How long do you spend ironing each week?

I iron most things except underwear and towels. And knitted sweaters etc.

I don't tumble dry anything either unless I really *have* to. Huge chunk out of the electric bill.

I tend to let it pile up for a week, then tackle it in one go. Usually takes about an hour. I'm pretty quick at it.

I dont Iron often - just if I need something and its creased - and DH does his own - I dont pay any attention to how much or little he irons its up to him

Like many others, I fold the stuff up fresh out of the tumbledryer, baby clothes and stephens stuff i do like this so i dont have ti iron their stuff thank god!

But mine and DH stuff and the bedding takes about 6 hours plus a week.

trixipaws said:
20 minutes, the only things i iron are my boyf's work shirts

we dont hav a dryer so when i do washin i hang it on radiators, over the banisters, on hangers hangin off the knobs on the cupboards above the bed, curtain rails etc (drives him mad! lol) so they all dry pretty much crease-free. just the shirts that need 2 look smart i do, and he has 4 of them, so about 20 minutes :)

i bloody hate ironing tho

the stuff I dry on the radiators is the stuff that has the most creases and is the most difficult to iron. There must be a difference in the water.
Im feeling quite hard done to.

I iron for roughly 0hours a week.

Life is way too short! I do enjoy bedding when it's been ironed, but I'm just not prepared to iron it :lol:

Being lazy is a full time job you know!

about 1 1/2 a week, and there is 3 of us. Again I don't do duvet covers, towels etc

I'm a ironing freak.... think i may have a problem. I iron everything from towels to OH boxers.......lol.
I spend about 3 hours a week ironing which is usually one whole afternoon a week before i pick H up from school, i love being able to go to the wardrobes and have everything ironed and ready to wear. OH reckons its ocd.

i fold or hang straight from tumble dryer so i dont end up with too much ironing thank god takes me about 20-30 mins a week xxxxxxxxx

Yeah I rarely iron - just the odd shirt that isn't "easy iron" :D

Usually my jeans need ironed but once I put them on for a while the wringles go away :oops:

My mum irons everything :wall: Whats the point in ironing socks.. I'll never know. Or Pj's.. whats the point, you sleep in them! :roll:

MissSara said:
I'm a ironing freak.... think i may have a problem. I iron everything from towels to OH boxers.......lol.
I spend about 3 hours a week ironing which is usually one whole afternoon a week before i pick H up from school, i love being able to go to the wardrobes and have everything ironed and ready to wear. OH reckons its ocd.

no, thats not ocd, thats just fooking normal. I hate my basket being full of stuff and I too iron pants. I admit it :shakehead:
I love dh to think that I have taken time to iron his boxers (tho they are so tight they dont need it :twisted: ).

I also like to iron the towels as it makes them neater in the pile.

I iron everything, towels, knickers, boxers...especially bedding. Couldnt sleep in a screwed up bed - god no! :shakehead: OH thinks Im mental...he be right but I dont care :lol:

As for how long it takes, erm Ive no idea! I do clothes as I go or Il have an ironing day where Il take every item out the wardrobe and drawers and iron each thing. Takes all day but I dont mind.

I iron everything :oops:

I normally spend 2/3 hours a week ironing. I do it on a night when OH is watching some rubbish on TV.

i iron school clothes and thats about it!!! Lol!! i put the ironing board up and its used as a table and tea holder homework table but never ironing!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I don't iron.

Very very occasionally do I iron OH a shirt if Ryan wakes up at 6am and I have nothing else to do. But I don't iron my own stuff. It will be a different story when I go back to work and need things ironed, but i'm very much of the view that things straighten themselves out when you put them on anyway lol

:oops: oops, wrong answer?

maybe one to two hours a year, i work in a closed office in the vol sector so its scruffy as you like...which suits me perfectly

What is this 'ironing' thing of which you speak? :think:

I iron all Keeley's on a sunday night but my stuff i iron as i wanna wear it
I hate ironing so i don't iron bedding :lol:

I iron as needed. I am forever washing, folding and putting clothes away........but I never iron until I wear them, and only then if I'm going out! :lol:

I spend about 2 hours a month :rotfl:
I do not iron anything I don't have to!! I will not iron undies, towels, vests, baby gros, in fact Libby only has about 6 things that I bother ironing full stop :wink:
I do iron bedding though, theres something comforting about freshly washed & ironed sheets :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back