How long have you been TTC

PrettyFx

Reaction score
Hey there lovely ladies

I havent been here in a while and I thought I'd get a quick catch up from you all. How long have you all been TTC, and if you have TTC with a child before... how long were you TTC before you conceived?

ME- well I've been having sex without contraception for about 6 months and nothing yet. I havent been using OPK's or officially calcuating anything, but I still want a baby more than anything and I'm just trusting in God that whenever the time is right it will happen.

Update me ladies.

xxx

We have been :ttc: baby #1 for 5 months now!
just started using opks this month!

it is so frustrating when AF arrives month after month but we'll get there!

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

ahh smokey i know exactly what you mean. i hate to ask you this, but i reallly need to know if im the only one, but do you have this deep down terrifying fear that you wont be able to conceive or ever have a child? its an awful question and an awful thought I know. but everytime AF comes i think "what will i do if i can never conceieve". Ive heard its a common thought, but i dont know xx

pretty, i think about it all the time! everytime AF comes i end up racking my brains, and telling mysef i'm infertile.

telling OH that
1) we :bd: all through ovulation
2) i stayed lying down after sex(and there were time i tried to do handstands, not a pretty sight when i'm butt naked :rofl: )

we have done everythng right so there is always going to be that thought in the back of your mind.

one of the girls on here told me to watch 'the great sperm race' on 4od and that made me feel a lot better and helped me to realise that spearm have an awful time trying to get to that egg in the first place!

you should watch it hun. x x x x x

I watched the great sperm race, it was such an amazing insight! I was seriuosly relieved to learn that its such an incredible journey. I have been trying to think positively, and have realised that my body is not at all healthy, I drink so many fizzy and cafine drinks, i eat soooo unhealthily! I'm slim (size 6/8) but realise that i need to o on a healthy diet and get myself healthy!

how about you? are you taking any follic acid tablets or anything? xx

Hiya ladies

Ive been on here TTC for 15 months now, OH and i have tried everything in that time and are finally off to doctors on friday to ask for a semen analysis, as i had bloods done and all was ok.

Just enjoy TTC :) XX

I watched the great sperm race, it was such an amazing insight! I was seriuosly relieved to learn that its such an incredible journey. I have been trying to think positively, and have realised that my body is not at all healthy, I drink so many fizzy and cafine drinks, i eat soooo unhealthily! I'm slim (size 6/8) but realise that i need to o on a healthy diet and get myself healthy!

how about you? are you taking any follic acid tablets or anything? xx

i'm not slim (i hate you in your suze 6-8 :rofl: ) i'm a size 14 so i class myself as chubby tee hee! My diet is ok, but i do have a soft spot for fizzy drinks coke and lucozade being my downfall.

i'm taking pregnacare conception and OH is taking wellman. don't feel any different with them. except my wee is bright yellow! glow in the dark yellow! ha ha ha ha

pretty we havn't been trying that long when you think about it! doctors usually say it can take up to a year! what about you are you on vitamins or folic acid??

My story of TTC is not inspirational!!!

Anyway am 40, no children YET!!

TTC after the advice of a fantastic doctor after a MMC, something we never thought was actually possible!

So first TTC cycle over after the arrival of the witch today, onto cycle 2!!

Hiya ladies

Ive been on here TTC for 15 months now, OH and i have tried everything in that time and are finally off to doctors on friday to ask for a semen analysis, as i had bloods done and all was ok.

Just enjoy TTC :) XX

you must get so frustrated hun, i get frustrated and i'm only ttc 5 months! How does OH feel about semen analysis??? We had that done because OH is quite a bit older than me and he wasn't very happy when i suggested it! but he was delighted when the results came back and he was told he had the swimmers of a teenager! :rofl: :rofl:

really hope everything goes well hun. x x x x

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Hi pretty, we were trying for 2 years and I was so paranoid that we couldnt have children, it would keep me awake at night. We finally got the docs to give us all the tests, my blood tests and his semen analysis and all the results came back fine, so I started fretting it was an unusual problem and then just before our appointment with the fertility clinic we got pregnant! Sometimes it just takes time. Unfortuantely i miscarried at 10 weeks but now at least I know we can have kids and we just have to keep trying. So chin up, 6 months isnt that bad I promise xxx

chazabell... i hope everything is well with both you and OH and im sure you will conceive in no time, apparently when you least expect it lol! but please keep us updated....

smokey, i was taking pregnacare original and hubby was taking zinc tablets, but we stopped all that because it was getting me too stressed out and I thought: if its going to happen its going to happen! so we just started enjoying it and figured that it will happen when its all good and well. I have been doing some research and apprently yoga is supposed to be good for fertility. so if you youtube fertility yoga there are a few things that are on there which are actually quite relaxing.
Do you think you would try that? Or am i just being SAD! lol.

Your not chubby mrs! as long as your healthy thats really all that matters. I might be a 6/8 but I eat disgustingly! I just eat junk all the time. I go through healthy phases but they don;t last long. NOW though I'm putting hubby and I on a healthy diet. I just hope it helps!

xxx

My story of TTC is not inspirational!!!

Anyway am 40, no children YET!!

TTC after the advice of a fantastic doctor after a MMC, something we never thought was actually possible!

So first TTC cycle over after the arrival of the witch today, onto cycle 2!!

so sory she got you cazza, hang on in there! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

star fish, I'm so sorry to hear about your MC, but I admire your positivity. I have been told that it happens when you least expect it. My close friend was TTC for 10 years and they were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, but they conceived a beautiful baby boy! When i remind myself of things like that I think wow, why are you being so emotional after 6 months of not actually properly trying (as in calculating ov etc), but i guess sometimes we get into these dark places and forget everything else.

I wish you all the luck in the world hunny- same goes for you cazza... Im praying we all get out BFP's soon xxx

ttc since we mc in march so i guess we started really in april 2010 x

Hi Pretty and everybody else!!

We have been trying to conceive for 7 months now... This is my 8th cycle and last 2 cycles I have been using OPK's and last 3 cycles tracking my BBT. I also worry if there is something wrong but am trying too hard not to think about it. As I was on the The Pill for over 10 years I have been told that takes a while for body to adjust and GP told me that I am doing everything right with the above as well as taking Pregnacare Pre Conception. OH not taking anything. I feel as though everyone around me is geeting pregnant and that kinda got me down last month when I joined this forum. 3 ladies at work are pregnant - one was on the pill and not even TTC. Another had just stopped taking it and got pregant straight away and another has been trying for 4 months. They are all in their twenties and I will be 35 next month - so also worry its my age!!

I actually do yoga and have done for many years - I haven't told my yoga instructor that I am TTC - didn't really know it was any good for TTC to be honest - I do it because I have bad knees and am unable to go to the gym or really do any running or cardio exercise.

I too spent a lot of post coital time with my legs in the air and a pillow under my hips for half an hour - lolol I'm sure its an old wives tale but I'll try anything!!

x x

moley huni! your age is nothing to do with it, my aunt concieved naturally at 41 :shock:we were all amazed.

i think its the worring! i have 3 cousins who have had babies recently and one due in may. the all got pregnant by just looking at their OH's

Then theres me who can't get pregnant no matter how hard i try! just got a :bfn:

i think maybe we stress ourselves! i can't stop thinking about it from one end of the month to the other!!
i have OH driven mad!!!

I know it seems like an eternity but the way i'm thinking is the longer it takes the beter it will be when id does happen!

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Last edited:
smokey im sorry about your bfn! but when the time is right it WILL happen, i guess we just have to remain positive.

Doodles, sorry to hear about your MC, I hope & pray that you get your BFP soon xxx

moley, my aunt (similar to smokey's) also conceived at the age of 41, it was natural AND she conceived two beautiful twins! it happens all the time!!! dont worry x

smokey im sorry about your bfn! but when the time is right it WILL happen, i guess we just have to remain positive.

Doodles, sorry to hear about your MC, I hope & pray that you get your BFP soon xxx

thanks hun, we've had a few BFP since then but we never get to 12weeks, think our mc in march '10 was down to stress tbh as it started the week of our wedding & ended with a D&C during the early hours of the day before our wedding. We will get a sticky bean soon though, I'm sure of it x x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back