How many people have experienced negative tests only to disciver they are pregnant?

BelleDeJour

Reaction score
im about 18 days late, my cervix has not moved from high and hard, ive had some cramping,and back ache, bloating and urinating alot.

ive taken 6 tests now and they all say negative.

ive been reading alot about women not having high enough HCG levels during early pregnancy to be able to detect it, and that women have been pregnant for a few months and not known.

i am going to ask for a blood test and maybe a scan at the end of this month.

has anyone had this happen or have any advice?

someone plese help?

Last edited:
I Had a negative when i was but the next day i did another test and got a faint BFP, so did a digi which was a massive positive... I can't remember how late i was tho hun x

I have always had BFP (just a day or two after period was late) we are all very different though and I am sure some women do take longer to get the positive result.

I do think you need to make an appointment with your DR ASAP hun, they shoulf be able to blood test you based on the fact your period is so late.

You need to know what is going on.

I assume you have used various brands of tests?

Call the Dr's and see what they say hun - best of luck

xxx

Last edited:
just made an appointment, yeah i have used different tests, all negative. i am going to ask for the blood test and maybe some bloodwork as i am on tablets which i dont want to be taking should i be pregant. i also suffer from anxiety so i need to know soon before i go mad!

I agree, you need defo need to go and see your gp. Hope you get some answers xxx

My sister didn't test positive til 5 months lol. She had a sneaking feeling but bfn's. When she did get her bfp she had just over 3 months til the birth xxxxxxxxxx

My sister didn't test positive til 5 months lol. She had a sneaking feeling but bfn's. When she did get her bfp she had just over 3 months til the birth xxxxxxxxxx

Jesus!!!

OP, I am glad you have booked an appointment and hope you get some answers

xxxxxxxxx

It was chaos, she was taking her masters exams and working full time so it was left to aunty me to decorate the nursery, buy everything or wait at her house for stuff she'd ordered, organise all of her appointments, organise her scared to death husband lol and work full time myself xxxxxxxxxx

It was chaos, she was taking her masters exams and working full time so it was left to aunty me to decorate the nursery, buy everything or wait at her house for stuff she'd ordered, organise all of her appointments, organise her scared to death husband lol and work full time myself xxxxxxxxxx

I think you should re-train as a life coach LOL!

My sister sounds much like yourself and I look forward to having her "organise" my life when we get our BFP :)

xxxxx

Last edited:
thanks guys, ive read on loads of forums and posts on the internet, that false negatives are common, and that some women just dont produce much HCG in the first trimester of pregnancy, i really hope i am pregnant. any tips on how to sweet talk the doctor into letting me do a bloodtest. im not going to let her force tablets to bring my period on, on me as if i was pergnant that would be horrific!

Just ask for a blood test the doctor won't mind x

I had negative tests until I was over a week late for AF. Hope you get your BFP in the end!

They can't bring on your period with meds without investigation first hun. As you've had bfn and your period still hasn't come they have to do bloods to find out what's going on. If you have any doubts at all about what they tell you then ask to see a different doctor (trust me I am glad i didn't take a consultant's word as gospel on friday) xxxxxxxxx

so basically i went to the doctor and she looked me in the face and told me i was not pregnant, that id probably dropped a period, even though ive had unprotected sex, and have lots of preg symptoms. i begged for a blood test and am getting one done tommorow... still dubeous about everything really.

Last edited:
You are perfectly within your right hun. You need to know what's going on whether you are pregnant or not. Your period is late so you need answers.

Hope it's the answer you want :yay: xxxxxxxxxx

me too! im not going to get my hopes up thought :( just want to know. i will let you know when i come back .

x

How can she be so sure that you aren't pregnant! Grr sometimes people annoy me lol

I'm excitedly waiting for your results hun fx for you!!
xx

she said because i had had 5 negative tests she was almost 100% sure i was not pregnant, she even said this was a one off when he signed me for a blood test, i said about my symptoms and how i have been getting period symptoms but no period and she just ignored it all. pfft.

When do you get your results? If your gp is gonna be that unhelpful ask for another one xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back