whats your washing ironing routeen? more q's added 1st page

lisa&alex

Reaction score
ive jsut got rid of almost all of our clothes and the plan is to ahve a few outfits each to cut down on my washing and ironing.. i hate ironing its the worst job in the world. so i was wondering what your ruoiteen is.. how you battle with the weather for drying and if you iron as you go or have a pile or what xx

what brand of washing liquid/powder/tabs etc do you use.. and do you always follow the packet and put the recommended amount of powder in? i always put half the amount and my stuff always comes out clean. save myself some money to. 1 bottle of non bio concentrate liquid can last 35-40 washes :D

has any one ever used those eco balls if so do they work.

I do two loads every 2 days days, I dry all the small stuff in the dryer and the rest goes on airers or outside depending on the weather. I iron twice a week but if it piles up Sean helps out.

we can't hang washing out on our balcony, so there's a clothes horse almost permanently up in our lounge...

i do a wash every night (economy7 electricity so cheaper after 11pm), put the dry stuff away and hang the wet stuff out when i get up in the morning, and i don't iron anything apart from OH shirts for work - i do 5 of these every monday in one go (takes me about 1/2 hour to do them really well)

i've got enough to do without making any more work for myself :shakehead: :lol: :lol:

I do 1 washing every day. If I dont the pile gets a bit mad. I try to iron at least 6 items every night or if I have the time a bit more. I dont really like ironing.

my old routeen used to be wash every day.. peg out rad or tumble then try make an ironing mountain.. cant stand it anymore hence why i got rid of it all..im really gfonna try anbd wash.. peg rad or tumble then put away and iron as i go.. i think the max to iron would be 4-5 things a day..

Like you i despise ironing.
I tend to wash at least one load of clothes a day, sometimes more depending on if i have sheets or towels to do too.
I do have a washer/dryer but the dryer is crap so hardly ever use that so my clothes either dry outside on the line if the weather is good or on my clothes horse. Currenty they are kept in Calleighs room but when she moves in there i am going to have to find a new place for them :wall: i hate them they get in the way.

As for ironing well i always say i will iron as i get clothes off the line/clothes horse so it never piles up, but do i.......no :rotfl: Before we had Calleigh i would iron when we needed the clothes :?
Currently i have a little basket to do as i have been trying to get all my ironing out the way.
I blame the OH with all his work clothes to iron :evil:
So ideally i would like to get into the routine of doing the ironing as it comes so its not hanging around the place :)

i do a load every other day.

my MIL does the ironing for us though- I only ever iron if I need something and its creased! We hand it all over on a sunday and get it back monday evening loking pristine!

x

Ironing what on earth is that never hearsd of it before :? :think:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

DONT DO IRONING :talkhand:
I buy clothes that dont need one :wink: , if i have clothes that do well tough they never get it :rotfl: :rotfl:

i do at least 1 wash load a day as i have to wash the kids clothes seperate to OH (as hes a builder n permamently yucky) also i was the kids stuff in fairy and i need superstrength for his :rotfl: i always have an airer up,at the minute its in the nursery cos no room in our bedroom cos of the cotbed being in there.if its nice i put stuff on the line.I iron twice a week unless i need something specially but as weve got a utility room the ironing tends to sit in there out the way til i get time to do it.im thinking bout getting one of those table top tumble driers for winter but i hear driers are expensive to se so dunno.actally its the putting stuff away i hate

my MIL does the ironing for us though- I only ever iron if I need something and its creased! We hand it all over on a sunday and get it back monday evening loking pristine!
lucky you!id love someone to do that for me!

I wash all the time, about 2 loads a day. Tumble or line dry (we have an airer too)
Then I make a clothes mountain over the course of a few days :doh:
I fold up what I can and put it away, then toss the really creased stuff i into a basket for ironing. I never used to do any ironing but some of the jeans and kids shirts etc are unwearable unless ironed.

My mum has M&B on a Thursday so I only have Riley so I try and do the ironing then.

We get through SO MANY kids pyjamas...my washing basket is always full of them!

:oops: I pay someone to do my ironing most of the time!!

The last wee wile tho I havent and the other day I did 2.5hrs of ironing.... but I think I will be calling may lady up again to start ironing as sod 2hrs again!!

I do at least 1 load a day of washing when Brian is home... when he is away I do a load every other day.

Geordie&Bairn said:
Ironing what on earth is that never hearsd of it before :? :think:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

DONT DO IRONING :talkhand:
I buy clothes that dont need one :wink: , if i have clothes that do well tough they never get it :rotfl: :rotfl:

a girl after my own heart!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I always seem to make more washing and ironing for myself than i need to :?

I do two loads everyday, a dark load and white load. And if there isnt enough to fill up the washer i put in the bedding (again) And i also have to put OH's work clothes in seperate before bed.

I hang it all out on the line if the winds blowing and looks nice weather, or out it in the dryer if its crap outside.

Then i make an ironing mountain for the week and get it all done on a sunday or monday afternoon, (need to do it all today)

I do a few loads every day, sometimes less.

I use the tumble dryer and the airer mostly, then they all get folded up and put into a pile until OH takes them upstairs and puts them away, that's his job :lol:

I don't iron all at once. I get our clothes ready every morning and just iron those :)

i do a white load everyday and a colours/darks most days i tumble everything now i have one but used to hang it on an airer as we dont have a garden to dry things,
i dont iron anything if hubby wants something doing he has to do it himself i put my clothes on early in the morning and by the time i go out the creases have fallen out if there were any :D
xx

I usually do a couple of washes every other day or 3 days, depending on how much Becky's thrown up on us. Ironing is done every Sunday and my OH does it all because I can't iron for sh*t :lol: .

well im glad im not the only one.. wish i ahd a utility room.. i will have one one day lol..

I wash at least one load every day. I usually peg out our clothes on the line (weather depending :roll: ) and put sam's things in the dryer. Although again it is not working (but thats another story) I'll never ever buy a washer/dryer again :talkhand:

As for the ironing i used to be on the ball with that doing it regularlyn now it gets done when the pile is massive or I need something to wear out of it.

I do 1-2 washes a week but drying clothes is getting to be so difficult because of the weather, plus when we are both out working all day, I usually miss all the sunshine anyway.

We don't have a t.dryer and lately I've noticed that the stuff drying on the clothes horse are smelling of damp and i have to wash them again.

How do you dry clothes quickly without a tumble dryer or sun?? I hate having to put the heat on just to dry clothes because then its too hot at night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back