Hospital bag

Leah04x

Reaction score
So I was thinking about buying my hospital bag, but I have absolutely no idea what ladies use for a hospital bag?!

Sorry if I sound really silly (lol), but some people I have spoken to say to take a small suitcase, and others say to buy a weekend bag/holdall type thing..

What are you ladies using for your hospital bag?
& Also, where is the best place to buy one?

xx

I have been thinking about the same thing too
My friend is buying a little suitcase to take with her
I still have to make my hospital list of what to take too x

I ordered a prepacked one off ebay and that came in a frenzy wheeled case type thing, i've also bought an empty one the same so got one with all my tolieteries/nappies etc in then one with mine and babies clothes.. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Frenzy-Li...Tickets_Travel_Luggage_CA&hash=item231e8a22b0

Thats what i have and with the two there's plenty of space but if you wanted it all in one i guess a small suitcase?

Thanks girlies!
I did see the pre-packed ones on ebay, but didn't know if they were any good.. Will have a gander!
Also, are you taking LOs changing bag full of baby stuff or packing that in with yours?

xx

I have a large pink weekender bag. Its very roomy!
I have all my stuff on one side, and all baby's stuff on the other side, but I might put baby's stuff in a different bag, and pack that bag inside my hospital bag (if that makes sense) just to keep all baby's stuff together x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I've got a weekend bag thing that has wheels and a zip away handle so it can be carried as well as wheeled and I've got a separate bag for baby!

Thanks girlies!
I did see the pre-packed ones on ebay, but didn't know if they were any good.. Will have a gander!
Also, are you taking LOs changing bag full of baby stuff or packing that in with yours?

xx

I hadn't even thought about taking the changing bag tbh, it's all in with my stuff. Will be interested to see if anyone is taking theirs..

as for the pre packed, TBH i just didn't want to trapse round the shops to get all the little bits like, breat pads, maternity pads, little shampoos/shower gel/toothpaste etc (because i'm far to tired and lazy these days!):roll:

and since the bag was £10 on it's own and the prepacked was £29.99 i thought £20 is probably what all the little bits included would have cost me anyway, specially since there's a 27pack of nappies & full size wipes etc. I would imagine the cost would be the same to just go buy everything. *this is the one i ordered*

i only took a holdall quite a big one and most of the things in it were babies xx

I have a small wheeled suitcase for my stuff and I am using Roo's changing bag as his hospital bag as it is very roomy. Thought having one on wheels would be easier than trying to lug around a huge holdall and changing bag. xx

I'm taking 2 rucksacks, one for labour and one for afterwards. hubby will take a bag of his own with a change of clothes and stuff to keep him occupied like the ipad etc and will also have snacks and drinks.

Thanks! Think I'll opt for a holdall type thing with wheels to make things easier..
I'm gonna have a look on ebay, but where else can you get these from?
I had a look on the Argos website, and they've got some, but all this 'litre capacity' doesn't really mean a lot to me and you can't see it before you buy it to see the size lol..

xx

I have a little case with all babies things in and an overnight bag with all my things in. Was going to try and get it all in 1 bag but thought it would be easier to find things if they were separate.

I have a large changing bag with all the baby stuff in it, nappies, blankets, clothes, etc. It's pretty full, even though it's quite big!! It's this one: http://www.next.co.uk/g703142s4#748288g70
I originally had a small backpack with my stuff in it, I had a spare nighty, slipper socks, toiletries, snacks, lucozade, facecloths, hand towel, water sprayer, tissues, etc. All the maternity stuff was in the baby's bag, pads etc.
HOWEVER, when I was in hospital last week, I quickly realised this bag would not be suitable for labour, it barely did me for the one night and dh had to bring me in more stuff anyway.
SO, yesterday I repacked into a large weekend bag.
A long vest top for labour - I was roasting in a nighty during my hospital stay, would be godawful in labour!!
A spare nighty for after the birth.
A pair of comfy (old) shorts in case I'm walking about during labour, don't want my bits on display
A pair of comfy yoga pants and a light vest top for daytime wear in hospital if I get kept in - I didn't like being in my nighty during the day on the ward.
Three or four pairs of large cotton pants that I don't mind chucking if they get ruined (at least one with a particularly high waistband in case of c-section)
Spare (comfy) bra that's suitable for breastfeeding - I just put in a slip on/off bandeau bra for this as I wear my nursing bras regularly and don't want to pack any of them away!)
A COMFY going home outfit, stretchy trousers, cotton top, etc. I'm hoping cos it will be summer I won't need a jumper cos there's no room for it!!

I kept the snacks and Kindle and water sprayer thing in the small backback and I'll put some more stuff in that for DH has he was so supportive (not!) snoozing in the corner while I was stressing on the bed, I will definitely be packing things to keep him amused. A change of t-shirt and underwear would be handy too. Chargers and change are highly recommended too so I'll probably pop them in as well.

So this is my revised hospital bag list!! :) xx

I've just moved my stuff from a holdall to a small suitcase and got it all in one bag now, apart from OH's stuff, but he can just take a small bag for that. I love the fact that there's little baby clothes in there, but when we come home we'll have a little person actually wearing them! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Another thing I learned from seeing other people on the ward with suitcases was that they had to empty everything out or dig around for stuff they wanted. So it would be harder maybe to find stuff for the baby if it was all in the same bag? I think digging around after labour (especially c-section) would be a nightmare. That's why I wanted to keep the baby stuff separate xx

Thanks for the ideas ladies! :D
Think I've decided on a bag, ebay £21 - bargain! I think it should be big enough, it's 40ltr capacity - 53cm x 30cm x 25cm.. For my things, then separate bag for baby :) + OH can bring his own small rucksack..

xx

Iv just got a little case on wheels with all my labour stuff in it. The free changing bag I got for registering with boots for the babies stuff. And iv also packed my coming home outfit, in a fancy carrier bag that I'm keeping separate in the car, OH can bring it in when I need it. Loved packing my hospital bag...! Made it so real :) x

I'm not taking loads of bags, because there just isn't room for them in hospital what with family, MWs, doctors etc etc they will just get in the way (they do on the wards!!) I will probably just get a decent sized holdall with different compartments, so me, LO and OH have a space for bits each :) I don't live far from the hospital so anything else I need will be left packed in the hallway and someone will be able to easily grab it from ours x

I had a small case for me and a hold all for baby, the things I used were:

Pyjamas
Wine gums
Maternity pads
Towel
Shower stuff
Breast pads
Nursing bra
Sleep suits for baby
Nappies
Kindle for after baby was born
Flannel for during labour

If I am totally honest I was naked for most of my labour and I really didn't care, I was in at too much pain lol....

Xxxx

I had a small case for me and a hold all for baby, the things I used were:

Pyjamas
Wine gums
Maternity pads
Towel
Shower stuff
Breast pads
Nursing bra
Sleep suits for baby
Nappies
Kindle for after baby was born
Flannel for during labour

If I am totally honest I was naked for most of my labour and I really didn't care, I was in at too much pain lol....

Xxxx

Best hospital list iv seen - my kind of hospital list! Haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back