post baby weight gain / appetite

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
ok bit of a weird one ...

im a larger girl anyway but i was very sick in pregnancy and durring the first 14 weeks i lost 2 stone , very slowly in the next 20 i gained about a stone back again , couldnt weigh myself in hossy but this is what i roughly weighed before i was admitted .

on day 6 post baby i weighed myslf when i got home , id lost that stone id re gained.. so i was in fact still 2 stone lighter then when i got pregnant / before dermoid was removed .

but since having bubba im starving , and craving chocolate , its as if i couldnt eat in pregnancy and i just wanna eat eat it , and eat crap too

weve also changed how we eat , we lived on micro meals :oops: but now having proper food .

i just wanna sit an howl , doesnt help been up since 4 am i suppose

tonight i feel and look huge , almost pregnant again , just got on scaled and ive gained that stone i lost :cry:

now im feeling even more miserable and fat .

what can i do about my appetite ? and did anyone else gain weight not loose after giving birth :cry: :sleep:

:hug: i know exactly how you feel all i do is eat, i cant stop and all im eating is shit!!!!i feel so fat and ugly its getting me down but i still eat the same crap, i have no will power :cry:

my girl friend told me she gained more weight AFTER she gave birth than she did during her pregnancy- but she def looks like she lost it again now (her little girl just turned 2)
she said she joined a thing online called "spark people" (i think) and it helped her loads. good luck :hug:

I never gained hardly any weight with either Aimee or Nathan and when Nathan was a week old I was the same weight as before I even got pregnant with Aimee. I was overweight before anyway so I was made up. After he was born till he was 11 months I gained another stone :( I took me till he was 1 to sort myself out and get on a diet. Just a pity I had and extra stone to loose. I just found when Nathan was younger I never had time to eat properly and always snacked at night. I've lost 30lb since he turned 1 now and I'm a stone lighter than when I got pregnant with Aimee in 2005 but still have a long way to go.

ive put on to.. give urself a break tho a new baby is hard work.. i grab what i can when i can..i got pleanty of time to be thin when im dead.. il loose it it might take time but im trying not to stress at the mo..

I didn't gain much weight during the pregnancy, but after the birth I have gained loads. The trouble is I keep thinking I need to eat (even though I'm not BFing) and so whenever LO has a nap, I stuff myself as I think I won't get a chance to when she wakes up. Not good. My belly is sticking out making me still look preggers. :(

I could have written your post!!!

At the moment Im still 1 stone lighter than pre pregnancy, but I can not stop eating. Although I have to make myself eat meals, otherwise Id be quite happy to eat a huge bar of chocolate or biscuits instead.

This stone lighter is not gonna last very long and I know as soon as I stop BF I will gain it in a week !

I keep trying to tell myself Ive got a head start and only need to lose 1.5 stones now, but I can not stop eating.

Im sorry Im not the only one x

I've also got a chocolate craving... I know I am heavier than before I got pregnant but I dont know how much, I also dont know how much I put on during pregnancy.

If I can cut out the chocolate I'd be fine... we eat quite healthily but my sweet tooth is a nightmare... I never had one before. I think its an energy thing.... using up loads running round after baby (and OH this week as he's been ill) and have got myself in a vicious circle... have the sugar, then the high, then the crash so have more sugar....

:wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back