Oh No! My beloved coffee!

Mama 2 Be

Reaction score
It's finally happened - I've gone off the taste of coffee :cry:

I switched to decaff when I got my BFP but this morning when I got my coffee at my desk, I can't drink it. It doesn't taste metal or anything just so bitter and vile. :doh:

A moment's silence please if you will. :pray:

Still the Chunky Monkey 'Craving' is in full flow ( :wink: ) so I guess this is the price I pay.

What have you girls gone off of since BFP?

I can totally sympathise and observed your moment of silence for the coffee.
I went off tea and was devastated. I still wanted tea and could imagine what it tasted like but it didnt taste nice.

lol i like coffee now! never really drank it before...

i've gone off smoked tofu which was one of my favourite things to eat before - hubby has to lock himself in the kitchen with the window wide open if he wants some as even the smell of it cooking makes me retch!

I went off coffee before I even got my BFP - now even the smell of it makes me feel nauseous, and I used to have about a pint a day of the stuff!

I've also gone off porridge too, which I used to have for breakfast every day - in fact, I've pretty much gone off everything and have hardly any appetite at all :(

How much caffiene are we allowed to have? I don't drink coffee or tea but love diet coke, if I buy caffiene free for at home, can I still have the odd glass when I go out?

This is HARD man!!!!

ejjie its on the end of my blog what we're allowed to have (and not have) x You count the caffeine in choccy too remember.

Snap re the coffee, decaff too, starting to taste like dishwater to me. I'm into lilt right now though :cheer:
would love some feta cheese but we can't have it.

ejjie said:
How much caffiene are we allowed to have? I don't drink coffee or tea but love diet coke, if I buy caffiene free for at home, can I still have the odd glass when I go out?

This is HARD man!!!!

I know what you mean!

My book says three cups of coffee or tea or other related caffine products a day. I'm a big full fat Coke person so it's killing me. :cry:

Does the diet variety have caffiene in it?

Although on the news this morning it said don't have any caffiene - but lets face it if we listened to the 'experts' what the hell would we eat??? :rotfl:

O/T Ejjie - CONGRATULATIONS! - Saw a sneaky little note in the post that your got your BFP this morning - shout it from the roof tops girl! :clap: :dance:

Yeh diet coke still has caffeine, but you can buy decaf caffeine free cola.

are they saying no caffeine at all now?
So thats choccy out the window, I dont think so :shakehead:
infact read to decrease chance of m/c to have evryday : fruit, vegetables and....chocolate!

HollyHobby said:
ejjie its on the end of my blog what we're allowed to have (and not have) x You count the caffeine in choccy too remember.

Snap re the coffee, decaff too, starting to taste like dishwater to me. I'm into lilt right now though :cheer:
would love some feta cheese but we can't have it.

Why cant you have feta cheese HollyHobby??? :think:

Its classed as a hard cheese so there is no problems there.

are you sure? i read goats cheese was off the menu.
will have to double check as it is my fav!

Can I just say one thing - it feels SO good to be in here with you guys *Group hug!*

I'll take a quick look at your blog hols. This caffiene thing is annoying. I cannot go without chocolate, no way! I'll buy some caffiene free diet coke though...

I can't wait to get symptoms and cravings (I'll bet I regret saying that!)

Anybody else getting any yet?

after a quick check, no you cant have it due to listeria.

I found this on the babycenter website. The only reason I knew feta was ok because I asked my midwife because I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go ahead and have some hunny!

Cheeses which are SAFE to eat in pregnancy

Hard cheeses:
Austrian smoked, Babybel, Caerphilly, Cheddar, Cheshire, Derby, Double Gloucester, Edam, Emmental, English goat's cheddar, feta, Gouda, Gruyere, Halloumi, Havarti, Jarlsberg, Lancashire, Manchego, Orkney, paneer, Parmesan, Pecorino (hard), Provolone, Red Leicester.

Soft and processed cheeses:
Boursin, cottage cheese, cream cheese, feta, goat's cheese without a white rind, mascarpone, mozzarella, Philadelphia, processed cheese (such as cheese spread), Quark, ricotta.

Yoghurts (all varieties), probiotic drinks, fromage frais, soured cream and crème fraîche - any variety, including natural, flavoured and biologically active - are all safe to eat.

Cheeses to AVOID in pregnancy

Mould-ripened soft cheeses:
Brie, Blue Brie, Cambozola, Camembert, Chaumes, chèvre (goats cheese with a white rind), Pont L'Eveque, Taleggio, Vacherin-Fribourgeois

Blue-veined cheeses:
Bergader, Bleu d'Auvergne, Blue Wensleydale, Shropshire Blue, Danish Blue, Dolcelatte, Gorgonzola, Roncal, Roquefort, Stilton, tomme, Wensleydale (blue).

Soft, unpasteurised cheese, including goat and sheep's cheeses:
Chabichou, Pyramide, Torta del Cesar.

No, I'm not going to risk it. I think it's one of those controversial foods.
Will taste all the nicer in July :cheer:

Which site says you cant have it then? All this conflicting information is a nightmare isnt it!!! :roll:

I wonder why my midwife says it was fine if its not, bit worried now!!!

Thank god i still love my coffee LOL, still didn't switch to decaf though! but i only have between 1-2 cups of coffee and a cup of tea a day and around 300 ml of diet coke a day LOOL. I love coke and can't eat without it! im not bothered to switch to decaf coke though! but what was bad for me last time is TUNA! whenever i had it i start to get bad cramps! so I guess these guidelines work deifferently for each of us.

Coke is just beautiful, with heaps of ice in a big pint glass......ahhhhhhh bliss :D

It's all over the internet not to eat feta. I googled ''feta cheese pregnant''.

You also have to be careful when buying it cos some arent really real feta, like lidls feta cheese isnt real feta and theyve since changed the labeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back