How much sleep a night are you getting

Guadagnia

Reaction score
Morning All :shock:

If you look at the time this was posted I seem to be up at ridiculous o clock at the mo, Im interested to know how many hours sleep you get and how old your children are.

Any good tips would be appreciated also :rotfl:

Here goes -

I get probably get 2-4 hrs and have a month old and a 2yr old, the newborns in no routine at the mo, and the 2yr old seems to be having bad dreams ...

Rgds
Guadagnia

PS ..... Please tell me it gets better :pray:

Hi hun, well Glenn is settling himself into a nice routine, he is going to bed at 9pm-9.30 and sleeping solidly until 6-6.30 am we had a week where he woke up and didnt settle but that was my fault, i took him out of his moses basket and put him in his cot and he obviously wasnt ready, he sleeps snuggled too (wrapped in a blanket) and he settles straight away like that, his moses basket is inside his cot, do you do that with your baby? i hope you start to get some sleep, have you tried snuggling? and does your baby have a dummy? mine isnt keen on them he will only have one sort and then he will only have it when he is ready to settle and then he will have a little suck and spit it out.x

willow is older and on a good night she sleeps from 6:30pm til 7:30 - 8am
but on average she wakes up at 6:30 so som e nights i get 8 or 9 hours.

Maddison is 4 months old and sleeps from 8pm-8:30am without waking, this started around 11 weeks when we put her in her own room :D

Eefie wakes about once an hour, every hour! :shock:

millie sleeps 9 till 9 and ryan sleeps 11-9 so i get about 9 hours depending on when i go to bed.

It does get better, ryan used to be up all night until he was about 8 weeks old :hug:

Ruby goes to bed with me at 10pm and feeds til she falles asleep then awake about 1.15 then prob about 5, 6ish for another feed although a few days ago she was waking every hour :shock: she had her vaccination on Friday though so im putting it down to that.
She refuses to go into the cot unless im half in it LOL then when I try and escape she wakes up about 15 mins later wanting to get into the bed.

xx

i hav a 7-month-old and i get about 6 hours a nite

we had another awful night last night. Hannah got up every half hour.

dont know how much sleep i got but it wasnt alot.

Jack goes to bed between 7:30 and 8pm and wakes up between 8:30 and 9am.

Obviously it's trial and error really but I found Jack slept through after I tried the following (can't say for def if they made a blind bit of difference or whether he just started to sleep through cos he wanted to :lol: )

Routine, bathtime, bottle and cuddle then bed. I put him in his cot to get himself to sleep as soon as he started sleeping in his big cot.

Grobag/dreampod - the first night I put him in this he slept through, previous nights he had been woken not by hunger but by the fact he kicked his covers off.

Thats it really. I couldn't do anything about him dropping his night feeds cos if he was hungry he would wake, I just made sure during the night if he woke for feed I would not put lights on, I fed him in dark, didn't talk to him then as soon as he was burped he went straight back in his cot.

During day I tried to stimulate him as much as possible.

:hug: :hug:

Adam is almost 4 weeks and I get around 4 hours broken sleep a night, but only if he is in bed with me.

If he is in his moses basket I only get around 2 hours broken sleep.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

I can no longer sleep for long periods, after 6months'ish ofsleep dreprivation its changed my body clock totally :lol: Isaac's had recent teething issues so he's been waking at odd times, but usually he sleeps 7pm-6.30am, but in the early days he slept sooooooooooo little, it was ridiculous, but YES in our case it DID get easier, try napping when LO does, it is the best advice ever (thats if your toddler is in nursery? or someone can watch them now and then?) Get OH or someone to give you a break on a saturday or sunday, a few hrs extra at the weekend can really boost your energy levels, I find anyways, good luck :hug: :pray: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back