How long do you spend ironing each week?

libs

Reaction score
If there's only 3 of us - how come if I do all the ironing each week it takes over 3 hours?

I don't iron bedding or towels or anything daft like that
DH's work clothes don't get ironed, anything that I can get away with not ironing I don't.

I'm not meant to iron at all thanks to my shoulders and arms, but I've seen DH's ironing and I don't want to go to work looking like I've slept in the clothes. :roll:

so how come no one else I know spends so much time ironing?

tee hee... i don't iron at all at the moment!!! oh does his own shirt each day, and i don't need to iron anything for myself as i'm not working!!! :cheer:

i hate ironing when i do have to do it though!!!

I went through a housewifey stage of doing ironing everynight when Isaac went to bed and I bought all the vaporesse stuff and it was all lovely but then I couldn't be arsed anymore so now I don't iron atall unless i have to. I just take stuff out the tumble drier while its still warm and fold it up.

Now I sit and watch tv with a couple of bottles of smirnoff ice when Isaac is in bed. Yes....my New Years resolution is to start drinking booze :wink:

Our ironing board is up permanently in the spare room and we iron as and when needed.

Which for me isn't very often :D

I fold from the tumble dryer and certainly wouldn't bother ironing bedding, underwear, pj's etc.

Life is far too short.

Ironing...whats that??? :think: :think: :think:

Only time the iron comes out is when OH is turnin up his trousers cos hes a short arse lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

I iron for about 20 mins per week..I also don't iron bedding/towels/underwear/socks and anything I can get away with.
it's too boring :bored:

Theres an iron in our house??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Currently the ironing bored is being used as a work table for painting... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Although Tia did complain to me the other day that she's the only kid in her class that goes to school with wrinkly clothes... so I did iron some of her more wrinkly things the other day... but I was forced to out of guilt.. no one else gets squat and until this child is old enough to complain she will be carted off in wrinkly clothes too.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ironing sucks big time, we never do it, i only do it as and when I need clothes, only time i will is when i have kiddlewinks...

i love my bedding all ironed :D ive just ironed our clothes from this weeks laundry and it took me an hour. only thing i dont iron is towels and underwear.

We have an iron and an ironing board but they never get used.
Hang clothes up and the creases drop out lol

Ironing? Whats that? :think:

i fold things when i take them out the tumbledryer, or i put things on the radiator overnight. I dont iron and i dont intend to start. :shakehead:

but even if I dry DS's school shirts or my shirts on a coat hanger they still have creases, and my work trousers and dresses (I wear trousers and dress combos a lot) are just wrinkled rags till they see an iron. :think:

what do you lot wear that doesn't need ironing?

i wear jumpers and jeans alot... and I don't iron the tops that I wear under the jumper!!

i dont iron.

hang them right when wet clothes dont need ironing. (casual stuff anyway)

i can honestly say we dont own an iron! (and we've lived in this house about 9 months)

Are you all having a laugh. I iron everyday. I iron everything. Im not being smart but am I doing something wrong. I must be fucking nuerotic and just not known it :rotfl: :rotfl:

lauramumof2 said:
Are you all having a laugh. I iron everyday. I iron everything. Im not being smart but am I doing something wrong. I must be f**k nuerotic and just not known it :rotfl: :rotfl:

you and me both :wink: we should start a club

I could never ever send DS to school in an unironed shirt - or go to work in unironed trousers

lauramumof2 said:
Are you all having a laugh. I iron everyday. I iron everything. Im not being smart but am I doing something wrong. I must be f**k nuerotic and just not known it :rotfl: :rotfl:

:shakehead:

20 minutes, the only things i iron are my boyf's work shirts

we dont hav a dryer so when i do washin i hang it on radiators, over the banisters, on hangers hangin off the knobs on the cupboards above the bed, curtain rails etc (drives him mad! lol) so they all dry pretty much crease-free. just the shirts that need 2 look smart i do, and he has 4 of them, so about 20 minutes :)

i bloody hate ironing tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back