hospital bag!

scandicmum85

Reaction score
I am thinking of packing and get the hospital bag ready in case I go into labour before due date, dont think I will but never know!!

I am not sure what I should pack, last time I went to hospital without hospital bag and ended up looking messy for days haha...

I seen you can buy some "hospital underwear" at boots etc, is that not something u get free at hospital? Pads etc?

Confused.com!

I don't know about maternity pads, i bought my own to pack in my bag. You can buy disposable pants but i was advised at my antenatal classes to buy cheapy pants from Tesco or Asda - they do packs of 4 or 5 for a few pounds. You spend about the same on a pack of disposable pants which are not as strong and only get one use.

The list of things i packed are:

Snacks and Drinks
Spare Clothes for OH/Birthing Partner
Deodorant
Phone chargers
Toothbrushes
Maternity Notes and Birth Plan
Old towel
PJ's Nursing bra
Socks
Hair band
Hair brush
Lip balm
List of people to call
Going home clothes (loose for comfort)
Cheap pants
Toothpaste
Make-up
Mirror
Shampoo & Conditioner
Shower Gel
Bikini Top (as i'm planning on a water birth)
Camera
3 x Babygrows
Baby hat
Nappies
3 x Bodysuits
Light jacket
Scratch mittens
WaterWipes (this is what i'm using for wetwipes)
Nappy sacks
Nappy rash cream
Blanket
Muslin squares
Baby's going home outfit
Maternity pads
LilyPadz (this is what i'm using for breast pads)
Nipple cream

If I am not going to breastfeed etc do I bring my own bottle with me etc? x

If I am not going to breastfeed etc do I bring my own bottle with me etc? x

Id double check with the hospital hunny, i didnt with Adam but this time the hospital has a breastfeeding campaign going on and are no longer offering milk. So i have got the cow and gate starter pack with 12 presterilised bottles x x

I'm going to Liverpool womens & have been advised they don't provide milk so if for some reason I can't breast feed I'm gonna do the same as m2a! M2A where did you buy your pack from? X

I'm going to Liverpool womens & have been advised they don't provide milk so if for some reason I can't breast feed I'm gonna do the same as m2a! M2A where did you buy your pack from? X

Im going liverpool womens too hunny, its because they are trying to make you breastfeed, i think we personally should be given an option like everyone else but dont get me started on that. You can get them from Asda and mothercare hunny. I paid about £13/£14 for 12 bottles x x

What happens if you intend to bf but end up not being able to, will they provide emergency formula or do you have to take your own just in case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back