How many bottles do you need?

Littlesammy

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'll be able to breastfeed as I've had a breast reduction. So I need to be prepared for bottle feeding. I've bought a steriliser but I have no idea how many bottles I will need.

Any ideas?

Thanks xx

Ooohh good question! I'd also be interested in any recommendations xx

I plan to breast feed but have bought 3 avent nature bottles incase I don't manage or for when expressing. Got the 3 brand new on ebay for £13.99 (incl P&P) and they are that price for 2 in supermarkets. My friend bottle fed and had 6. She told me not to get the small 4oz bottles as lo will soon out grow them get the 9oz ones. Most sterilizers do 6 at a time.

6 should be fine. Keep an eye out for sales, I always get mine from argos when they have a baby event x

We have 4. And deffo don't bother with the small ones !!

I've got 5 bottles - 3 x 4oz and 2x 9oz. I got the Dr Brown ones simply because I wanted something that would hopefully prevent chance of colic and I was told they were the best. They are a tad pricey though so I waited for a baby sale and bought them much cheaper. I intend to get a couple more 9oz bottles ones when baby is getting bigger but the brand will depend on how well baby gets on with the Dr Brown ones I have at the moment x

Last edited:
I had 9 TT bottles that came with the starter kit but ive changed to dr browns bottles due to his colic. Ive bought 6 of them x

I got 6 tommie tippie closer to nature ones. Few friends recommended them and you can almost always get a pack of 6 on sale from Argos, asda or mothercare.

I plan to breastfeed too and got bottles incase I can't and for if I need to express at all.

I tried avent and tommee tippee, but found the dr brown ones the best as some of the other ladies have said. This time around I'm getting a starter kit and a few extras just incase.

I plan on breast feeding, but with both my previous babies I had to bottle feed as well as my supply was pretty poor.

I have 6 Dr Brown's bottles and it does the job :) x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

I really wanted to BF but I bought a microwave steriliser and just two bottles.

We moved to expressing after day 3 so I had to buy another 3...

xxxxxx

Last edited:
Thanks ladies. I've got a starter pack with 4 bottles so will go pick up another 2 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back