whats your washing ironing routeen? more q's added 1st page

My new washing machine only arrived today and havent had one since moving back to the UK 2 weeks ago :oops:

I tend to do a load a week, 2 at the most!!

As to ironing - I dont do any, I either tumble dry, or hang washing out to dry and if DH needs shirts etc then he irons his own!!

I have my sloppy joes for round the house only. So I don't mind getting the trackies a bit grubby as I don't go out in them. I have a few pairs for the week and some old tees and sweaters.

If I go out I change into something else a bit more decent and when I come home simply get back in to my sloppy joe clothes. Means I get a lot more wear out of outfits before they need washing and ironing.

That's my way of keeping the laundry down. Makes life much easier.

I havent ironed anything since ethan was born :lol: Have better things to do with my time

debecca said:
Suzie and Faith said:
SarahH said:
midna said:
[quote="Jade&Evie":11ma4ma9]
valentine said:
I just put on a wash when I notice the machine is free then hang the clothes on the line (not underwear!) or airer inside if its wet.

Valentine Xxx

Do you have nosey neighbours!?!

or poo stained pants :rotfl:

Hehe!! I never hang my underwear out either tho!! Even when I still stayed at home with my parents in the middle of nowhere we never hung out our undies.

i always hang mine out, dont care what the neighbours think, have noticed that one side only wears black underwear! ha

I hang mine out and Jim and I only wear black underwear... are we your neighbours??? No point us being penpals really :rotfl:[/quote:11ma4ma9]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

wash twice to 3 times per day,iroing gets done 2 times a week - usually by oh-he was in the army and nave so he irons better than me lol

jsut been talkignt o mids aobut this on msn.. gonna add what washing powder do you use and do you use the recommended amounts..

i generally use a mix of ecover & fairy - one scoop of each if its a heavy white wash (with some vanish) - less if its a smaller dark load.

and i add a bit of calgon & ecover fabric softener too...

i'd just use ecover if i could afford to (what i did pre-baby) - using a combo of ecover & fairy non-bio is my compromise now connor's here and i'm doing so much more washing.

i still use the washballs from lakeland plastics for things that just need freshening up (and aren't covered in baby poo/puke)

i use persil non bio liquitabs and comfort pure fab conditioner.

TBH If im not going out i dont bother changing every time i get puked on! the first few weeks i had about 4 loads a day and now i am down to one.

Most stuff I wash on a quick 40 minute wash- baby puke washes out easily. i wash all jons work stuff at the weekend on a full wash.

Like Jade, I'm a Persil non bio liquitab and Comfort Pure fabric conditioner girl.

I only use one liquitab instead of the recommended 2 because I'm in a softwater area.

Hmm that reminds me I need to put a wash on before we go swimming!

what brand of washing liquid/powder/tabs etc do you use.. and do you always follow the packet and put the recommended amount of powder in? i always put half the amount and my stuff always comes out clean. save myself some money to. 1 bottle of non bio concentrate liquid can last 35-40 washes

I use the Surf Concentrated Tropical Liquid and put a full capfull in every wash unless it is a small was then I just put in half. For fabric conditioner I use Comfort Tropical (the orange coloured one) - makes my clothes smell lush :D

I use Tesco non bio liquid and use the dose stated on the bottle. If anything like Fairy etc is on offer i will buy that otherwise stick with tescos.
And use comfort fabric softener currently lily and riceflower (the pink one).
Add a dash of vanish if i feel its needed :)

Arrghh typed a reply then I lost it :evil:

Anyway never use fabric softener I use a bit of white vinegar, softens the clothes and cleans the machine, I now can't stand the smell of fabric softener, far too intense.

For towels, tea towels, sheets and dark clothes I use soap nuts
They get the stuff clean, are good for the environment, a bag of them will last over a year, they're good for skin allergies, help prevent dark clothes fading and they're cheap :cheer:

For white clothes I use arial powder (about half the recomended dose)

I also split dishwasher tabs in half, the half cleans the dishes just as well as a full one (supermarket own brands ones split easier and work just as well)

(ps if you don't know what soap nuts are then google 'in a soapnut tree' thats where I got mine from, they used to do free samples, not sure if they still do or not)

Erm... I do the washing when the basket is full ( I use Surf Bio Tabs & Fairy Conditioner ) then it goes in the dryer then I hang it straight up as I dont do ironing :rotfl:

I am so lazy!!!

To top it all off I just got myself a cleaner... I wouldnt make a very good housewife would I?! :rotfl:

has anyone used those washign ball things the ones instead of powder? do they work?

lisa&alex said:
has anyone used those washign ball things the ones instead of powder? do they work?

i use the lakeland plastics ones for non stained items and think they're good. they last for ages too :)

i use fairy non-bio liquid ot tesco non-bio tablet things. usually use fairy fabric conditioner but at the moment we have lenor as it was cheap!

i use more than it suggests :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back