Help with finger foods - scared of choking

Yep those are identical. I cut one into 8 pieces and popped them on her high chair tree. Bit of crumbs but not that much mess really x

I gave k a half size croissant today and I just can't deal with watching him eat!!! He did quite well to be fair but when he bites off a big piece I feel sick and ake it off him, which I know is wrong xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We now have 6 teeth (top 4 came through together) so am hoping she might start biting better. She also sticks her fingers in her mouth and sorta uses them to help chew

We have Scotch Pancakes for lunch, I'll cut them into 4 I think (James like things quite big)

xxxxxx

Scotch pancakes are fab! Been a hit in our house too :) also potato scones are good!xx

James didn't like his pancakes :wall2:

He ripped them into tiny pieces and threw them all over the place.

xxxxxxxx

Don't ready made pancakes have too much sugar??

I had a similar experience with toast fingers today carnat. Harry had a chew on one piece and then started screaming his head off! Maybe he just wasn't in the mood today? I don't know when I'll be brave enough to try toast fingers again! xxx

I gave k a half size croissant today and I just can't deal with watching him eat!!! He did quite well to be fair but when he bites off a big piece I feel sick and ake it off him, which I know is wrong xx

Harry just shoves loads of food in his mouth at once and it's scary but I'm trying to let him do it as it's the only way he will learn. I hate it though. Will be so pleased when weaning is over! xxx

Crumpets are quite salty and yep the pancakes are quite sugary but as James isn't actually 'eating' much I don't mind giving them occasionally.

If he liked the Scotch pancakes I'd have had a go at making my own!

xxxxxxxxx

I am done with the idea how much sugar or salt this has lol.
I don't put salt in the food that she eats and I don't give her chocolate, well not very often any way, but she has cookies and pancakes with jam and cake and fruit yogurts and generally everything that we eat.
If I make homemade cookies I will usually put 1/2 the quantity of sugar that the recipe states but i don't mind her having a normal sugary cookie either after she eats her lunch.
Once she hits 1 year old I am done worrying about anything actually. if we have hot dogs one day hot dogs she will eat :)
Pancakes are famous of being all over in little pieces if left in their hands ha ha . Try some American thicker pancakes.

Sth else to try is croissant they love it but the mess is beyond imagination lol

I don't put salt in the food that she eats and I don't give her chocolate, well not very often any way, but she has cookies and pancakes with jam and cake and fruit yogurts and generally everything that we eat.
If I make homemade cookies I will usually put 1/2 the quantity of sugar that the recipe states but i don't mind her having a normal sugary cookie either after she eats her lunch.
Once she hits 1 year old I am done worrying about anything actually. if we have hot dogs one day hot dogs she will eat :)
Pancakes are famous of being all over in little pieces if left in their hands ha ha . Try some American thicker pancakes.

Sth else to try is croissant they love it but the mess is beyond imagination lol

I totally agree with you on that hope. X

I agree too Hope... W will be having anything in moderation!!!

I dont worry about sugar too much, if she gets anything sugary its very rare. she will get pancakes once a week.

i do worry about salt though, I dont add any to any of her food, nor do I use chopped tomatoes in her food due to added salt, so i spend ages peeling and deseeding and cooking up my own sauce! (hate doing it, so bloody messy but Freya loves it)

she does however get the odd Pom Bear crisp or skip which obvs have salt in it, i just try to make sure she takes a little more water. (she still is only taking around 30-70 mls a day! :shock:

I don't peel or deseed the tomatoes?Just chop and that's it as I do with our food.
Just looked at our tomatoes sauce (the canned type) one it says it contains chopped tomatoes and water the other one chopped tomatoes water, sugar.
Maybe you look at a different brand at the supermarket to see what you can find. I hope you can find one with no salt in uk if I have 2 with no salt in my cupboard lol.

Amelie has way much more sugar and salt than Freya. She basically eats whatever we eat and though I do give her lunch prepared only for her with no salt no sugar and loaded in protein and veggies dinner is always what we eat regardless if its a spicy curry or pizza or all the above and a cake for desert ha ha.
Tonight she had beef stew for dinner cooked for us so with normal stock and the normal amount of spices etc.
For desert she shared a fruit yogurt with me and a piece of chocolate.

I'm loving what you ladies are saying about not worrying too much about what they're taking in :) Think I need to take a leaf out of your books... Now Harry, where's that Mars Bar... ;) xxx

My attitude is very much about variety and balance..xx

Well today was a big achievement for me and I'm very proud of myself Nd little man.. I let him feed himself a piece of toast for the first time, I found it hard at first but I did relax a little. He did well ... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373025942.221859.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373025956.697145.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373025968.826882.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373025983.063834.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373026029.336614.jpg
Xxx

I don't peel or deseed the tomatoes?Just chop and that's it as I do with our food.
Just looked at our tomatoes sauce (the canned type) one it says it contains chopped tomatoes and water the other one chopped tomatoes water, sugar.
Maybe you look at a different brand at the supermarket to see what you can find. I hope you can find one with no salt in uk if I have 2 with no salt in my cupboard lol.

Amelie has way much more sugar and salt than Freya. She basically eats whatever we eat and though I do give her lunch prepared only for her with no salt no sugar and loaded in protein and veggies dinner is always what we eat regardless if its a spicy curry or pizza or all the above and a cake for desert ha ha.
Tonight she had beef stew for dinner cooked for us so with normal stock and the normal amount of spices etc.
For desert she shared a fruit yogurt with me and a piece of chocolate.

I found a few with no salt, but they have "acidity regulator" in it. I have no idea what that is or if it will inflame her reflux, so have avoided those ones. The ones with salt dont even seem to say how much is in there?

I found a few jars of passata which is better that contain nothing but 100% tomato, but they say do not freeze and use within 2 days. So no use, i want to batch cook little pots of sauce to freeze and just defrost and heat up when I need them.

I actually dont even know why I avoid salt. I know its not good for them, but I have no idea why they shouldn't have any??

It's just hard job for their kidneys to filtrate it but every month they get better an better and they can handle more.
If she drinks enough liquid I wouldn't worry too much about salt at almost 10 m. It's enough to not add salt in the food but they can handle a little of shop bought salty pizza ifkwim.
Acidity regulate just be a base so it most definitely not make her reflux worst.
The no freeze on tomato sauce is for the item itself.
I always cooked with them and froze her food, I see absolutely no problem.

There are a lot of guidelines around, try to make your life simple within reason.
We grew up with almost no guidelines at all and we survived ha ha.

Out babies will be named toddlers in 2 m :) it's time for us to let it go soon!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back