.
They both ask to have him for a whole day but i'm just not ready yet
xx

Grace spent the day with my mum and 2 nieces last Saturday ( my nieces are 17 & 20 and the oldest one is 6 months pregnant)

Tbh I would happily let my MIL have her for the day as I totally trust her but I am blessed I ruddy love my inlaws!

I trust my MIL and my own mum implicity with our son, but even so didn't even consider leaving him for a whole day until he turned 1. Now we leave him quite regularly for long periods, but only because he is more indepenant himself.

Keep voting ladies! Gonna show my OH later! Trying to prove a point lol! Plus it's interesting!!

Grace spent the day with my mum and 2 nieces last Saturday ( my nieces are 17 & 20 and the oldest one is 6 months pregnant)

Tbh I would happily let my MIL have her for the day as I totally trust her but I am blessed I ruddy love my inlaws!

Ur very lucky to get on with ur inlaws!! That's rare nowadays!!

I trust both my MIL and FIL to look after LO. They've done it a few times while we've had appts with solicitors and stuff. But I wouldn't trust my own parents with her

Never. Even if she had seen Sebastian since he was 9 months old, hadn't nearly ruined my wedding ceremony and had bothered to show up to the children's christening I still wouldn't ever let her have my children on her own.

Nope, I'd happily leave him with my mum as she is great & has been helping me loads anyway & knows exactly what he needs. My MIL is mentally ill & hasn't met the baby yet, in fact I haven't me her either! OH doesn't have much to do with her. I see my FIL a lot, but there is no way I'd leave him alone with my baby!!

I was admitted to hospital when Jack was 3 weeks old with gall stones and pancreatitus. Luckily OH had Jack & coped very very well with him. I was admitted again when he was 9 weeks and my Mum had him for the 2 nights I was in hospital. Then I went for the pre-op assesment and MIL had him for 3hrs. My Mum then had Jack when he was 3.4mths when I went in for my surgery.

I only left him when because I had no choice. I absolutley hated it and cried my eyes out every single time! Since my surgery he's never been away from me and I wouldn't have it any other way until he's toddling around and sleeping through the night, which won't be for ages yet :) I trust them both implicitly and get on very well with my in-laws I just think 'Jack is our Son so we'll care for him unless we physically can't'. Just my opinion though :) x

My mil has him for a couple of nights quite often has done from about 6 months and lives about an hours drive away as for my mum hes nearly one and I still wont let her and she lives a 20 min drive away, she smokes in her house and isnt really very good with him she tells him off for things I disagree with and is just generally careless.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

What are voting for? How long we would leave them or if we would levave them with mil? X

This is going to sound awful - but I never would - or I say that now, but I'd imagine id have to at some point or it's
Not fair. I'd happily let my mum have him for a whole day as soon as I stop breastfeeding when he's 12 months. I kind of don't trust my inlaws - they don't eat great food, and I dot like he language they use around their other grandchildren. They are full of love and very sweet, but I only trust my parents right now.

The poll doesn't show on tapatalk !! Just had to go on computer to vote xx

Sorry to hear that clairebear! Must have been so hard :( I agree I won't leave them unless I have to or it they are older and want to themselves!
It's amazing to hear our differences isn't it!!!

Thanks carey!!
Marley it's what age we would leave them with mils for.. Not just for half hour or so but for a whole day or a good few hrs x

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't agree with just a few weeks old or even a few months.. I'm being guilted and pressured into it by mil and my girls are being outcasted for it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back