TTC and Coffee/Caffiene?

LouiseB

Reaction score
A thread about alcohol tends to crop up quite frequently and i was just wondering about caffiene...

All the research is so conflicting and confusing which makes it hard for someone like me, who typically drinks a few cups of coffee per day.

I have switched to decaff and still drink tea and diet coke - probably about 4 or 5 servings per day - plus i also drink about 1.5 litres of water/squash too.

I was just wondering what everyone else thinks re caffiene, specifically coffee :)

How much do you drink per day?

I drink 2 cups of tea and 1 cappuccino and 2 litres of water a day. I used to drink coca cola zero but I've switched to fanta now.
Not sure how much is advised (as in actual cups)?

I've wondered about this too although I'm a tea drinker rather than coffee. I have started drinking caffine free diet coke, instead of Pepsi Max which has caffine in it.
At work, we can sometimes have 5 cups of tea a day. I never say no to a cup of tea!!
I've read conflicting articles about how much caffine you should have whilst TTC, so I think I'm going to cut it right down from now on as I don't want anything to hamper my chances of getting my BFP sometime soon.

I've started drinking de-caff and maybe 1 cup of normal a day. I don't really drink fizzy drinks so no problems there for me!

i can't remember where but i have read somewhere that drinking caffeine can reduce your chances of conceiving by 60% i stopped all caffeine as soon as i read that. i feel bad coz i can't remember where i read it. i drink de-caffe now and cut out coke/pepsi and drink sprite now as it is caffeine free. xx

Well when I was TTC i drank about 7 cups of tea a day and was TTC for 6 months.. I don't think caffeine is a big issue tbh but it could up your chances if that makes sense.
I also smoked 10 cigarettes a day ( quit now ) so I don't think you should have a problem tbh

I'd heard that 2 cups of coffee a day is acceptable when pregnant - but not more, atm I'm keeping to 1 coffee a day (in the morning), then rest is decaf or caffeine free coke / pepsi / other pop etc and maybe the odd tea - that might change when I do actually get pregnant tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back