How do you keep things interesting in the bedroom??

ceebee

Reaction score
Hi ttc girls :) I'm wondering if anyone has any tips/thoughts on keeping things fresh in the bedroom while ttc. I mean, before we used to have sex for fun, when we felt like it but now it's more about ttc and doing it at certain times, which takes the spontanaity and excitement out of it a bit. I have to tell my DH what days we need to BD and it all seems so orchestrated, which I suppose it is. I love my DH very much and still fancy him lots, but I'm ashamed to say that at times it can feel a real chore. Does anyone else feel like this?

Anyway, just thought this might be an interesting topic for discussion and i'm curious to what others think about it and if you have any suggestions...

:dust:baby dust to all xxx

Know what you mean hun! We had sex every other day last cycle and was bit like it was just for TTC so what I do is make sure we defo have sex at lease ones after OV and that he know that im not fertile so its just for us....IYNWIM. x

I totally understand and feel the same we have bd also every other day from cd9-cd27 and sometimes it has to b said i wasnt putting my all into it, and then feel guilty as i do love my hubby its just hard work all this ttc!!! Lol

Michelle. x

I have a tilted cervix, so while TTC, he always had to finish from behind - which he loves lol. So we started out with him on top, changed about a few times and ended with him behind.
There's always different positions you can try before u get into the final, most important position lol. So we always tried to do something a little different.
Xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

we swap foreplay... we did try lube but actually, when i am fertile i am uber wet and uber horny! Lube helped for the other times though :)

You could also get some new undie sets - don't even spend a fortune, primark etc have some lovely ones, and dazzle him with those on.
X

wOOhoo for primark!

Jayjay wen u say u have a tilted cervix, how did u find this out?
Im thinking maybe i have the same. Only becuz i seem to remember at atleast two of my past internal scans theyve got me to put my fists under my bum cheeks to help them 'manouver' better and im sure they mentioned once it was bcuz somet to do with my cervix/womb being dif in some way.

xxxx

Last edited:
can identify with this - especially this month as we've tried SMEP.

Now 17DPO and it feels like its turned into a quickie!

Last month we had a lovely night away and lots of BDing - booked on laterooms.com and really quite inexpensive as we didn't really leave the room!

I suppose it was just nice to be in a different environment and exciting when away from home.

Kezzipea - about a month or 2 into TTC I had to go for a smear, and while there I told the doc I was TTC, and she told me I have a tilted cervix and that lying on my tummy for 20mins after he finished might help.
Then I read up online about tips for TTC with a tilted cervix, and it said that him finishing from behind is better, as the little swimmers go down the way instead of trying to climb uphill...if that makes sense. Lol.
Maybe you should give it a go :) fx! X

I just gave it a try!! Lol.
:bd:
Thanks hunny bun for the info!!
I think until i know for sure ill take it in turns with the positions day to day.....then hopefully ive covered all areas!! (literally) :wink:

Mucho thanks shug. xxxxx

I agree dressing up is quite fun. I find it gets me in the mood as well asDH. I got some great pieces from new look.

Thanks for your empathy/tips girls :) Think a trip to Ann Summers might be in order. Also, gonna check out the SMEP plan as had a quick google search and it seems interesting.... We're actually planning to BD every other night this week, so will see how it goes...

Have to share this and hope it's not tmi, but this evening we had a right laugh with it - this morning he went to his archery group, so he still had on his thermal undies and had his sticky up hat hair, plus he's got a cold and farted when he got into bed - very sexy!! lol! Still, once we stopped laughing, we had a pretty good session - I guess the fact that we love eachother so much helps - maybe this is the time to find new and interesting things to do in the bedroom (but probably not including thermals, I think!)

Anyway, hope you all have fun bd sessions this month, which all result in BFPs!!!
:bd:
xx

Luckily my OH is pretty much always up for it (excuse the pun :shock:)

Sometimes I feel like I am going through the motions though - I am far to aware that we are TTC!!!

I find that my fave time is at the weekends when we can pop back to bed for an hour or so.... I need it to be quite sensual to have full enjoyment!!

We're going to aim for every other day this month. Sadly my OH is away for my most fertile time though - grrrrr (he is away for the whole 5 day window)

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I have to admit that all the fun and excitement has gone from the bedroom for me and oh. We seem to have fallen in to the trap of only careing about sex when its the "right" time, so much so that when I was in the mood and made a move on oh and his comment was "oh I thought you time was done for this month" I felt really great after that and not in the mood!

We did have a chat and are going to stop and take stock and get the fun back!

So I will making a trip and getting some new undies and new pj and not big thermal ones!

Xx

we indulge in foreplay for ages, sexy undies are no point for us as he is just like '' oh they are nice.......take em off''

i get self concisous all the time as i yo yo with my weight so sometimes we have a lull when i am not up for it, now anc again we will have a random fun time in the kitchen, on the stairs, in the living room. Taking it out the bedroom is always fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back