Is it just me?

HappyBunny,

Your mom reading it wouldn't be so bad - but imagine your dad or your brother!

Or OH :shock: Oh dear oh dear

I ws thinking the other day though - imagine all the kids our parents had and there was no temping, charting or OPKs! Just plain old fashioned following your impulses.

Mind you there was no birth control either (Catholic Ireland here)

My great grandmother had 21 kids :shock:

Sue

Tiny Sue said:
HappyBunny,

Your mom reading it wouldn't be so bad - but imagine your dad or your brother!

Or OH :shock: Oh dear oh dear

I ws thinking the other day though - imagine all the kids our parents had and there was no temping, charting or OPKs! Just plain old fashioned following your impulses.

Mind you there was no birth control either (Catholic Ireland here)

My great grandmother had 21 kids :shock:

Sue

woah, she must have had great impulse!! 21 kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Happy Bunny, I'd say it was because she was married to a man who wouldn't give up and in those days women had to submit, it was in the late 19th century. There is a pic of that woman in our photo album at home. She looks about 70 and she's pregnant.

I did that maths once. Assuming none of those births were twins, my great grandmother was pregnant for 19 years of her life.

That's almost three life sentences. :shock:

Sue

omg 21 times!

imagine what her....no I won't say it :lol:

I'm still enjoying using the OPKs but then this month was my first time. I couldn't bring myself to 'do it' on some days even though they might have been the most fertile though. I get tired!

But we enjoyed the times we did :)

OPKs etc are expensive- and very addictive :)

I know what you mean, I know that we were lucky enough not to be TTC for that long but even then I had started to get rather calculating about it and a few times really forced the issue when neither of us was up for it. The week we conceived we were actually trying some new <ahem> toys out and were having more fun and I'm sure it made a difference. Thing is that I am usually really up for it about ovulation anyway when I'm not stressing about it so chances are that you'd be doing it about the right time anyway if you just went with the flow. How about ordering some fun things online to play with and having a month of just not trying not to get get pg? It might just give you both a bit of a break and put some fun back in....?

:hug:
+++

:oops: Well, you see Rosebay, neither of us are really into that kind of thing. It just doesn't do it for us, you know?

But thanks for the tip, and I will try to relax!

Sue

you could buy some new pretty undies etc instead, to get you a bit more in the mood :)

I don't tend to fancy toys etc that often, but if I have some new undies or a sexy new dress, it makes me more up for it :)

Ok, how about nice candlelit baths- alone if you like (I don't think we'd both fit in our tub even if we did try!) and nice ambient music etc? Maybe even a candlelit bedroom, that kind of thing? Just something different to make a change. I tried giving my OH a massage (just found some instructions online) once and he fell asleep half way through which was not the intention :rotfl:

+++

Hi guys,

I have found its not just me being frustrated its my poor DH, once he sees the packet of OPK's are out of the cupboard he gets all panicky!! I am sure he has started to avoid me and on more than one occassion I have accused him of faking it!!! :lol:
Fortunately we do talk about how its taking its toll and now I pretend that I am ovulating earlier or later so that he doesn't really know, talk about trapping your man!! :oops: :rotfl:

trigger said:
Hi guys,

I have found its not just me being frustrated its my poor DH, once he sees the packet of OPK's are out of the cupboard he gets all panicky!! I am sure he has started to avoid me and on more than one occassion I have accused him of faking it!!! :lol:
Fortunately we do talk about how its taking its toll and now I pretend that I am ovulating earlier or later so that he doesn't really know, talk about trapping your man!! :oops: :rotfl:

Bless you honey! My bloke used to get anxiety performance too. I just refrained from letting him know when was the key time and all worked out ok :)

I definitely think ignorance is bliss in this case!! :lol:

:)
Well, it's worked! I threw away all OPKs, decided we weren't going to BD the night I knew I was ovulating cos we just didn't feel like it, and guess what?

We BD this morning, and it was WONDERFUL!!!! No worrying and everything went smoothly. :) :) :)

PLUS (I told OH afterwards though) there was a bonus of copious amounts of EWCM! (sorry TMI I know :oops: )

Happy camper here, and OH more than happy too.

New carefree us :)

Sue

:cheer: glad to hear all is on track hun. good luck.xxxxxxxx

its normal ladies. can i just say, when you do get pregnant, it'll all resume. when i found out, i wanted sex all the time, partly because i was so happy, and because for once we could do it to enjoy it not just to "catch"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back