HELP with bottle teats and dummies!

xshauna_bazx

Reaction score
I will be using the Avent bottles but i have just realised that the teats on the bottles are not the same as the Avent dummies? I really want the same ones so hopefully the baby will take her dummy... Can't find that shape anywhere. I got an Avent dummy but its a different shape teat! xxx

I don't think you can get a matching teat hun, the closest you could probably get is the NUK teats and dummies, Odhrán never had a problem with dummies and he had breast/tommee tippee/avent bottles, and different brands of dummies too xx

Last edited:
hiya hun you wont get the same shape dummy as an avent teat if it helps i used avent teats with the avent silcone orthodontic dummies and never had a problem xx

Ah right...bit stupid they don't do the same shaped dummies. I will maybe try both the Avent and order a NUK too then see how it goes! Thanks xxx

In hospital Odhráns first feed was bottle and second breast, the teat they put on the formula bottle was a NUK teat, and I noticed the NUK dummies are very similar, if you're worried you could always pick up one NUK bottle and dummy to give it a go, they do a red Mickey Mouse NUK dummy in Sainsburys x

Last edited:
i doubt you will have a problem i wouldnt buy too many dummies she might not take 1 my eldest refused hers no matter how many times we popped it it lol

Thanks hun think i will give it a go! I might have a picky baby lol. xxx

i doubt you will have a problem i wouldnt buy too many dummies she might not take 1 my eldest refused hers no matter how many times we popped it it lol

Lol, i only have 1...i'll get a NUK one and then see how it goes before i buy anymore xxx
Oh i have 3 cheap ones too, but totally different shapes.

Last edited:
i only bought the orthodontic 1s the teat is pretty flat so doesnt effect speech or tooth growth my ds still has his and he has perfect teeth and perfect speech :)

Oh cool, i think mine is orthodontic...might be wrong though. Its just my mam had problems with my brother with his dummies and bottles as he wouldn't take his dummy because it wasn't the same shape as his bottle and he noticed lol. xxx

Deffo try the orthodontic dummies. And don't worry about matching a dummy with a bottle - I've never even heard of this before. It's mixing bottles and dummies with breastfeeding that poses a problem to the breastfeeding - your baby won't have a problem with the dummies and bottles. And as someone said, some babies don't like dummies anyway. And some like to suck a thumb or finger. I was a thumb sucker.

a dummy can be taken away though a thumb or finger cant hahaha :)

I never gave it a thought to be honest with my son nor this one, just got the 0-3 month avert dummy n then I got one that comes wi sterilizer, but not to worried about it x

I think its just a case of seeing what your baby prefers! My neice had breast, a bottle and a dummy from day one and never had any problems x

Thanks, looks like it doesn't matter too much...will see what she likes. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back