How does your post baby body look?

Colourmeblue

Reaction score
I had baby just over 6 weeks ago now. For the first week i still looked 7 months pregnant - really big belly. Eventually it started to go, and now its a lot smaller and doesnt look pregnant anymore, but i still see belly when i look down. Boobs are great thanks to the milk. And the cellulite on my thighs are impressive. In all honesty, I cant complain and think i look pretty good considering i just had a baby. I know i will have to work at it though, and get my ass to the gym if i want to get back to my pre pregnancy body. TBH I was too slim before. I hovered between 7 - 7 and a half stone. And during pregnancy went up to 11stone. Im now just under 9, and if i lose another half a stone, il be happy.

Hows everyone else getting along? x

Forget wobbly bits, I have more wobbly than bits! I don't really do scales but I was a size 8-10 pre pregnancy, was an 18 at about your stage and am now about a size 14 (dd is 17weeks) I've had weight issues in te past the only difference now is my belly is still massive! and I'm finding it hard to lose the weight firstly cos I always have a baby in tow (no family nearby to babysit) and secondly cos I still have bad hips and knees so any exercise except swimming is painful and not a good idea!

I wouldn't worry about a little extra cellulite etc, regular excercise and eating sensibly and it'll go, you're doing well at such an early stage!

btw join the yummy mummy tread for motivation and weight loss ideas

I was really active during pregnancy & did loads of exercise. I think this really helped with getting rid of some of the weight. I had a 6 month baby belly for 3 days after, then the weight just fell off on its own (breastfeeding & walking with the baby).
I put on 15kg in total. I lost the fitly 9kg easily and am now hoping to lose the 6 extra kg now that I have started exercising again at 8 weeks.
my problem areas are my jiggly belly, thighs & muffin top!

I've lost all but 4-5 pounds of my baby weight, but I still have a really big hard abdomen. I had an emer c section and my GP said its quite normal and will go down "eventually"! Gets me down though as I could easily pass for 6 months pregnant :-(

I lost weight during pregnancy as I was ill, but due to my love of chocolate and cakes I've put half a stone back on since giving birth, woooops. I've don't get much time to think about getting myself back into shape with having the 2 kids, so I am not putting any pressute on myself at the moment, there is enough things for me to be getting on with and 2 little cherubs taking up my time lol x

I'm four and a half months on and back to my pre-pregnancy weight and in my pre-pregnancy clothes. My body doesn't quite look or feel the same though, especially my tummy.

I started weight watchers at 8 weeks, as a way of getting a bit of me time as well as helping with the weight. I've also been taking LO for 3 mile walks every day. I was 14 and a half stone just before I had my son and now I'm 11 stone. I want to get back to 10 stone, which is what I was two years ago. I then went on holiday, then it was xmas when I got back and then I changed jobs and was so stressed I would eat 4 wispa golds a day! And just when I decided to join the gym and lose weight was when I found out I was preggers.

I've only just started back doing harder exercise cos I had a csection and my stomach is not what it once was! The davina pregnancy dvd is a good one to start back with, whichis what I'm doing now. I'm then gonner try to build up to my jillian michaels dvds! Eeek!

Harry's 5 months old on Friday and my second. I have about 2 stone to lose and my belly is a mess of stretch marks and 4 small scars from keyhole surgery after Jack was born. I'm not actually that fussed about losing weight yet. My life is far too hectic with a toddler and a baby to be worrying about it at the moment.

Once Harry's a little older and ha a regular bed time ans sleeps through i'll crack out the workout dvd's. Until then I don't go mad but i am enjoying my food x

I must have been the only woman in the world to put weight on after having baby!

I was about 10st 6lbs when I got home, gained half a stone in the first 6 weeks as we lived on take away's and convenience food (then it was Crimbo)

I am still over 10st now, I just cannot find the motivation to successfully stick to a healthy eating plan.

I was an 8-10 pre-pregnancy / 8st 7lbs at my booking in appointment.

Now I am a size 14 and hoping that my brain will someday soon get in gear so I can shift about a stone! I don't actually want to be the size I was before but I wouldn't mind being about 9 and a half stone.

The fact is being a Mummy is hard, sometimes the only thing that keeps me sane is that glass of wine (or slice of cake or whatever!!)

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I put on a grand 56lbs during pregnancy, including baby. 5.5 months on and I've lost 47lbs. I lost the initial 28lbs within the first week as that was baby/placenta etc and lots and lots of retained water. I lost 9lbs in week 2, then another 5lbs in weeks 3,4 and 5 due to breast feeding. That left me with 14lbs of fat Id gained during pregnancy, it's taken me a while to lose that as its actually meant I have to be careful what I eat and do exercise. I have managed to lose 5lbs and have 9 more to go! I don't want to do a diet to get down quickly, I want it to come off gradually based on me slowly cutting down. Im 5"8 and can fit into my size 12s, my aim is to fit back into my size 10s comfortably and evebtually squeeze into size 8s! Hopefully by September I will be back!

I feel wider in the muffin top region but my legs feel slimmer because I've been walking loads. My upper arms feel bigger.
My hair has just finished falling out in clumps and is growing back but I've noticed I have more grey hairs.

I don't feel horrendous or brilliant about it but this baby lark has made me a lot less vain! Lol.
Xxx

Last edited:
I'm 10.5 months on now and weigh 5lb lighter than I was at my booking appointment. I've put no pressure on myself to lose weight and luckily, most of it just dropped off naturally running round after Ethan etc. My body will never be the same though! My belly, back and legs are just a mass of stretch marks and I still have lots of excess fat/skin on my belly. I fit in all of my pre-pregnancy clothes other than my jeans, because I find with my belly, they are far too uncomfortable! So I'm still living in leggings. Other than my belly, my stretch marks don't really bother me and I'm pretty happy with my body now considering I've had a baby xx

Still early days for me as Noah is only 18days old.
But i gained 4stone whilst pregnant.
I was 12st 2 before and went up to 16st 3.. I weighed this weekend and im now 14st 1 :) im very happy to of lost 2st in 18days..
But i NEED to now lose the remaining 2st and try and maintain the weight i was before! This will be hard as the first 2st i think was mostly baby and water etc... This remaining weight is FAT! From eatin like a big lol.

Stretch marks looks terrible, im covered.. They look even worse now my belly has gone down.. Thighs are huge and i still cant do up my size 12 jeans yet so still wearing my maternity leggings! Grr! I really dnt wanna hve to go buying 14/16 soze clothes when im hoping to lose this weight.

My boobs are deflated :( not sure if thats just normal or cos i attemtped BFing for 5days, milk came in for a while and then went.. They look alright in a bra tho i spose! Lol xx

6 months on I weigh less now than I did when I first got pregnant. I run and cycle 5x a week and eat healthily and feel great. People tell me how "thin" I look now and I feel proud of myself cos I've been working really hard to try to be healthy. I was about 165lbs at the end and am now 148lb and back in my pre pregnancy size 10s. Still got another stone to lose though before I'm at my ideal weight.

I put on 2 stone whilst pregnant and lost it all pretty much straight away. I don't have stretch marks (thanks genes!) but my tummy is still flabby at the bottom which really bothers me as I've always had a flat tummy before. I know it'll go eventually though.

I think its definately harder to get your body back after 2nd baby, or maybe its cos im 10 years older now than when i had my 1st! - What im dreading the most is when my boobs go..., i'm gonna miss them. Think a boob job is on the cards lol x

I am now lighter than I was at my booking in by about 3kg and a more comfortable size 12.
Pre pregnancy I was carrying excess weight which I have now shifted thankfully so I am the same side as I was about 3 years ago.
I believe my weight loss is purely down to bfing M as I have done little exercise, apart from run around after her :)

I didn't put pressure on myself though as I wanted to enjoy being a mummy. Now it is easier to handle M ill be looking to get back into the gym before I go back to work.
x

I must have been the only woman in the world to put weight on after having baby!

I was about 10st 6lbs when I got home, gained half a stone in the first 6 weeks as we lived on take away's and convenience food (then it was Crimbo)

I am still over 10st now, I just cannot find the motivation to successfully stick to a healthy eating plan.

I was an 8-10 pre-pregnancy / 8st 7lbs at my booking in appointment.

Now I am a size 14 and hoping that my brain will someday soon get in gear so I can shift about a stone! I don't actually want to be the size I was before but I wouldn't mind being about 9 and a half stone.

The fact is being a Mummy is hard, sometimes the only thing that keeps me sane is that glass of wine (or slice of cake or whatever!!)

xxxxxxxx

It is so true! There are times when I'm like 'I need chocolate NOW!!!!!'

It's best not to put any pressure on. This is the first time I've ever dieted and exercised and been sensible about it all. My body went through so much, it needs time to recover! I've not done without anything, when I've wanted a pizza I've had one, so what if I don't lose weight this week?! I used to do stupid things like dukan where I made myself ill eating nothing but meat, why did I ever think that would be a good idea?! I also find it easier to eat healthier with my son around. I don't want him thinking four wispas in a day is normal, so I at least try and let him see me eat some fruit and veg and a home cooked meal!

I put on 21lbs when pregnant. But lost it all within 2 weeks of giving birth

Have since put it all back on though and I look 6mnths pregnant. no stomach tone at all and belly still protudes out. Horrible!

I was running about 20 miles a week and at my ideal weight before pregnancy. I was told to stop running at the start of my IVF cycle, but I did walking and pilates throughout pregnancy. I gained 3.5 stone, a stone of which I had lost the day after birth.

I'm slowly regaining my fitness, running about 12 miles a week at the moment. I've kept up pilates about once a week. I follow Paul McKenna for diet, so eat when I'm hungry, and this has always worked for me. I'm also a fairly healthy eater, I prefer homemade good food rather the processed crap.

8 months in, I have half a stone left to go to my pre pregnancy goal weight. I'm still carrying a little extra fat, but I'm in my pre pregnancy jeans (a little tight) and dresses (just fine). I don't think I have much in the way of stretch marks from this pregnancy (I have some old ones from when I was larger as a late teen), which I put down to bio oil, moisturising the skin religiously and luck. My tummy doesn't look any different to me, I can still see the muscle tone under the last few pounds of fat, which I put down to the Pilates.

The biggest problem is my posture! I have a natural tendency to round in the shoulders and pushing the buggy and carrying around a 21lb baby is not helping. More pilates needed!

Seriously, if anyone wants to improve tone around the middle, Pilates is awesome for that.

xxx

Last edited:
wow i admire you. i've never exercised in my life (hardly), never needed to. my body bounced right back after my first, and my tummy always looked super toned (even though it never actually was lol). this time i will definately need to work at it. my body just looks so different to how its ever looked before. thing is im eating like a pig because i want a good milk supply, so defo not looking to diet until i finish breastfeeding, so i think exercise is definately the key this time x

Up to the age of 35, I'd never really done exercise either (I'm 39 now). I didn't have a great body though. I lost my weight before I took up running, but had a high body fat percentage. I took up running because I wanted to be fit, rather than thin, and once I saw the results I don't think I could ever go back. I enjoy being fit so much and love outdoor activities like hiking that I previously hated.

I'm still not very fit, I'm the slowest, least fit runner at my club, but there's no comparison to how I was. I also find it amazing the range of dress sizes I can be at the same weight and that's all down to exercise.

It is so true! There are times when I'm like 'I need chocolate NOW!!!!!'

It's best not to put any pressure on. This is the first time I've ever dieted and exercised and been sensible about it all. My body went through so much, it needs time to recover! I've not done without anything, when I've wanted a pizza I've had one, so what if I don't lose weight this week?! I used to do stupid things like dukan where I made myself ill eating nothing but meat, why did I ever think that would be a good idea?! I also find it easier to eat healthier with my son around. I don't want him thinking four wispas in a day is normal, so I at least try and let him see me eat some fruit and veg and a home cooked meal!

For me losing weigh successfully [and more importantly maintaining it] is all about timing.

I lost 3st in 2006 (went from almost 11st, size 16 to 8st, size 8). Over the years I regained a little and in 2011 I lost 20lbs to get back to 8st.

I also stopped smoking in 2011 and at the time never gained a single pound.. So I know I have willpower.

I think for me being a Mummy is such a selfless thing that I have very little for "myself" and the treats have crept in a little. I am not going mad but I def have a few more goodies than I would normally have.

It's odd as OH actually thinks I look thinner now than I did when I went to Vegas (2009) and I was about a stone lighter then lol. It is def all Mum Tum.. :shock:

I will get there, my brain will click into gear but until then I am not going to force myself into anything and make myself miserable

xxxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back