How much should she sleep?

Snuggle

Reaction score
Hi all,
Maddison is 10 weeks old and only sleeps from midnight-6am at night. During the day she has 2 or 3 naps which tend to be for around an hour. I keep reading posts where peoples babies are sleeping from 7/8pm through to 6/7am. We tried putting Maddison down 30mins earlier than usual last night but she just woke up 30mins earlier this morning :roll: She went back to sleep for 2 hours after her feed this morn though.
How do I get her to sleep longer at night?

6 hours is still a decent stretch without feeding, DS will only go 8 at the moment. All babies are different, some sleep through for longer periods than others, Maddison will get there when she's ready :)

Thank you for reply :hug: I just read somewhere that 'sleeping through night' is classed as 5 hours so Maddison is doing ok I think :wink:

Hi, yes she usually goes back down for another 2 hours after 6am feed :hug:

Then I'd say she's doing just fine hon. Do you want to get her settled earlier in the evening?

We have tried to put her to bed earlier but she just lies there and screams :(

:wave:

Lola sleeps from about 7.30/8.30pm to 7.30am and wakes for a feed at 5.30am but she doesn't really nap in the day time

If she wakes up earlier and it's light she won't go back to sleep she only seems to be able to sleep in the dark, I'm not really sure why :think:

I think Maddison will settle into her own routine when she is ready but you could maybe try giving her a dream feed at about 5am to see if she will sleep for longer :hug:

Thanks for all your replies :D

Maddison was fed at 10:30pm and put down at 11pm and she slept until 7:30am :cheer: I'm just going to feed her earlier and eralier until she is eventually going down at around 8pm :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back