How long have all you ladies been ttc?

shezza30

Reaction score
Pretty much as the question says, really. I look at all your signatures but cannot work this out :oops: I know it's still early days for me yet (only on 4th cycle of ttc) but wanted to know when would be a good idea to see docs if it doesn't happen.

The doc's usually say you need to be trying for a year before they would help.
I've been trying for over that now and might give it till christmas and go over.
I do know a couple of friends that tried for 6 months and then went to see their docs and lied lol but their tests showed they were ok. Your doc usually starts with blood tests to see if you do ovulate. Maybe give it till 6 months then go see your doc hun, it wont hurt will it! :hug:

Thanks Donna. I guess I should not be so impatient, seen as how you have been trying for nearly a year. Think I will wait for a while before going to docs but I am sooooo impatient and this is doing my head in :wall: . I admire you for being patient :hug:

Hiya,

I'm now on month 5 (AF came over the weekend :evil: ) and I'm trying not too worry too much yet as lots of people take longer. That said, my DH had a vasectomy reversal a while ago, which can cause fertility problems even if it's successful (which it was, hooray!) so I have been looking at fertility tests you can do at home.

You probably don't need to worry at all, 4 months isn't very long, even though it feels it I know! But if you wanted to set your mind at rest you could always try one of the home kits. The one that looks best to me (although I haven't tried it) is the Fertell couples kit, which tests your partner's sperm for number and motility and you for a hormone that indicates if you're ovulation is normal (it explains it all on the website). The tests are £60 though so I'm waiting a bit longer to see if nature takes it's course. :pray: :pray:

I don't know if anyone else has tried these kits and knows if they're any good?

Lucy

Hiya,

I'm now on month 5 (AF came over the weekend :evil: ) and I'm trying not too worry too much yet as lots of people take longer. That said, my DH had a vasectomy reversal a while ago, which can cause fertility problems even if it's successful (which it was, hooray!) so I have been looking at fertility tests you can do at home.

You probably don't need to worry at all, 4 months isn't very long, even though it feels it I know! But if you wanted to set your mind at rest you could always try one of the home kits. The one that looks best to me (although I haven't tried it) is the Fertell couples kit, which tests your partner's sperm for number and motility and you for a hormone that indicates if you're ovulation is normal (it explains it all on the website). The tests are £60 though so I'm waiting a bit longer to see if nature takes it's course. :pray: :pray:

I don't know if anyone else has tried these kits and knows if they're any good?

Lucy

Sorry! Must have pressed it twice by mistake! :roll:

Lucy

Since June for us, we gave ourselves a year to try so I am :pray: we get there soon.

If your at all worried then please go and see your doctor. I'm patient (sort of) because I have kids already and I've been through this all before. It took me 2 years to fall with Tommy and I had to have extra help to ovulate and at the time I wished I'd gone to the doctor before a year was up coz I'd felt like I'd gone through hell for a year when I'd never fall pg because I didn't ovulate. TTC is so very stressfull and I do think that if your doing everything right and still not falling then go get checked. (she says but still hasn't :oops: ) I've just purchased some ovulation sticks from ebay this morning so I can see whether I am ovulating because according to charting I never do, my temps were all over the place :? very frustrating. So that could also be a good start for you. 15 ovulation tests and 5 pg tests for £4.00. Bargin :D :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

7 months (5 cycles) for me. It's frustrating from about the 2nd or 3rd month after the novelty of having sex all the time wears off and you realise it's not that easy!!!

I'm on month 3 and really wanna be pregnant by christmas :pray:

im 3 months now and would like to be pregnant for christmas too!

we been trying for 6 months but thats only 4th cycle as my cycles are so long. it seems like so much longer though especailly when you want it so bad, i have a DS but it doesn't make me want this child less.

Thanks ladies I really admire you I guess we're all in the same boat but some of you have been trying for ages :wall: I hope you get your bfp soon. Thanks Lucy, I may give those tests a try if I am still ttc in 3 or 4 months. Although I have my dear daughter she is nearly 13 now and lots can happen to your fertility since then, I would dearly love another baby (or 2 :) but would be happy with 1 more) but I know that I am still blessed to have what I've got.

Thanks Donna I have opks but I can't get on with them keep peeing at the wrong time :oops: although if nothing happens this month I will give them another go.

Ejjie, I know what you mean it's really hard not to let it start becoming a chore, I think I need to start using my imagination otherwise oh thinks he is just a donor :shhh: he's not, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back