Food, food, food!

Sarah13

Reaction score
Anyone else feel like they don't stop eating just now? I can't seem to resist! I'm keeping to 'healthy' stuff but even so surely you can still get fat from cereal, fruit, yogurts and nuts if you eat them all day! Does baby go through a mad growing phase just now or am I just craving food in general or being greedy?

Every morning I wake up thinking I will just eat my 'normal' amount of food but I crack by lunch and have always had at least 2 snacks by then! I now know how I put on 4 stone last time I was pregnant, certainly don't want to put that much on again!

Well I went through the first trimester being hungry ALL THE TIME then hit tri 2 and didn't eat as much. Then last couple of weeks I feel starving all the time again! OH jokes now that I turn into the incredible hulk if we're late eating dinner! He says "You'd better have a snack when you get in from work because we won't be eating dinner till such and such time". I don't think you've anything to worry about Sarah - looking at your pics you're a skinny minnie to start with so even if you do gain a bit of weight you'll never look fat if that makes sense x x

mmmmmm foooood

I'll eat anything at the moment - but trying not too. I even binged on a bag of kiwi fruits the other day..think I ate 5 out a pack of 7.

:)

Iv been the same even though im a couple of weeks behind.. i go through starvin marvin stage for a week then i just dont fancy eating anything at all :(

Just keep to the healthy snacking youll be fine.. (and the odd choccie :p )
we are supposed to eat 6 small meals a day anyway whilst not pregnant.. so i wouldnt worry too much.. if you are, maybe halve the portion you have..? eating more frequently but less is supposed to be alot healthier and calmer on your weight gain than 3 big meals a day

Glad I'm not the only one! I guess I do have small meals as I hate feeling bloated just now so maybe it feels like I'm eating more than I really am as I spread it out over the whole day!

Theres nothing wrong with eating small meals all day do what you need to babe.. its good for ur digestive system to have small regular meals too :)
xx

Mmmm fooood....

I snack all day but cant bear the idea of a full size meal. I get full way too quickly.

I tell myself every morning that In not going to snack as much but I cave in by 10am

10am seems to be my worst time too jomc! Mind you even before being pregnant I was hungry at 10am!

10am seems to be my worst time too jomc! Mind you even before being pregnant I was hungry at 10am!

Me too. My tummy is rumbling REALLY loudly now, even though I had breakfast at home. It's ridiculous!

Right - this is rediculous its jst got 10am and i've had a roll with cheese, a roll with crisps and a wispa bar.

:roll:

I pushed through till 11 today! Had a slice of malt loaf and a peach smoothie which was sooooo good, I now want another and the rest of the malt loaf! Going to try and hold off till lunch now!

I am finally full and not thinking about more food, I've just stuffed my face with a cheese and egg salad with lashings of salad cream. Yum.

I pushed through till 11 today! Had a slice of malt loaf and a peach smoothie which was sooooo good, I now want another and the rest of the malt loaf! Going to try and hold off till lunch now!

Ahhhh malt loaf!! see you!! i'm gonna need to go and buy some now!! looool

:)

mmm malt loaf - can we pretend its healthy due to the fruit? same theory on slabs of fruit cake too please. lol

I'm eating pretty much as I used to, have my 3 meals a day with 3 small snacks inbetween. Breakfast is either a bowl of cereal or toast, snack at about 10-11 (fruit, cereal bar, cheese dipper or yoghert, whichever is in the fridge) lunch of some form of roll, or soup, another snake at about 3-4, again one of the snake options above- or maybe some crisps. then dinner - dinner is my biggest weakness as I really overdo the portion sizes and although they are generally reasonably healthy its still too much. the only change really is the need for something sweet after dinner. this is where the chocolate, cakes or icecream comes into play :p woopsies

mmm malt loaf - can we pretend its healthy due to the fruit? same theory on slabs of fruit cake too please. lol

I'm eating pretty much as I used to, have my 3 meals a day with 3 small snacks inbetween. Breakfast is either a bowl of cereal or toast, snack at about 10-11 (fruit, cereal bar, cheese dipper or yoghert, whichever is in the fridge) lunch of some form of roll, or soup, another snake at about 3-4, again one of the snake options above- or maybe some crisps. then dinner - dinner is my biggest weakness as I really overdo the portion sizes and although they are generally reasonably healthy its still too much. the only change really is the need for something sweet after dinner. this is where the chocolate, cakes or icecream comes into play :p woopsies

Snake? I've not tried that, is it good ;)

I read somewhere malt loaf is a 'good' snack that's why I've been eating it!

tri2's where babies start most of their growing, and therefore have higher demands on our bodies, surely that's justification to eat everything in sight!

Plus read in "what to expect when you're expecting" that if we're hungry we should eat, builds up energy stores for labour and beyond (paraphrasing slightly but it's the rough gist of it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back