slippers
maternity pads
breast pads
disposable knickers

what else will i really need?

pillows :) and towels hun

towels are very important and im takin my pillow for comfort chick

xx

I've been taking notes whilst catching up with this post :) im getting myself prepaired already haha.Not even about due yet lol. All handy i say :D xx

Good old mamafy eh :)

thanks for the link chick im currently takin scribbles....and hope ria and rachel notices it too coz were doing our bags at same time :)

xxx

Lol, that made me laugh. Sorry to hear you were in hospital hun, are you feeling any better now? I've started to get my hospital bag sorted, because up until 24 weeks we'd not done anything (just in case), then i had a major panic, and that other thread really helped getting me organised. The thing i need to work out now, is breast pumps - manual or electric, steriliser, microwave or not? Its all very very confusing to me lol :shock:

I would take more PJ bottoms, as leaks can happen and u dont wanna wind up stuck.. Also more baby sleepsuits, LO went through them like mad.. I wouldnt bother with the disposeable pants IMO.. I brought 10 pairs of normal ones, 5 briefs, 5 shorts, and wore one of each for the first lot of days to make sure my pad was kept in place and I felt secure.. Everyone is different tho hun x

Last edited:
Well my steralizer is electric, only because my friend had a microwave one and it went yellow on the top, and she ended up re buyin.

So i just got the electric one to be safe! :) and im not using breast bumps hun, i cudnt bare it i dont think lol

xxx

I would get a nightdress that you can bf from - Mothercare have some great ones; you won't want to be restricted by pj's :)

ok more sleep suits. and towels. what do the hospital provide for u?? thanx girls xx:)

My last hosp gave me loads of pads and a nappy! (I did have some but they just produced them for me which was nice)

I would pack cartons/bottles of drinks. All I wanted afterwards was my Ribena.

Defo a nice big towel cos you'll prob want a shower afterwards...

ummm, will have a think for anything else x

thanx hun. im getting all exciting cos ive nearly got my hospital bag done :)

But I am old :cry: :rofl:

Glad the list has been useful :thumbup:

I'd take extra nappies, vests and sleepsuits.. We went through millions! Toiletries, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo etc.. Going home outfits, I forgot mine (went into labour at 36 weeks and wasn't entirely prepared!) anyways hubs fetched clothes for me and got me one of his t-shirts and 3/4 length trousers.. I looked a right mess! Lol

oh and some change for the phone and that!

I didn't want to buy any baby stuff as bad luck till much later on, so I started filling up my toiletrie bag with all the small sample sized things I normally use as I saw most of them in superdrug in tiny size. plus my makeup ( most times been in for a week!) hairbands, mini toothpaste , lipbalm (hospitals and ops, always dry up your lips- why is that!) , that way I could still get excited and make a start.

Was actually really handy when had the emergency MC and D&C as was all ready to use. The poor lady next to me in hospital had to reply on what her OH brought and lets say he was less than useful! I left her half my sanitary towels as she had nothing!

Fully recomend having this ready early in pregnancy - don't rely on the OH!

Last edited:
Dont be silly Toon :) im sure you a "yummy mummy" haah

Yeah midwife and docs have shook me up a bit as baby is engaged they have told me to get bag ready just incase!

xxx

Don't forget your basic toiletries - when I went into hospital with my mm/c, my OH had to bring me things from home, and forgot my toothbrush, hairbrush, toothpaste, and all sorts, and had to run to the shop down the road to buy them!
Oh and don't forget nipple cream! Sounds odd, but your boobs will be super sore afterwards, esp. if you're breastfeeding! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back