How long were you off work..

Samsgirl

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I have never had a day off sick in all the time I have been with my employer (2 and a half years) and I know this isn't sickness as such, but i am feeling really guilty being off work!

I know I can't really go back until Monday at least, when I go for my scan to check if it has all come away etc....and I haven't really had my huge bleed...other thsn on Saturday at hospital when it first started. so that could still come at any time cos it showed on the scan on Monday that there was still some blood and clots to pass....

Am I daft for feeling guilty?

Just wondered how long you had off work if you were unoftrunate enough to miscarry?

Thanks

xxx

I know exactly how your feeling hunny, i felt the same, we had a massive audit on when i had mine and just kept feeling guilty for being at home.
I found out on the friday morning and went straight to the hospital for the first tablet in the afternoon, i then had to be admitted for the day on the Sunday for the others and to make sure it was completed. I then had a week off and returned the following monday.
Please take your time hunny, make sure your 100% ready, physically and emotionally. Massive :hugs: x x

You shouldnt feel guilty about being off hun, as you say you could have a heavier bleed at anytime. I was lucky enough not to be working at the time but i'm guessing you should take as long as you feel you need off.

Hope all goes ok at the scan hun. xxxxx

to be honest hun when i lost 2 of mine i didnt have any time off, i wasnt that far gone still in first tri, as the way i saw it was its a horrible thing but at least it wasnt a child i had actuallyy met, help and really bonded with, i even went back in to work as soon as i came out my scan to make sure all way gone lol.

on other hand someone at work lost theirs at 19 weeks and they still havent come back and that was 3 months ago . i think it all depends on the individual

xx

i am going to tell my boss that if all goes well t the scan and they confirm that it's all sorted, i will be back in on tuesday...

i am bleeding now but it's more just like a period......so maybe i'm not going to have a huge bleed. think i lost quite a lot on saturday at the hospital, especially during the internal..

i don't normally have heavy periods anyway, so my cousin who's a nurse, said that maybe i'm just not prone to losing a lot of blood.

i'm worrying now because i don't have heavy periods, maybe i havent built up a good enough lining for bean to snuggle into :(

but then i did lose some blood on saturday and have lost more than my normal period's worth since then so i must have built something up since being pregnant....

xx

to be honest hun when i lost 2 of mine i didnt have any time off, i wasnt that far gone still in first tri, as the way i saw it was its a horrible thing but at least it wasnt a child i had actuallyy met, help and really bonded with, i even went back in to work as soon as i came out my scan to make sure all way gone lol.

on other hand someone at work lost theirs at 19 weeks and they still havent come back and that was 3 months ago . i think it all depends on the individual

xx

yeah, i'm going to go back after the scan...so long as it shows it's all gone. if i need further procedures, then obv will have to cross that bridge then

xx

I think if your lining wasnt thick enough you wouldnt have got so far, so dont worry hun, i know its hard, i convinced myself of so many things and came up with so many reasons but most of the time its a chromosome thing and just cant be helped.

I dont have heavy AF either and my LO snuggled in too tight and just wouldnt let go. Hope its all gone when you get to scan, maybe being back at work will help take your mind off things.

Last edited:
I am going back Monday so it will be two weeks but I passed everything quite quickly. Everyone is different so go back when u feel ready and don't feel quietly x

I had 3 weeks off after d&c. It wasn't for physical reasons as procedure all went fine and I didn't bleed much at all. It was more for the emotional reasons that I couldn't go back earlier. I work full time as a receptionist in Leisure Centre and wen I did go back my first customer was someone I hadn't seen in years and our conversation went something like

Him "So you're all married and settled now:
Me "Yes"
Him "No children yet???"7
Me "No, not yet"

Imagine having that conversation wen not ready to put on the "strong front"!!!

As the girls have said everyone's situation is different. Just make sure you're physically and emotionally strong enough to go back to work. xx

thanks my lovely....

i feel okay at the moment...but maybe it's going to hit me again in a few days...

i have discovered i'm quite a strong person.....stronger than i ever thought i was!!

I have suprised myself......how i dealt with the physical pain i went through on saturday too...i thought i was a complete wuss when it came to pain...but obviously not.... :)

xx

I had 8 days off, i felt a little guilty but i wasnt ready to go back before then. Please dont go back until you feel ready xxx

thanks spinney.....xx....i will see how i am after scan on monday xx

I think I had about 3 weeks all in all. My membrane ruptured over the weekend so I had that week off work while we had scans and tried to decide what to do (the baby hadn't died but there was no amniotic fluid left) and then I ended up giving birth on Thursday 17th Feb @ just under 16 weeks and took the rest of February off.

Don't feel guilty hun, take as much time as you need to feel up to going back to work. I was the same as you and had had litterally 1/2 a day off 'sick' (for a small toe op) in 5 years so I figured I deserved to be able to take as much time as I wanted as I had been a reliable and trustworthy employee for long enough!!

I think I had about 3 weeks all in all. My membrane ruptured over the weekend so I had that week off work while we had scans and tried to decide what to do (the baby hadn't died but there was no amniotic fluid left) and then I ended up giving birth on Thursday 17th Feb @ just under 16 weeks and took the rest of February off.

Don't feel guilty hun, take as much time as you need to feel up to going back to work. I was the same as you and had had litterally 1/2 a day off 'sick' (for a small toe op) in 5 years so I figured I deserved to be able to take as much time as I wanted as I had been a reliable and trustworthy employee for long enough!!

yeah thats how i feel...i have dragged myself in when i have felt like pants.......so they will know that i'm off for genuine reasons...my boss and i get on well and she will know i am genuinely heartbroken and will know i won't 'pull the lead' so to speak

xx

You totally shouldn't feel guilty about being off, I know what you mean though cause I felt the same. I hadn't ever been off work then I was off for just over a week after my first mc, had to get laproscopy surgery about a month after that, then had another mc in Dec there. I felt so awkward being off for that length of time.

Just try and look after yourself as much as you can xxx

I had 3 weeks off in total, I felt about ready after that but everyone is different xxxx

i sort of feel ready emotionally, just not quite physically...so tired and concerned i still have more bleeding. think its best to wait til i have had scan then i know it's safe for me to return to work. i have to drive over an hour to get to work so would hate for anything to happen to me on the drive in

xx

I think your right honey. I certainly wasn't physically ready for 3 weeks, my tummy was still tender and I didn't finish bleeding for like 2 weeks xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back