How much does everyone eat?

Lexusno1

Reaction score
Just wondering as I don't know if i'm eating enough.

I always eat when i'm hungry but I feel like I should be eating more than I am.

I'll have cereal for breakfast, like Special K or Weetabix then when at work (Mon-Fri) i'll have lunch either Soup or a Pasta meal or something, then dinner when I get home. Sometimes at the weekend though i'll just eat twice a day as I literally dont feel for anything else.

How many times a day and how much do you eat?

xx

Hey hun, Well have porridge for breakfast then sandwhich for lunch or pastie then a large meal in the evening.... I have to admit though that I am constantly eating, I just don't feel full any of the time and you will always find me eating something or other and not at all healthy stuff..... as long as it is in front of me it is going to be wiped clean, wish I could control my eating a bit more x

Erm i eat too much. hehe. nah I ate loads in the first tri as I always seemed to be hungry and was never sick, so put on weight quickly then. Now though I'm just eating like toast for breakfast, sandwich for lunch and then my tea, sometimes i might have a wee snack later on but i try and just eat fruit. Your not really suppose to eat anymore than you did before you were pregnant, I'm sure I read you are only suppose to consume an an extra 200 calories and even then that isn't until nearer the end.

i only eat when im hungry ive just polished off a bowl of porridge lol

but on sunday after a big roast then pudding i had a brew and thought i dunk some biscuits before i knew it id eaten half the pack without realising lol

Ah, so i'm not depriving little man of anything then? I didn't think there was any point in force feeding myself when I didn't really feel like eating but wasn't sure if he needed more.

I actually eat LESS now than before I was pregnant and have lost weight everywhere else in this pregnancy. The heartburn has killed a bit of my passion for food too to be honest so perhaps that's why i'm not hungry. I swear I consume more Gaviscon than actual food these days!!!

I eat every 3 hours or so, I kept getting low blood sugars and getting very dizzy (even fainted!) so my midwife told me to eat little and often and to drink all the time! Now I pee for england but it's worked and all my energy is back! :)

xxx

You are not depriving your baby hun don't worry. As long as you are eating a ballanced diet and not starving yourself

As I understand it the baby takes what it needs from your body no matter what you eat. This is why they tell you not to worry if you suffer with bad morning sickness and cannot eat in tri 1 when the baby is forming.

Personally my eating has calmed down abit - I tend to eat Special K for Brekkie, rice/pasta/cous cous and chicken dish for lunch and a dinner at home. I do try and eat 3-4 pieces of fruit a day tho as snacks.

xx

Last edited:
I barely ate in the first trimester and lost one and a half stone.

I haven't put any of that back on yet despite the bump pushing me out so I look like a butterball.

Struggle to eat now - nothing gets my appetite up.

And in the last 2 weeks my heartburn has come back bad, usually just late evening, and into the night........

I can't eat large meals, I usually just graze during the day, :lol: you only need to eat an extra 2/300 calories in the last trimester which is the equivalent of a a bowl of cereal or 2 pieces of toast (or a mars bar :p )

Thanks guys, feel much better now. I swear I didn't fret this much over EVERYTHING with DS.

@ Rosa; can't beleive you only have 94 days to go!!!!!! How exciting! You'll be leaving us next week for Tri 3 won't you!!!! Won't be far behind you though! xx

Oh my god. I eat all the time. And I mean all the time. Unhealthy stuff alot of the time...I feel terrible now seeing what good stuff everyone else is eating...I'm off the the fruit and veg stall!!!

xx

Hey hun, I used to eat constantly lol! But since being pregnant I just haven't felt hungry, I keep forgetting to eat. The other night OH came in and he was starving and asked what was for dinner, I hadn't even thought of him being hungry because I never seem to now lol! I've been living on pitta bread xxx

aw with my lil boy first time i eat my way threw everything hahaah

this time im very much like you dont eat alot at all, dont eat big portions either but i am snaking on alot of fruit etc x x

just follow ur body if they were some thing u needed you wasnt getting it would let you know x

and with this pregnancy like you i actuall eat lessssssssssss! i wouldnt worrie x

I ate constantly in the 1st tri and none of it healthy I just craved junk food and I was always starving it did calm down but not until 27weeks and now I can forget to eat all day but then wake up at 4am starving lol! I am eating much more healthy food these days too

i just dont get that hungry and i eat little meals, I am eating the same size portion as my 5 year old at the moment, but i make sure i eat 3 times a day. with my last i was pregnancy i ate alot more and snacked all the time and apparently i was starving myself (i wasn;t) the midwife ordered me to go and have a marsbar becuase something in my urine in the diptest showed i was starving myself, i didn;t need telling twice i ate that marsbar no worries lol, i just couldn't seem to get enough food last time, again iouldn;t eat big meals but i ate little and often alot. as long as you dont feel starving i think you will be fine as long as you make sure you are eating 3 meals a day.

Thanks guys, feel much better now. I swear I didn't fret this much over EVERYTHING with DS.

@ Rosa; can't beleive you only have 94 days to go!!!!!! How exciting! You'll be leaving us next week for Tri 3 won't you!!!! Won't be far behind you though! xx

I know, :shock: I cant believe it myself, will be moving to tri 3 on Sunday :shock: time suddenly has gone quick, doesn't seem that long ago i was in tri 1 lol

I personally dont eat that much because if I eat too much I throw up and so I often eat when I get hungry...dont do deserts but addict to junk foods..As long as you eating thats all the matter.. I need to check weight to check if am underweight with dr so finger crossed..

Seems like we're more or less the same then ladies. I know i'll hit a stage when I eat everything, especially when I leave work and little man is at nursery, will probably just graze all day. As long as it's not going to have a major impact on Jaiden i'm happy.

I have another scan tomorrow anyway so will be able to check the rate of his growth properly, i'm sure it's all good though xxx

Good luck at your scan tomorrow hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back