Another hospital bag thread...

Lulabell

Reaction score
Sorry, I know there have been a lot of threads like this but need to know what else I might need:

My bag:
3 nighties buttoned on front for skin2skin and bf
Slippers
Dressing gown
10 disposable knickers
20 maternity pads
Travel size shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste, hand wipes and deo
Toothbrush
Flip flops

I know I'll need snacks, drinks, iPod, magazines, and going home clothes.

Baby's bag:
Bag of cotton wool balls
Pack of 27 newborn nappies
Wipes
Pacifiers/dummies
4 cartons of newborn milk (although intend to bf)
Sudocream

But I have no idea how much clothing I need, what sizes to take, etc... Do I need to take bottles?

Any help greatly appreciated!xx

Last edited:
I've got 4 sleepsuits and 4 vests for baby in newborn a romper in newborn as i think the hospitals are quite warm! a vest and sleepsuit in 0-3 months and a vest and sleepsuit to come home in (and a snowsuit for outside!)

Thank you. Do I need any bathing stuff for baby?x

I'm not going to use any just water as it can cause skin allergies I think.

Ok...so much i need to learn. I feel very under prepared! Still, got time to learn I guess.x

Hey hunni id check with where your giving birth bout if you need to take bottles, here where i am i only have to take the milk they provide ready steralised bottles.

(can i say dont wanna tell you your wrong cos your not lol i used disposable knickers with dd1 and they were sh*t! personally, for me they werent tight enough to keep the pads secure and i havd a major "gushing" incident that ruined everything i was wearing!) Just thought id say xxxx

I would pack a towel for you and baby and also a nice blanket for baby. I am taking baby bathing stuff although not sure if I will need it or not. I have also packed formula and bottles just in case as not all hospitals provide them. For you what about hairbobbles / hairband and a flannel so you can have cold water put on it during labour. For baby you might also need a hat and scratch mittens. Think that's pretty much all I have got in mine. I am only taking newborn clothes for baby and packed 5 vests and sleepsuits and a going home outfit xx

My hospital provides milk but alot of hospitals dont so u might have to check, also if its ur first baby i think midwife shows u how to bath baby and they have all the bits there but again check cause all hospitals are different! Oh and lip balm!! X

My mate who had her baby where I am going has told me they provide milk but thought I'd take it just in case? It's all so exciting!xx

Definitely check with your hospital about bottles. Doesn't harm as well to take formula, I did even though I was BFIng.

I wouldn't worry about bathing stuff personally. I was told not to bathe LO for a week after, and if I did to just use water.

Main thing is not to overpack. I had two bags for my c-section because they told me I'd be in for 3 nights but in the end I was only there for one! Half the stuff I don't think I'd used, and still wouldn't have if I'd been in longer!

Definitely take towels though, I bought black ones xx

Towels for you :) and my mum said to take an extra blanket because she got really cold afterwards and even though the hospital provided her with one, her own was warmer and more comfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back