hospital bag

tinytoes

Reaction score
I'm just putting together my list now can you lovely ladies have a look over it and offer me your opinions please ? Bear in mind I have been told to expect to have to stay for three days xxxxx
For me
Dark bath towels
travel size shampoo conditioner toothpaste/brush
face wipes
large cotton pants
breats pads
maternity pads
madernity bed pads
pj's
slippers
hairbrush
facecloth
present for Aoibheann for when she visits her little brother or sister
camera
small amount of money as hospital food it gross
light dressing gown
For Baby
cot sheets
cellular blankets
nappies
cotton wool
babygros
mittens/hats
vests
going home outfit
Soft recieving blanket for going home
LABOUR BAG
old night-dress that opens down front
lip-balm
disposable pants
i-pod with metal playlist (for some reason that helped last time)
fluffy socks
change for energy drinks
one babygro
vest
hat
cardigan
nappy
camera

Last edited:
Ello! You shouldn't need the following as they are provided: cot sheets, maternity bed sheets. But I've packed a cellular I tie dyed myself :) I've also packed puzzle books and reading books (and a great one on breastfeeding).

Otherwise sounds fine to me. I've packed similarly. Have also got her first toy :)

Ello! You shouldn't need the following as they are provided: cot sheets, maternity bed sheets. But I've packed a cellular I tie dyed myself :) I've also packed puzzle books and reading books (and a great one on breastfeeding).

Otherwise sounds fine to me. I've packed similarly. Have also got her first toy :)
My hospital doent provide any cot sheets or blankets . I was given one disposable bed pad last time and was then told to use my bath towels :wall2: . Puzzle books are a fantastic idea thank you:love:

My hospital doent provide any cot sheets or blankets . I was given one disposable bed pad last time and was then told to use my bath towels :wall2: . Puzzle books are a fantastic idea thank you:love:

You were told to use your bath towels? Bloody hell! Haven't got any advice on the hospital bag though i've still got stuff to put in mine and struggling to think what i need lol. xxx

Looks about right to me but then I wasn't very sure what to pack. I've not packed any blankets for the baby, might put one in now. How many baby grows/sleepsuits/mittens/hats have you packed? I've put in three of each then a going home outfit but I dont know if that is enough, its a pain not knowing how long you are going to be there for.

Wow you're organised chick, i'm no where close yet, I can't believe how quickly the times going. I can't believe that about the sheets. I'm going to get two presents to put in there two, one for William from his new baby sister and then a teddy for her from him. Can't think of anything you've missed. Do you have knickers, socks, bra's? Going home / change of clothes for you? Maybe a little cardigan / jacket just in case babys a bit cold, William was and had a little jacket thing in with the baby clothes set I got. Also a tip I read on here last time was even the new born clothes on big babys can be a bit loose and its a good idea to tuck the baby grow feet in to little botties, and I did that so think I will take some again just in case. Hope you're feeling ok xx

don't forget socks ! even if it's hot,some women get really cold feet (quite litterally) during labour,probably because of loss of fluid etc..

Snr - I've packed 3 of everything for baby too. I have packed a blanket but my hospital seems lovely so i'm sure we'll be provided with one. My blanket is just for coming home with if it's chilly.

Tinytoes - Thats really unfair that you need to provide your own sheets what with everything else we have to deal with during labour!

I've kind of packed my hospital bag as if I was going away overnight but with a few extra's like maternity pads, snacks etc. Mind you we're only about 4 mins from hospital so if I need more than 1 nights worth of stuff my OH can pop home for me! :) x

I know I was pretty shocked at the amount of stuff I needed , I hope to be able to get home as soon as possible afterwards but want to be prepared in case last time I spent a week in hospital .
Snr, I'm packing three of each for now and as I need more I will get my oh to come in with clean stuff and take the used ones home for washing , Aoibheann needed at least three changes a day at first as she was really mususy and threw up a lot . KatieJane I am so far from organised , liturally all I have bought so far is a blanket and pack of babygros have to get organised lol . Im keeping well though thank you hope you are too ?x

You were told to use your bath towels? Bloody hell! Haven't got any advice on the hospital bag though i've still got stuff to put in mine and struggling to think what i need lol. xxx
yup they were really lovely ... not . Straight after the birth the Mw was telling my OH I didnt have nearly enough of anything and gave him a list :wall2:

looks pretty good to me. i have bought any maternity sheet things. do you think i need to. xxx

personally I would bring a few of the disposable ones for when your sleeping yes , Just to be on the safe side . I bled heavilly afterwards and it would have been nice to have them

ok thanks. suppose i have them for home then to. xxx

I should better confirm with my MW next time I see her,my hospital doesn't organise visit and I can't really call just to ask that ! I wouldn't be surprised if I had to bring my own towels and bedsheets for baby etc.. they're so bloody tight and one of the worst hospital in the south anyway so wouldn't like to use too much of their stuff !

Some Midwives are bitches! Well alot of them are. I was thinking if they are horrible to me when in labour i'll get them told straight but then again they might leave me with no pain relief on spite haha. xxx

WTF??? They don't provide them??????? I'm very surprised! Ok, scrap the suggestion, lol. But wow, we have these things.

Just over half an hour til taxi now............ :) Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back