question, is it naive

trixipaws

Reaction score
LOL look at me poking my head in here already!!! :lol:

i kno iv got agessssssssssss before we ttc, but no harm in learning about it beforehand is there hehe!

anyway, i'v done a lil bit of reading up on TTC and also NFP (the complete reverse- form of contraception avoiding fertile days) b/c NFP is what i fancy using until we ttc. it looks really complicated and a bit of a chore, testing CM (which is ALWAYS there for me anyway i am a complete snail so i dont think that one will help me at all! tmi lol) charting (which i dont really understand) and cervix postision (believe me i'v had my fingers up there MANY times :wink: :wink: :wink: and iv NO idea which bit is cervix and NEVER noticed its ever any different :?

cant be arsed with it all really! just wondered, is it naive of me to think we will be successful doing the "let's just not take precautions and see what happens" method of TTC?

has anyone tried the relaxed approach and how did it work? how does it compare to doing it properly?

Well, that's how we ended up pregnant in October hun! We decided to just see what happened and what happened was that (it was a chemical pregnancy though).

No not at all - don't forget that's how most people get pregnant. On here it can look deceptive becuase there are lots of us who for various reasons take a bit longer and a lot more effort to get pregnant. But I would definately start with the give it a go and wait and see approach first before starting to chart etc. My best friend at work asked about everything when she started to ttc and I refused to tell her anything other than what her rough date of ovulation was and told her to ask again in 3 months if she still hadn't got bfp.

She never had to ask :D

Not at all, i got pregnant with Jack within 3 months without even trying, with Noah i worked out when i ovulated tho and fell in the first month!

Trixi Maldives caught pregnant trying to work out when her fertile days were and avoiding them!

It depends how regular you are. If you are regular as clockwork ie 28 day cycles always ovulating on day 14 (I can send you some tests if you want) then you could avoid sex between day 8 and 15 and probably be fairly ok but then if your period is days 1-6 it doesn't leave you many clear days for action without getting pregnant!

It's not the safest method but if you are going to TTC anyway next year would it be the worst thing if it didn't work?

babyblonde said:
Well, that's how we ended up pregnant in October hun! We decided to just see what happened and what happened was that

OMG us too! It was the one month where I wasn't obsessing over it and I ended up knocked up! Plus we only did it twice that month :? Go figure...

The other time we got pregnant we basically did it every day (we missed a few here and there) from the end of bleeding until about 3 weeks in when I just didn't feel like it at all, shattered, bloated etc. Lo and behold I was pregnant again!

Best of luck hon. I have no idea about the reverse method. How long are you going to wait before TTC?

trixipaws said:
LOL look at me poking my head in here already!!! :lol:

i kno iv got agessssssssssss before we ttc, but no harm in learning about it beforehand is there hehe!

anyway, i'v done a lil bit of reading up on TTC and also NFP (the complete reverse- form of contraception avoiding fertile days) b/c NFP is what i fancy using until we ttc. it looks really complicated and a bit of a chore, testing CM (which is ALWAYS there for me anyway i am a complete snail so i dont think that one will help me at all! tmi lol) charting (which i dont really understand) and cervix postision (believe me i'v had my fingers up there MANY times :wink: :wink: :wink: and iv NO idea which bit is cervix and NEVER noticed its ever any different :?

cant be arsed with it all really! just wondered, is it naive of me to think we will be successful doing the "let's just not take precautions and see what happens" method of TTC?

has anyone tried the relaxed approach and how did it work? how does it compare to doing it properly?

Yes we used the not trying not preventing method and see what happens...

It's worked within 3 months which is pretty damn good considdering the %age of people who get pregnant within the first 3 6 & 12 months :D

I always said id never temp, chart etc...because I was such a poas addict, and i'd eitehr get obsessed with it all or it would make it unenjoyable to me.

I just had sex, not even on an every other day basis, I think we have only done it twice this month and it's worked...I stayed lying down for a while after and that's about it :D

Good luck for when you do TTC trix! :hug:

ejjie said:
It's not the safest method but if you are going to TTC anyway next year would it be the worst thing if it didn't work?
no not to me! haha i dont care if it doesnt work but my bf might tho! well i refuse to eat any more stupid pills so he can either risk it or use condoms :moon: hehehe

i just registered on fertility friend and got this chart with all numbers on but it completely fried my brain- didnt understand one tiny bit of it- so i ran away screaming :lol:

which bit is cervix then? im curious! and how am i supposed to feel around up there without- well you know, getting... distracted... :wink: :lol:

I could never tell what was going on with my cervix... In the FAQs section there are instructions on how to do it.

Charting gets easier the longer you do it. If you start with just temperatures then add in other stuff like CM etc and you can do the cervix if you can work it out but it's not essential

I never put cervix stats in

if you find Libs 'haven't been here in a long time' post, there is a helpful diagram in there, page 2 i think ;)

monster_munch said:
if you find Libs 'haven't been here in a long time' post, there is a helpful diagram in there, page 2 i think ;)

It really did help, honestly! :lol:

Hi Trix,

My sis took the relaxed scenic route and it took her 14 months to conceive whereas I took the motorway route of finding out when I was ovulating and got my BFP on my first cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back