how many bags?!

lozzi

Reaction score
how many bags did u ladies take / plan on taking to hospital?

Ive got my bag for madam,

but then ive got my bag, which is slowly turning into two bags :S lol..

wud they laugh if i turn up with 3 bags u think? hahaha when i say three bags i mean

a holdall, a handheld overnight bag and a small holdall...

the big holdall is full of madams stuff,

the overnight stuff is toiletries/clothes for after i pop etc

and the small holdall contains labour stuff, like nighties, baby wipes, socks, dressing gown,hozzy notes etc

am i being excessive? haha

Blimely hun! 2 bags for you! what you taking? you'll probably only be in there the one night lol

Im taking 2 medium sized holdalls one for baby and one for me.
Also packed my pain in the butt son a overnight backpack to take to my parents.

pack two separate bags.. (one for u .. one for baby) but put both in one small suitcase.

also pack a emergency bag and leave at home, just in case u have a c-section (or any other reason) and have to stay in longer.. someone can fetch it easy

well thats what im doing.. soon !!! ha!!

i cud just buy a larger holdall and put all my stuff in it, but i thought it wud be more convenient to go dad PINK holdall is what i need NOW, lol, coz otherwise he'll be passing me stuff from my bag which is for afterwards. haha

Ive got packed so far:

3xbirthing nighties (incase i have water birth)
dressing gown that can be ruint in delivery
dressing gown for afterwards
6x black knickers
2x cosy socks
2x pj bottoms
2x pj tops
2x black towels
Maternity Pads
Shampoo
Conditioner
Shower Gel and puff
Hairbrush
Baby wipes (for me i use them for makeup/coolnig/cleaning)
Nipple cream
Nipple pads
Makeup
Antiperspirant/ dove underarm / deoderant
Outfit to come home in
Snacks/drinks/sweets etc
Tens machine to go in afterwards...

have i missed anything?

I had two bags for hospital. One labour bag and one for on the ward. I had a c section so I just got my dh to bring extra stuff in.

lozzijane said:
Ive got packed so far:

3xbirthing nighties (incase i have water birth)
dressing gown that can be ruint in delivery
dressing gown for afterwards
6x black knickers
2x cosy socks
2x pj bottoms
2x pj tops
2x black towels
Maternity Pads
Shampoo
Conditioner
Shower Gel and puff
Hairbrush
Baby wipes (for me i use them for makeup/coolnig/cleaning)
Nipple cream
Nipple pads
Makeup
Antiperspirant/ dove underarm / deoderant
Outfit to come home in
Snacks/drinks/sweets etc
Tens machine to go in afterwards...

have i missed anything?

You seem to have everything pretty much sorted. Are you taking 2 packs of maternity pads? I went through alot while in hospital :oops:

i have packed a bag for jamie
and a bag for myself consisting of

labour nightie & dressing gown
old t shirt
socks towel
facial wipes
slippers(for after also)
disposable briefs.

that's it for labour i am not intending on going through it long enough to need anymore stuff!!

then in the bag there is a clean towel to seperate the stuff for after the birth,which consists of...

clean nigtie,dresssing gown & pj's
toiletries
disposable briefs
breast pads
sanitary pads.
going home clothes (tracksuit)

also there is a lunchbag in the fridge containing chocolate,drinks and snacks to take for during labour.

i like the idea mentioned before of an extra bag at home just incase i need to stay longer,also a good idea to do an extra baby one too.*heads off to start packing* LOL! :D

I've got a bag for me with all of my stuff and i've got a separate bag for the baby. I found that I couldn't fit everything in 1 bag for both of us so that's why i've got 2 bags. They are both by the door ready in case I do have to go into hospital but secretly still hoping for my home birth :pray:

I got two bags, one for me and one for baby, although some of the baby stuff does overflow into mine lol

Also gonna do a rucksack nearer the time for OH, with food and change of clothes in etc

lozzijane said:
hev&madi said:
i had about 7 bags in total :rotfl:

was that shoes for madi?

ive seen ur collection ;)

no it was all my stuff :oops: dont forget i was in a while

p.s you can never have to many pairs of knickers!!!

:lol: you moving in lozzi?! I had 1 bag for everything, including mine, babies and labour stuff. As I was in for near a week though, we left with about 4 bags (1 massive suitacase, a holdall and 2 carrier bags) full of stuff, and bags had already been taken home with washing and to get clean stuff for me and Damo. I wasn't very prepared though :lol: Had to get OH to bring loads of stuff to me in L&D hospital as I didn't expect to be so far from home for long!

i had one bag for me and one for jamie but then when i had my c section, half of primarks pyjama department came in with my OH lol!!

I'd try and just pack 2 bags if I were you, as I found that the more bags you have the more faffing around trying to find stuff! Especially if your in mid contraction you don't want to be digging around trying to find out were you've put your disposable pants/ santiary towels etc! Also make sure the bags ain't to small or else everything just ends up on the floor!!! :shock:
Good luck ladies times a ticking...... :cheer:

i think i had 3 bags, didnt really need it all tho, came out 6 hours after having my son

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back