How do you feel about your post-pregnancy body?

zebrastripes

Reaction score
On one hand,I like the fact I have boobs,instead of a surfboard,and I'm quite impressed by the curves that have suddenly popped up,mostly in the right places (previously,I was,as my mother put it,"a big long drink of water"). However I do feel that my body is somewhat messed up-although I try to view my stretchmarks,loose bits of skin and pot belly as battle scars,it's hard when pretty much every other girl my age has your standard lovely unblemished 16 year old bod :roll: :roll:

Just wondered how everyone else feels....and how long it takes to go back to normal...if ever...pfft...I never thought i could be so vain.. :?

i feel exactly the same. I used to have a iron-board stomach, and i miss that the most. I was really down about my bod after hannah. But at about 3 months after, it was starting to look better. (little i knew i was pregnant tho lmao) I even wore a belly top on a (very rare) sunny day last summer. (altho i had my hand constantly covering my belly button cos it had stretch marks around it) lol. My s/m have deffinatly fadded and look alot better.. altho i expecting to be getting them again any day now :wall: :wall:

id also be interested in how long till (and if) it goes all back?

I hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it.

midna said:
My post preggo body is just ghastly , dunno how the OH can have sex with me without covering me up ...but tbh I feel I kinda just let myself go lately where Ive not had the time so Im trying not to give a sh*t at the mo lol.

u best stfu woman.. if i ever get a shape like urs ever again in my life id b well happy..

im trying not to look int he mirror.. my eyebrows are well bad to lol.. need desperate waxing..shall update u when im looking a bit better.. plus im going to weight myself next week.. im dreading it..but its gotta be done.

Sorry to say this ladies but i feel better about my body now than before i got pregnant.

The weight has just dropped off and my pre-pregnancy clothes don't fit anymore because they are too big :cheer:

I'm very worried tho that it's all going to come back when i stop breastfeeding :(

I was never slim before becoming pregnant and being pregnant really helped me come to terms with the fact that my womanly body is so much more than something other people judge me by, it was Jakes home for 9 months. I love my stretch marks, they are service stripes and I earned every last one of them :D Ok, I want to be slimmer which I am working on, but I know the wibbily bits are here to stay- there is nothing I can do about it so why stress...?

I don't like my body.. my tummy all saggy and my ass is fat. It's disgusting, but TBH I haven't made a massive effort with losing weight ( I am now) so I only have myself to blame :?

I feel repulsed by my body and if i could afford plastic surgury id be on a plane to La.

I absolutely despise my body.... I have always had self image issues... But i look horrific now... Bits wobble that didnt before, my stomach and love handles are like Spaghetti junction and my boobs... i thought they were big before :shock: (hopefully when i stop feeding bam they'll shrink *EVERYTHING crossed* ) lol

I hate it, was not slim before but was happy but im not now.Just look at Scarlett when i get down and think i have something good to show for it too, shes worth it!

I feel weird about it because I have always been very slim and fit and now I have this extra skin on my tummy and mu legs look so fat! :wall: ZAnd I just generally feel old... :( But, I've just signed up for fitness classes so good bye flab and hello yummy mummy! :dance:

ive got bigger boobs, enough junk in my trunk (haha OH says that :lol: ) and a 25in waist which im pleased with but the skin on my tum is still a bit loose for my liking

stretchmarks have faded but still there :( doubt theyll ever go away

my boobs went MASSIVE with hannah, then cos i couldnt breast feed, they disapeared after a week or so. BUT the skin seemed to stay 'loose'. I absolutly hated that. My boobs have gone massive again this time (i actually think there even bigger)
Does the skin ever tighten back around your boobs? (didnt really get the chance to find out last time lol)

I'm in two minds about it really. When I went to have the coil fitted the doctor told me my cervix had shrunk back *completely* to the size it would have been before Ryan (thank you breastfeeding!) which I felt quite proud to hear to be honest.

I prefer being a size 10 and having a bit of shape in the hips department, and I prefer my bigger boobs which will no doubt go back down again after I stop feeding Ryan.

But... and it's a big but... I am so so used to being the girl with the flat stomach, and it's been a major shake up because now I really will not wear belly revealing clothes at all, everything has to be completely covered. Admittedly, I'm not that bad at all and the stretch marks are fading fast (except the ones on my hips and all the way around the top of my ass :shock: ) but I still don't feel comfortable about it. I've lost the great majority of my pregnancy weight, but the little flab of extra skin is just weird and I don't like it at all.

It's why I haven't been swimming cos I couldn't bear having to wear a bikini and I have been too put off buying a 1 piece costume, thinking I'll just look old.. :|

One of the things that annoys me most is that I have all these really nice dresses with boned bodices and now I can't get in them cause of my chest and my pot belly. :twisted:

Plus,what is with stretchmarks?I mean,when I look at myself in the mirror,I can't even see the individual stretchmarks-it's just this mass of flabby grey skin.

Well I have to admit that loosing my body after Tia was the most difficult thing I dealt with... I always had issues with my body before I got pregnant... but having Tia was such a blow and my body shape changed forever.

I got used to it... but my stomach never ever saw the light of day ever again. I was left with thousands of stretch marks all over my stomach which I'm totally embarrassed about. I spent hours upon hours doing sit ups hoping to get my tummy back but I never did.

I don't know how I will feel this time round. :think: I've put on much less weight this time round.. and I have put it on only on my tummy... my hips, legs etc... have remained the same. So we will have to see.. :)

But its normal. I still have one dress I used to wear from before I got pregnant with Tia... and I take it out every now and again and reminisce. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: It will never EVER fit again in a million years as it's a size 8 but its wishful thinking :)

zebrastripes said:
Plus,what is with stretchmarks?I mean,when I look at myself in the mirror,I can't even see the individual stretchmarks-it's just this mass of flabby grey skin.

OMG I know!!! I had to buy a new 1 piece swimming costume, cos there is NO way I will ever wear my bikini again, which is gutting cos its lovely!!!

I will admit, I don't like lookig at my tummy in the mirror anymore, but I'm also grateful that its the only place I have stretchmarks!!! And none of my jeans fit me anymore :evil:

Im gonna be the pain in the arse woman who actually loves her post pregnancy body!!

Ive got more curves, slightly bigger boobs and a little soft belly which I never had. I feel much more womanly and I even think my OH prefers this!!

xx

sorry xx

i was super-skinny before i got pregnant, and at first i loved my curves- it was a novelty having DD breasts (as they were in my avatar!)
but now i HATE my body! im skinny as ever, flat-chested (them DD's are distant memory even tho im still BFing a lil bit) but im carrying several kilos of excess fat ALL on my belly! i still look preggo :(
iv whined about it in the beauty section :lol:
oh and my boobs arent pert anymore.
but like u say, battlescars! lol

I didn't put on weight whilst pregnant - it was all bump - but I was never skinny to begin with. I hate my flabby wibbly stretchmarked tummy though and my big boobs :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back