Hot drinks

ickleprawn

Reaction score
Having managed (just!) to give up alcohol, I really need my hot drinks - especially in this cold weather. I used to make a huge cafetiere of coffee for us in the morning although this was the only coffee I used to drink all day - if I used decaff would it still be ok as I miss it lots!?? Also does anyone know about decaff tea? In the evenings I used to drink Options minty choc - do I need to give this up to???:wall2:

decaff anything is fine and options is good too. Do you like ovaltine? my midwife suggested it to me aparentally the vitamins in at are good for baby she gave me a sachet with a pregnant woman on it i was like ooooo freebies lol this was with my firth tho lol so near enough 3 years ago now lol! the hawlicks is good too and the choc one is really nice. Just avoid too many coca colas if you drink allot of that as there is allot of caffine in any frizzy drink unless it says zero or zero caffine x x x

I drink a mixture of decaf and regular tea. Decaf is fine - fill your boots! I think regular is ok in moderation too. Obviously year ago they supped tea for England and it wont have been decaf. I cant give up my regular tea entirely because they dont do a decaf version and it's so luscious!! If I am choosing a brand off the shelf in the supermarket I got with Tetley's or Yorkshire Tea but their decaf isnt great so I have gone with Typhoo Decaf and I think it's exactly as regular.

Horlicks and Ovaltine (or any malt drink) are really good when you are BFing and help with milk supply BTW :)

u can have 3 cups of instant coffee and 6 of tea by recommendations, tea doesn't do much to help with the absorption of vits, so it isn't recommended that u take ur prenatals with it either... I like my fruit teas too

i swapped my teas for hot milk haha because up until now i didnt know they did decaf tea hahah! :oops:

i love hot milk mmmmmmm i dont drink tea or coffee i used to love them till i got pregnant with my first and i still cant stand them now lol x

i drink lots of hot chocolate when i feel cold :)

i still allow myself one glass of fat coke a day too. moderation is fine i say

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back