Another hospital bag thread...

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Lulabell, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Lulabell

Lulabell Well-Known Member

Sorry, I know there have been a lot of threads like this but need to know what else I might need:

My bag:
    3 nighties buttoned on front for skin2skin and bf
    Slippers
    Dressing gown
    10 disposable knickers
    20 maternity pads
    Travel size shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste, hand wipes and deo
    Toothbrush
    Flip flops

I know I'll need snacks, drinks, iPod, magazines, and going home clothes.

Baby's bag:
    Bag of cotton wool balls
    Pack of 27 newborn nappies
    Wipes
    Pacifiers/dummies
    4 cartons of newborn milk (although intend to bf)
    Sudocream

But I have no idea how much clothing I need, what sizes to take, etc... Do I need to take bottles?

Any help greatly appreciated!xx

#1 Lulabell, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  2. pinkyprincess

pinkyprincess Well-Known Member

I've got 4 sleepsuits and 4 vests for baby in newborn a romper in newborn as i think the hospitals are quite warm! a vest and sleepsuit in 0-3 months and a vest and sleepsuit to come home in (and a snowsuit for outside!)

3. Lulabell

Thank you. Do I need any bathing stuff for baby?x

4. pinkyprincess

pinkyprincess Well-Known Member

I'm not going to use any just water as it can cause skin allergies I think.

5. Lulabell

Ok...so much i need to learn. I feel very under prepared! Still, got time to learn I guess.x

6. JoJo79

JoJo79 Well-Known Member

Hey hunni id check with where your giving birth bout if you need to take bottles, here where i am i only have to take the milk they provide ready steralised bottles.

(can i say dont wanna tell you your wrong cos your not lol i used disposable knickers with dd1 and they were sh*t! personally, for me they werent tight enough to keep the pads secure and i havd a major "gushing" incident that ruined everything i was wearing!) Just thought id say xxxx

7. tiggy

tiggy Well-Known Member

I would pack a towel for you and baby and also a nice blanket for baby. I am taking baby bathing stuff although not sure if I will need it or not. I have also packed formula and bottles just in case as not all hospitals provide them. For you what about hairbobbles / hairband and a flannel so you can have cold water put on it during labour. For baby you might also need a hat and scratch mittens. Think that's pretty much all I have got in mine. I am only taking newborn clothes for baby and packed 5 vests and sleepsuits and a going home outfit xx

8. Emmsy29

Emmsy29 Well-Known Member

My hospital provides milk but alot of hospitals dont so u might have to check, also if its ur first baby i think midwife shows u how to bath baby and they have all the bits there but again check cause all hospitals are different! Oh and lip balm!! X

9. Lulabell

My mate who had her baby where I am going has told me they provide milk but thought I'd take it just in case? It's all so exciting!xx

10. ft90

ft90 Well-Known Member

Definitely check with your hospital about bottles. Doesn't harm as well to take formula, I did even though I was BFIng.

I wouldn't worry about bathing stuff personally. I was told not to bathe LO for a week after, and if I did to just use water.

Main thing is not to overpack. I had two bags for my c-section because they told me I'd be in for 3 nights but in the end I was only there for one! Half the stuff I don't think I'd used, and still wouldn't have if I'd been in longer!

Definitely take towels though, I bought black ones xx

11. Hunnie

Hunnie Well-Known Member

Towels for you :) and my mum said to take an extra blanket because she got really cold afterwards and even though the hospital provided her with one, her own was warmer and more comfortable