How long before you voice your opinion?

Jayceesmumma said:
beanie said:
but you could have challenged her about it via PM or asked a mod about it. We have lost so many members due to bitching, I just don't see the point of a free for all on the forum. It causes tension, upsets people and gets us nowhere.

I know..thats my point hun. She started this thread as an open dispute regarding her own arguement with another member. It seems it cant be resolved in PMs as she is not using them..

I dont want to argue hun and i dont intend on doing so, just thought this thread was pointless and wanted to say so! Im not the only one who has said it too! Its clear on the true meaning of the thread, you only have to read her 3rd post to clearly see it, and then she has a go at me for noticing, then basically admitting it in her post after about Keely! Its madness!

If the thread was pointless, ignore it. If it is offensive report it. If a member isn't using PM's ask a mod. Then it gets dealt with.

x-kirsty-x said:
I dont have a problem with you LondonerClaire, you reply to my posts and give me sound advice.

However, alot of this thread is about the link in your sig and I have to say I agree with the others. Im not bitching or taking sides but it is a bit harsh to make such a big deal out of a mistake that loads of people make every day, and when it all comes down to it, its really not that important.

Anyway, I know what this thread is about and I know its not just your sig but Im not getting involved in the rest.

HAPPY Christmas everyone :wink:

Happy Christmas hun!
Id like to point out that i dont know what this thread is really about.. thats why i asked :)

beanie said:
If the thread was pointless, ignore it. If it is offensive report it. If a member isn't using PM's ask a mod. Then it gets dealt with.

why is this on me now???

It shouldnt have been started in the first place! Thats the point!

missac said:
Jayceesmumma said:
beanie said:
If you have an issue with a particular, then the best way is PM as i have a feeling this thread is going to escalate!

I know you said it but to be fair you then went on to have a go at LondenerClare, which could have been done via PM??

i know, it was the link in the signature that annoyed me mainly, and the clear true meaning of the thread hun! Its unfair for her to have an open discussion about an issue with members (more than one, some are not online) It shouldnt have been started in the first place!

Jo was speaking up on behalf of all the people that LC has implied are ******ed, I don't think she would start an argument and have a go at someone for the sake of it. LC has asked everyone to be honest.

I didn't use the word '******ed' myself, I wouldn't go that low. I didn't realise the link said that and have removed it.

I would like to stand up for lurkers!!!

I have a friend who is very shy and I have told her about this forum.. she is currently 22 weeks pregnant and loves visiting this forum to gain advice. However she feels that she could never post for fear or 1) looking silly 2) being shot down in flames. ( I have told her to go for it but this is how she is!) Obviously she has made a post introducing herself but this was it!

I personally couldn't care what anyone else thought of me or my opinion but to my friend this matters a great deal.

I love the fact that this forum is available to all people and I would hate for it to be a "you must post once a week or your account will be deleted" kind of forum.... I have been a member of a forum like this and it just put me off posting even more and when I was threatened with being deleted this just made me feel angry towards to mods and didn't bother to post anymore!

There are plenty of people who do like to voice their opinion on this forum and I think that lurkers should be left alone to lurk in peace! lol

Londoner Claire said:
I didn't use the word '******ed' myself, I wouldn't go that low. I didn't realise the link said that and have removed it.

Thanks for removing it.. but surely you must have seen it said.. it was on the first line of the description of the word.. you cant miss it!
I found the other link easy enough and read it before posting.
If i was to put a link in my signature id make sure it was my true views and not something to offend. Sorry if that sounds harsh. :) Just a 'heads up' for next time.

Lyndsey said:

I have a friend who is very shy and I have told her about this forum.. she is currently 22 weeks pregnant and loves visiting this forum to gain advice. However she feels that she could never post for fear or 1) looking silly 2) being shot down in flames. ( I have told her to go for it but this is how she is!) Obviously she has made a post introducing herself but this was it!

I personally couldn't care what anyone else thought of me or my opinion but to my friend this matters a great deal.

I love the fact that this forum is available to all people and I would hate for it to be a "you must post once a week or your account will be deleted" kind of forum.... I have been a member of a forum like this and it just put me off posting even more and when I was threatened with being deleted this just made me feel angry towards to mods and didn't bother to post anymore!

There are plenty of people who do like to voice their opinion on this forum and I think that lurkers should be left alone to lurk in peace! lol

My friend hasnt posted either but she found some TTC advice in alot of the other posts that really helped her thru a tough time. No need to delete accounts, theres not a shortage on spaces or usernames.

Seeing as urchin isn't back yet, and that she usually uses panda bears I am going to use a polar bear.

baby-polar-bear.jpg

Well I think its cute :D

and I lurked for ages before I posted as I felt so shy - and the forum was smaller then. I think I would lurk for a lot longer now :lol:

Baby Polar bears are sooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lyndsey said:

Lurking.gif
:p

Im not a lurker (more like a spammer lol) but there have been times that I've been upset or whatever and didnt feel like posting so just read other peoples posts instead.

Sometimes just reading other peoples thoughts/experiences is a comfort without actually joining in so I do understand why there are members who never post but do 'lurk' :)

Same here kirsty, i lurked for a while before posting. I think alot of us have done it.cI felt rude or out of place to just jump in as an unknown with a bunch of people who know each other so well! But after the initial fear goes... cant shut us up lol! :rotfl:

It happens a lot when people aren't used to forums I guess. I was like that at first and just left though. My forum had a games section, quite a few just used to join in with those for a while before they got the courage to post. Smaller forums are easier in a way as someone said as it's easier to get to know people but larger, more info, good in both.

im still a bit of a lurker sometimes and im still scared of you lot :rotfl:

Londoner Claire said:
sarah113 said:
im still a bit of a lurker sometimes and im still scared of you lot :rotfl:

With coming up to 3000 posts, me thinks your bums on fire. :wink:
Is it wrong ive posted as much but been here a year less???

Lil miss chatter box eh? :rotfl:

I get what u mean tho, sometimes i feel out of place in some convos too :hug:

Oh sorry, I meant 30,000 posts Jay, not 3,000 doh! It's one all about one person too so god knows how they manage to post that many!

Londoner Claire said:
Oh sorry, I meant 30,000 posts Jay, not 3,000 doh! It's one all about one person too so god knows how they manage to post that many!
I dont follow you sorry.. 30,000?
And all about one person too?

OMG - this thread was 2 pages long and at the bottom of the page when I left work this evening. I didn't mean to start WW3 :shock: . I think people obviously needed to vent and have done so.

Claire - I'm glad you removed the link, and I think your new avatar is hysterical.

Shall we all move on now?

Has anyone seen Happy Feet????

LBxx

littlebump said:
OMG - this thread was 2 pages long and at the bottom of the page when I left work this evening. I didn't mean to start WW3 :shock: . I think people obviously needed to vent and have done so.

Claire - I'm glad you removed the link, and I think your new avatar is hysterical.

Shall we all move on now?

Has anyone seen Happy Feet????

LBxx
Ive seen bits of it.. alot of dancing!! Jaycee likes penguins so she enjoyed it! Im not sure if i could watch it 50 times tho..(she watches her fav films over and over til i hide them :twisted: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back