TW and finger foods

positivity :)

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I am giving Will purée or mashed foods at the moment but also giving finger foods like banana, toast, mango, cheese, carrots. Is anyone else doing this?

I give the purée as I want to know that he is eating enough but also want him to be able to feed himself snacks which is working out well :)

What Finger foods are you giving with TW? X

Ive been doing it with Sophie but running out of ideas as what to give. I read somewhere that salmonella from eggs in this country has been pretty much eradicated so yesterday we had eggy fingers from a soft boiled egg. It really seems to have helped with her coordination but Im not sure what else to try with her.

I suppose other fruits and veg. Might try him wiv a bit of chicken today xx

We're giving bits of everything. Toast seems a real favourite and I gave a chocolate baby biscuit the other day he loved it.

We've also managed things like chicken breast that went down better than I thought. He really disliked cheese.

He has just started being able to suss out that he's dropped things on his lap/in his bib and pick them up himself so it'll be a bit easier to give finger food.

Yes I do this too :) he has three meals (not puréed though but mashed) and has finger food snacks :) xx

It really seems to have helped with her coordination but Im not sure what else to try with her.

Lewis is already picking up much smaller things than his big bro was at about 9 months - 1 year I'm sure it's partially down to giving him finger food early.

Lol Oops sorry... Same things as you.. Banana, toast, cheese, carrot pieces (steamed) rusks :D x

I have been giving figner food as well as mashed food from the very beginning. I am giving banana, soft pears, baked apple sliced, steamed carrots and broccoli, parsnips, everything really but in pieces that he could hold.
He pretty much feeds himself now.

Also organix do nice finger foods - carrot sticks, rice cakes etc. As ladies said, toast is a big hit too.

Ooh good thread pos. I've been looking for ideas on finger foods too. *stalking*

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

Hiya, we're doing exactly the same as you hun. For finger foods so far we've done banana, melon, strawberries, raspberries, organix biscuits/carrot stick crisps/rice cakes, normal rice cakes, bread sticks, breadsticks dipped in hummus, toast, french bread, cooked brocolli, cooked carrots, cooked green beans, cooked sugar snap peas, peas and sweetcorn, cheese, chicken, roast potatoes, the odd chip here and there if we've been out for lunch (we make sure theres no salt on them)....urm, thats all I can think of at the moment!

Yep I'm doing exactly the same. Do all the babies have less milk now? Cameron tends to want to have all of his bottles in addition to the food x

Yep I'm doing exactly the same. Do all the babies have less milk now? Cameron tends to want to have all of his bottles in addition to the food x

Phoebe is the same she's still having 4-5 7oz bottles a day plus 3 meals :shock:

Phoebe is the same she's still having 4-5 7oz bottles a day plus 3 meals :shock:

I so wish Jax was but he's fast losing interest in pretty much all of his milk in the day - he's still waking for at least 1 or 2 feeds during the night still though grrrr!! He now only has 3 x 5oz bottles during the day - at 9am, 1.30pm and 6.30pm ish. And, he'll only drink it in the quiet. If there is ANYTHING going on around him he's just not interested at all.

Hiya, we're doing exactly the same as you hun. For finger foods so far we've done banana, melon, strawberries, raspberries, organix biscuits/carrot stick crisps/rice cakes, normal rice cakes, bread sticks, breadsticks dipped in hummus, toast, french bread, cooked brocolli, cooked carrots, cooked green beans, cooked sugar snap peas, peas and sweetcorn, cheese, chicken, roast potatoes, the odd chip here and there if we've been out for lunch (we make sure theres no salt on them)....urm, thats all I can think of at the moment!

Lots of great ideas thank u Hun x

Will dropped 1 straight away (6 down to 5) he still has 5 but rarely finishes them so I'm thinking of dropping another. Xx

I do same as you pos - on an average day I do -

Breakfast - spoonfed ready brek or baby porridge & bottle

Lunch - finger foods only....2 slices of bread, banana (or melon) and a couple of the organix rice cakes or a reduced sugar rusk - bottle

Dinner - spoonfed mashed potato/carrots/turnip - bottle.

Our meals are very basic just now cos kayden has suspected cows milk allergy so we're going really slow. He gets really messy with finger food so I find just now keeping it with one meal works better (worse for me coz 8yr old & her pals running in & out all the time trapsing the food about the house) - when we get a plastic mat (maybe next week) might give him more finger foods - but I am lost for ideas too.

xxxxxxxx

Forgot some things...raw peppers, necterines and those small french sponge cakes - madeleines (sp?)...and croissants...and crumpets...!!

I am also quite limited because of the milk allergy, cant give cheese or any dairy. Decided to try youghurt and his face came out with red blots, they disappeared quite quickly but still.
I am very reluctant to give him any sweets, even rusks. Do you give shop bought hoummous or home cooked? What about salt content?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back