How does your post baby body look?

I was running about 20 miles a week and at my ideal weight before pregnancy. I was told to stop running at the start of my IVF cycle, but I did walking and pilates throughout pregnancy. I gained 3.5 stone, a stone of which I had lost the day after birth.

I'm slowly regaining my fitness, running about 12 miles a week at the moment. I've kept up pilates about once a week. I follow Paul McKenna for diet, so eat when I'm hungry, and this has always worked for me. I'm also a fairly healthy eater, I prefer homemade good food rather the processed crap.

8 months in, I have half a stone left to go to my pre pregnancy goal weight. I'm still carrying a little extra fat, but I'm in my pre pregnancy jeans (a little tight) and dresses (just fine). I don't think I have much in the way of stretch marks from this pregnancy (I have some old ones from when I was larger as a late teen), which I put down to bio oil, moisturising the skin religiously and luck. My tummy doesn't look any different to me, I can still see the muscle tone under the last few pounds of fat, which I put down to the Pilates.

The biggest problem is my posture! I have a natural tendency to round in the shoulders and pushing the buggy and carrying around a 21lb baby is not helping. More pilates needed!

Seriously, if anyone wants to improve tone around the middle, Pilates is awesome for that.

xxx

Thanks for the tip on Pilates! There's a class going tomorrow at my local community centre, I was debating whether or not to go but now you've made the decision for me! I'm going!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back