How long?

Womble75

Reaction score
Sorry for all the silly questions but have so many....
Do some people take longer to show on tests than others? When I was first pregnant (long time ago) I did countless tests that were all neg, even the docs was but I had this feeling that I was.. Then was tested again and found out I was 9 weeks gone..
I'm still having the nausea on and off, had to dash out of Greggs yesterday as the smell made me bleugh.. I'm so emotionally up and down that my OH thinks I'm mental.. I have an ache on my left side and yesterday I thought the witch was here as very wet but was just a clear substance... I'm so confused with this ATM I don't know what to think... OH is not being the most supportive but I'm not sure if it's me being an emotional highly sensitive nut! We have such limited time together due to him working away and the last 2 weekends have not been the best cos I'm so grumpy and up and down.. I've tried explaining about hormones and emotions and how women work but it goes straight over his head...

I think it does tbh. I've a friend who got her BFP a few days before AF was due and then I've another friend who was pregnant as the same time I was and we both obessively tested and both got negs but knew something wasn't right and kept going. I got a bfp at 8 weeks and unfortunately lost my baby a week later and she only actually got her bfp at 10 weeks. She's now a beautiful little girl, so it wasn't that she had a 'doomed' pregnancy in the slightest.

And I'm def with you over 'its feels like AF but its not' constantly. Was out this morning wearing white pants and had to RUN to the loo convinced AF was here VERY early but it was just watery like if has been for a couple of days xx

FX for us darling xx

My cousin had numerous negative tests and ended up in hospital for scans as she was really ill, turned out she was 4 months gone with twins. So i would say it all depends on the person xx

Thank you both for replying.
I'm sorry LuW to hear of your loss. Same thing happened to me a long time back.
Again while I was out Xmas shopping I thought AF was here but nothing again..
I'm torn between listening to my body and my head all the time!! I'm so tired also and everything is such a hassle..lol hence why I abandoned the shopping and came home!
I've stocked up on the cheapie tests from eBay and each time I do one and get bfn I tell it it's wrong lol.
My other worry is if I'm not then what's wrong with me? I tried explaining this to the doctor and she said just have to wait it out... My OH is very black and white with everything and in my irrational mind it's like he doesn't care although I know it's because he doesn't understand.
It's like if I knew either way I could deal but not knowing for sure is so hard!
LuW here's fx for us both :)

Hi Womble75 :) Sorry your having a difficult time atm - when's your af due? Are you regular? It must be hard if OH doesn't understand what you're going through. My DH is supportive, but he doesn't have a clue about how it all works, so been finding this forum v. supportive for that. He also doesn't get so worked up as me about it all - must be a guy thing.... I know what you mean about just wanting to know - not knowing is the worst.... Fx for you that you get a bfp soon.... xx

I'll drop you a pm womble.... I'm banging my head against walls atm just DESPERATE for something to give me a definately sign either way!! Stupid bodies!!

And thank you hun, Billie's almost one now!! And if we've got our little miricle this month baba is due 2 days before Billie's due date. So I'm holding out that he's looking out for us and has given mummy and daddy a special christmas present, and is stopping mummy from drinking herself stupid on his birthday too....

Hi Ceebee
No not regular came off micronor and had no cycle whilst on it so have nothing to go by. Been taking it sporadically for about a month and stopped a week or so ago.. Had 2 days of v light bleeding if u could call it that...when I did have a cycle I was always v v heavy hence why I went on micronor in the first place.. But lost nearly 7 stone since so that must help! Thanks all for listening I'm driving myself nuts!!
LuW I have replied :)

OMG what an acheivement hunny!!! Get yourself on that rooftop and start screaming hun!! Can't imagen how chuffed you must be feeling!! I'm buzzed whenever I leave my nutrionalists office after having a patronise pat on the back for gaining a lb or something daft!

Yeah, well done for losing 7 stone - that's amazing!!:dance:

I've not been on the pill for years, but have been reading loads of posts here about girls who have come off it and it takes quite a while for the body to get back to normal, so sounds like that's what's happening to you. Doesn't really help you to know that, when you're feeling so poo :( Don't worry, I drive myself nuts all the time:wall: I really hope you get some answers soon - maybe go and see another doc for more reassurance... Good luck! xx

Hey hun i know wot u mean. I had 2 cycles after coming off pill. Im on 3rd cycle but on cd 65!! I was convinced this cycle i was pg (mum thinks im havin phantom pregnancy coz im showin so many signs). I also keep gettin pains on left and thinkin af has arrived as wet down below but no af. So frustrating as all hpts sayin bfn.

I hope it works out for u hun it really sucks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back