holy cow think it's time to hit the veggies!!!

Doodles

Reaction score
Weighed yesterday and I'm now 13st 9lb :shock: so am determined to lose weight, was supposed to be doing a diet I found in a magazine but thanks to beeing buggered around with my wages, we had to cut down on the shopping so couldn't afford to do it, so instead I'm just doing it my own way. Aiming to lose 3 stone for Christmas this year and then loose an additional 2 stone by Christmas 2012, leaving me at around 8st 8lb which is a healthy weight for my height & frame, going to weigh every Sunday x x

Sunday 29th May 2011 Weight 13st 9lb
mug of tea, 1% milk & 1 sugar
homemade fruit smoothie (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, fat-free strawberry yoghurt & 1% milk)
mug of tea, 1% milk & 1 sugar
small bowl of white rice with broccoli, sweetcorn & peas
mug of tea, 1% milk, 1 sugar
2 dry ryvita with sliced raw onion & tomato

***I do tend to drink a lot of tea when hubby is home as whenever he makes a coffee (he goes through 10+ mugs a day) he makes me a tea, when he's in work I tend to drink about 3 mugs a day***

well done hun! I lost over 4 stone a year ago did my own diet. the first 2 weeks are the hardest as your getting used to your diet. I bet you will breeze it xxxxx

thanks hun and wow well done on losing so much! x x x

Hi Doodles, After reading your thread and seeing what you've eaten today I thought I'd share my experiences of weight loss in case you're interested. No worries if not, everyone has to make their own choices.

I had been a dieter all of my life, losing and gaining weight several times over. I'm now well on my way to being my ideal size by... giving up dieting! After feeling very low last time I put all of my weight back on, I decided to take a different path and read everything I could find about the alternatives to dieting. I discovered something usually called 'Intuitive Eating'. It's not easy but it does work and is something that you can do for the rest of your life, unlike most diets.

It basically means that you have to focus on listening to your body and only eat when you feel hungry and, here comes the hard part, stop when you're full! Once you practice this, you realise that you need to eat a fraction of what you usually eat and, the best part, you can eat whatever you like as long as you don't get past full. It's what naturally thin people do without realising it but it's hard for those of us who eat for lots of reasons that have nothing to do with being hungry!

I realise that today you are feeling excited and determined to lose weight on a diet, I really hope it works for you. However, if you find that your diet doesn't work out for you and you 'fall off the wagon' consider reading some of the experts on this approach: Anything by Geneen Roth, 'Beyond Chocolate' by Sophie & Audrey Boss and 'Overcoming Overeating' by Carol Munter and Jane Hirschmann are all good places to start!

Sorry for the essay, I just like to share this with people because it has changed the way I eat forever and it's frustrating to see all the advertising for diets bombarding us all the time. (If any of them worked long term, the industry wouldn't make billions of pounds a year!)

Lots of love and luck with your weight and ttc xxxx

Today I have eaten two cheese and onion crisp butties on White bread, half a packet of party ring biscuits and a bowl of dry cornflakes with melted chocolate on top! Pass the veg to me next please.....

Intuitive eating is what the Paul McKenna 'I can make you thin' programme/Book&CD helps you get into, I need to dig mine out and start listening to the CD again!!

Lxx

*hands bucket of veg to cosmic* there you go hun hehe
ooh thanks for telling me about the intuitive eating :) will deffinatley have to look into that as hubby keeps handing me his baking (starting to think he's a feeder haha) it's more of an eat healthy kick than strict diet as it's I'm just eating lots of veg & less proccessed foods.
Have done a blog too http://www.wix.com/mcvities/everybodylovesbiscuites#! x x

Intuitive eating is what the Paul McKenna 'I can make you thin' programme/Book&CD helps you get into, I need to dig mine out and start listening to the CD again!!

Lxx

Yeah it is but he doesn't really go into why we overeat, some of the women who write about it are brilliant at that because they've been there xx

Hi Doodles, After reading your thread and seeing what you've eaten today I thought I'd share my experiences of weight loss in case you're interested. No worries if not, everyone has to make their own choices.

I had been a dieter all of my life, losing and gaining weight several times over. I'm now well on my way to being my ideal size by... giving up dieting! After feeling very low last time I put all of my weight back on, I decided to take a different path and read everything I could find about the alternatives to dieting. I discovered something usually called 'Intuitive Eating'. It's not easy but it does work and is something that you can do for the rest of your life, unlike most diets.

It basically means that you have to focus on listening to your body and only eat when you feel hungry and, here comes the hard part, stop when you're full! Once you practice this, you realise that you need to eat a fraction of what you usually eat and, the best part, you can eat whatever you like as long as you don't get past full. It's what naturally thin people do without realising it but it's hard for those of us who eat for lots of reasons that have nothing to do with being hungry!

I realise that today you are feeling excited and determined to lose weight on a diet, I really hope it works for you. However, if you find that your diet doesn't work out for you and you 'fall off the wagon' consider reading some of the experts on this approach: Anything by Geneen Roth, 'Beyond Chocolate' by Sophie & Audrey Boss and 'Overcoming Overeating' by Carol Munter and Jane Hirschmann are all good places to start!

Sorry for the essay, I just like to share this with people because it has changed the way I eat forever and it's frustrating to see all the advertising for diets bombarding us all the time. (If any of them worked long term, the industry wouldn't make billions of pounds a year!)

Hey, just wondered exactly how this works as some days I don't feel hungry at all so technically could go without a decent meal... surely that would be bad? Mind you, most of the time at the moment, I make sure I eat 3 times minimum, only problem is my lunch is guaranteed to be 2 rounds of sandwiches with thick white bread - not good on the old calories! I eat far too much bread at the moment but it is quick and easy :-/ xx

Hey, just wondered exactly how this works as some days I don't feel hungry at all so technically could go without a decent meal... surely that would be bad? Mind you, most of the time at the moment, I make sure I eat 3 times minimum, only problem is my lunch is guaranteed to be 2 rounds of sandwiches with thick white bread - not good on the old calories! I eat far too much bread at the moment but it is quick and easy :-/ xx

Hey, Munchkin, The idea is if you're not hungry you don't need to eat. Your body knows exactly what it wants and needs and will tell you if you listen. The problem is that we spend our lives ignoring it! This is what causes us to be overweight. Sometimes it's hard to hear the hunger signals because we've ignored them for so long and used the clock as the guide to when to eat, but with practice this gets better. I find that I'm hungry 3-4 times a day but for a smaller amount of food than I used to eat. This varies day to day. I eat whatever I like and find that his generally means I am getting a balanced diet - this took time as well. There's no reason why you would be the same - we all have different cycles, why would we all have the same hunger schedule? I hope you decide to find out more about intuitive eating. Take care xxxx

Thanks mrspc... I think since having Layla that I am eating more of a case of "when I am hungry" most of the time. Sometimes as I said though I try and make sure I eat 3 times as a minimum but will certainly give this a go :) Really need to loose weight. If I listen to the NHS as well with regards to BMI and the height/weight chart, I have to lose half my weight! I'm not THAT big... I come in at 16-18 in clothes sizes but I believe it's more about my height. I am only 4ft 11 see so that appears to be a major problem :-/ ... will see how I get on though :) xxx

I've updated the blog, just incase anyones interested lol, have deffinatley fallen off the wagon yesterday, but well and truly back on today x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back