• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How long were you off work..

I had my D&C the day I was supposed to go on holiday and I had 2 weeks annual leave booked anyway. I still had disolving stitches in my tummy from the keyhole investigation so my boss made sure I was on 'light duties' for a few weeks.

However, events caught up with me emotionally apprx 2 weeks later and I had a couple of duvet days.

It's absolutely up to each individual to do what they feel is right for them hun xx

I had 2 days off but everyone is different, only go back when you are ready xx

it wasnt exactly a miscarriage as we made the decision to have on doctors advice a surgical termination as our baby wouldnt survive birth or if it did would last minuites to hours only, but i found out about condition on the friday then had to make doc appoint mon with my decision (still birth or surgical) then a few days for first appoint at clinic then another week until procedure (was 14.5 weeks at scan and 16.5weeks by d&e) i then took the day of procedure plus two recocovery days and then went back on restricted duties my first day in was a chat with manager then we came up with a return to work plan, everyone is different x

i think i would have gone back this week had i not to do so much driving with work....i'm kind of just waiting for it to come away and i don't want that to happen while i am driiving the 1 hour journey to work...or come to think of it while i am interviewing customers...

so that's why i'm waiting to have my scan on monday to confirm it's all sorted...then i'll be back to work and get on with making money to save up for when i do have my baby :) x

I had 3 weeks off after d&c. It wasn't for physical reasons as procedure all went fine and I didn't bleed much at all. It was more for the emotional reasons that I couldn't go back earlier. I work full time as a receptionist in Leisure Centre and wen I did go back my first customer was someone I hadn't seen in years and our conversation went something like

Him "So you're all married and settled now:
Me "Yes"
Him "No children yet???"7
Me "No, not yet"

Imagine having that conversation wen not ready to put on the "strong front"!!!

As the girls have said everyone's situation is different. Just make sure you're physically and emotionally strong enough to go back to work. xx

When I had mine I went back to work after a few days and when someone asked me why I was off I said I'd had a sickness bug - she said 'oh you're not pregnant are you?' - I just said 'no' but my God did that feel awful :-( xx

awwwww bless you. quite a few at work knew i was pregnant because i was 9 weeks and silly me just figured everything would be okay and i was so excited, so told a few people...

next time, we are not telling anyone.....:(

learnt my lesson xx

You can look at it both ways hunny, i had already had my 12 week scan last time and everything was fine so we decided to tell everyone then when i found out that we had a mmc i thought it was going to be a bad thing that we had told everyone but i was wrong everyone was so supportive and because they knew what i had gone through no-one said anything that they thought would upset me. I was so thankful that i didnt have to go through it in silence. How are you today sweetie? x x

yeah thats true, everyone has been so supportive and lovely. my friends came round with flowers and chocolates and its helped because so many people have told me how they have m/c and it helps to know they have since had babies......

i feel okay, except i am full of cold!!! just typical....but the night nurse has been helping me to sleep i think...

i just want monday to be here then i can get my scan, find out it's all okay and move on...

xx

Sorry to hear your full of a cold hunny, hope your feeling better soon :flower:
I found out quite a few of my friends had been through a mc once they knew about me, it was nice to be able to talk about it openly even though we all had the same thought of, wish we hadnt of had to go through it.
Hope everything goes ok for you on monday hunny, ill be thinking of you x x

You can look at it both ways hunny, i had already had my 12 week scan last time and everything was fine so we decided to tell everyone then when i found out that we had a mmc i thought it was going to be a bad thing that we had told everyone but i was wrong everyone was so supportive and because they knew what i had gone through no-one said anything that they thought would upset me. I was so thankful that i didnt have to go through it in silence. How are you today sweetie? x x

Thats the way I looked at it too M2A. I was glad all our friends and family knew so that I could grieve and talk about it openly and they were all really lovely and supportive.

Hope you're feeling better soon samsgirl xxx

Hey Samsgirl, Just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you hun. I think you should take as long as you need.X

I had my scan on 3rd March and only went back today!! :blush: I took off 4th-10th March as sick and had A/L booked booked from 11th anyway :thumbup:

Last edited:
I had 3 weeks off after d&c. It wasn't for physical reasons as procedure all went fine and I didn't bleed much at all. It was more for the emotional reasons that I couldn't go back earlier. I work full time as a receptionist in Leisure Centre and wen I did go back my first customer was someone I hadn't seen in years and our conversation went something like

Him "So you're all married and settled now:
Me "Yes"
Him "No children yet???"7
Me "No, not yet"

Imagine having that conversation wen not ready to put on the "strong front"!!!

As the girls have said everyone's situation is different. Just make sure you're physically and emotionally strong enough to go back to work. xx

When I had mine I went back to work after a few days and when someone asked me why I was off I said I'd had a sickness bug - she said 'oh you're not pregnant are you?' - I just said 'no' but my God did that feel awful :-( xx
agreed many people asked me the same, especially as often you are on restrcted duties at my work for being preg, due to job role. i found myself upset on a few occasions but realised it wasnt because people were being unkind but because they didnt know but by that point it was difficult for me to tell them. i went back "so soon" as i couldnt stand being at home crying and thinking about it being at work gave me something to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back