Help with finger foods - scared of choking

I got organic chopped tomatoes from.sainsburys and they didnt have anything added.
If o
It says not to freeze, they mean you cant take it out of the tin/jar and freeze. I have always cooked and froze sauces

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I got organic chopped tomatoes from.sainsburys and they didnt have anything added.
If o
It says not to freeze, they mean you cant take it out of the tin/jar and freeze. I have always cooked and froze sauces

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Oh my goodness all through reading about the tomatoes I thought I'm gonna tell them about organic sainsbury's ones as they have nothing but tomoatoes in! How spooky your post advises just that right at the end! Xxx

Couldn't find those pancakes in Tesco? Are they ready made or a mix in a packet? xxx

Ready made ones. They are usually next to the crumpets and stuff

I got more tonight and my tesco had several varieties including banoffee pie flavour! Stuck to the plain ones. They are sweet enough

I also cut up some wee willie winkies and gave them to her with some cathedral city chedds. She was one happy baby! X

Thanks Lynds :) Am going to Tesco today so will check it out. No idea what wee willie winkies are though - intrigued! xx

Willy winkies are wee sausages.

I'm struggling to think of finger foods that she can have as a lunch. 7 1/2 months I'm thinking she should be able to give a lot of foods a good go. I just worry she won't eat enough of it cos she makes such a mess and it goes everywhere, not her tummy xx

Heather - crumpets with cream cheese in and eggy bread seem to go down pretty well with my little one. Are you doing BLW? If not you could give her a finger food to start with them finish her off with a spoon fed dessert, like petit filous or rice pudding to make sure she's getting something substantial xx

I've tried soup and a sandwich for lunch. So I spoon feed the soup and hand her we soliders of sandwich (without panicking may I add) but she can't have that everyday so will try your ideas.

I have a finger food book somewhere so if I get ideas from that, I could just spoon feed as normal and let her keep paying with finger food till she learns not to squish it to nothing??

Xx

I just let her squish away now. She gets finger foods at lunch as I am not BLW but now I just strip her to her nappy and let her go for it! haha

she is very picky with lumps and textures. Still cant manage crumpets or omlette, even though she loves them. She keeps gagging and vomiting.

I have got low salt baked beans but not sure about them? I gave her a few peas of my plate last week and she went nuts for them, but am so worried she will choke!
she choked on a blueberry, and I had cut it in half.

guess we just keep trying stuff and see what happens. I always finish with a fromage frais or soft fruit to make sure she has eaten enough.

Actually what I've been doing recently Heather is spoonfeeding him as usual, but at the end of a meal, giving him something extra to practice feeding himself. For example this morning after he'd had his main meal and petit filous, I gave him a scotch pancake (thanks Lynds - big success :) ) He mashes it a bit but definitely ate some. Also, he sits with us at lunch time and to keep him quiet I give him some finger foods such as melon or sweet potato or baby crisps and that gives him some practice too. Let me know if you get any ideas from that finger foods book if you find it :) xx

I just let her squish away now. She gets finger foods at lunch as I am not BLW but now I just strip her to her nappy and let her go for it! haha

she is very picky with lumps and textures. Still cant manage crumpets or omlette, even though she loves them. She keeps gagging and vomiting.

I have got low salt baked beans but not sure about them? I gave her a few peas of my plate last week and she went nuts for them, but am so worried she will choke!
she choked on a blueberry, and I had cut it in half.

guess we just keep trying stuff and see what happens. I always finish with a fromage frais or soft fruit to make sure she has eaten enough.

Wow, you're brave with what you give her lol! Ah bless her vomiting - does she manage eggy bread alright without puking? It makes me laugh when Harry squishes food before he eats it (or throws it on the floor) - all part of the fun for them I guess! xx

I'm going to go a hunting for it tomorrow so will let you know how I get on. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back