eating enough?

rachie29

Reaction score
having read about what some you guys are eating, I'm worried I'm not eating enough now..

I'm finding that I am so hungry when I wake up I am actually sick.. but all i can eat is a bowl of cereal..a couple of hours later i'm starving again and manage an apple or yoghurt, lunchtime is a sandwich or soup, mid afternoon a bag of crisps/cereal bar/choc bar ( depending on how naughty I'm feeling) then by tea time I cant eat I actually have to force food down me and that makes me feel ill all night. I am drinking an obscene amount of fruit juice though - I have to mix water in it to make sure i get water as well..

This is only a recent thing, the last 2/3 weeks, prior to that I was eating much more (good & bad things alike). I have put an about a stone and half.

Is anyone else finding this? I'm a bit concerned I'm not getting enough nutrients now, but forcing more food down me just makes me sick...

Rachie, don't worry...you eat more than I do... :shock: Thats breakfast, lunch and snacks... I've had a beefburger and chips from McDonalds :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: today and only because my daughter had to go to a birthday party there.. Otherwise, I still wouldn't have eaten anything yet... Except a chocolate hob nob biscuit I had for breakfast.... My DH brought me a packet to encourage me to eat more, but I only eat one or two a day (they are my favorite..) but I ration them.

I don't feel unwell, baby is a fine size, the only problem I have atm is low amniotic fluid and that's not caused by not eating enough. So as long as you're taking vitamins etc you should be alright... Besides it's a myth that we need to eat more when we are pregnant. You only need to eat more in the last 10 weeks and then only 200 calories a day more...

I'm certainly not eating any more than I did before I got pregnant, but not any less either...

I was like you for a bit. The midwife said it did not matter as the baby would get what it needed and i would suffer first!! x x x

ditto the above.

I'm a poor eater too, hardly anything during the day but a main meal in the evening if i can face it.

I wouldn't worry too much, if your body is lacking something it will crave it, there's no worries about that

I'm hardly eating anything either, just can't stomach it. Drinking loads of milk though :hug: (btw I've put nothing on)

My sil always says eat what you fancy when you fancy

Before my pregnancy I ate like a horse..and mainly junk. Now I have to force myself to eat, usually 2 bowls of cereal in the morning which is forced down because I don't eat at lunch..then just recently all I've been wanting for tea is supernoodles, I'll eat half a packet before I start to feel sick. Drink wise, on a work day I'll have a cup of tea in the morning with breakfast and then water for the rest of the day, it's one of my cravings! Still put 1.5 stone on though..well, that was at 13 weeks. I'm now taking Iron and Vit C to boost my system. I'm still concerned though, I'm seeing my midwife on Fri so I'll ask her advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back