Tommee tippee or Avent?

jazzmum2be

Reaction score
Iv bought 7 Avent bottles, and lots of teats etc already.
but my just went out and bought me 2 tomme tippee bottles and I must say they look really good, well the teats anyway.
I was just wondering, is it best to stick to using one bottle for the baby or can I feed him from either the avent or tommee tippee depending on witch ones are reading to use at the time of feeding?
Also I have a avent steriler and bottle warmer, will I be able to use the tommee tippee bottles in that?
Thanks guys :)

i found avent gave Chrstopher bad colic but te tommie tippie ones were great..i take it ur formula feeding ? cuz if u want to combime breast/bottle then tommie tippie close to nature are the best

Im going to breastfeed for the first few weeks, but after that bottle feed :)
But yeah the tommee tippee closer to nature ones look fab cause of the anti colic teat or something.

jazzmum2be said:
Im going to breastfeed for the first few weeks, but after that bottle feed :)
But yeah the tommee tippee closer to nature ones look fab cause of the anti colic teat or something.

Ive got the Tommee Tippee bottles because there so highly recommened, mainly because of the teat and the way the milk flows (supposed to be more like how it flows with breast feeding etc...) and i think you can easily use them in Advent sterlisers too :)

:wave: Jazz

I used avent ones last time around (7yrs ago) and hated them. This time around i have gone for the Tommee Tippee closer to nature ones, mainly because i want to try breastfeeding, but also want to express and use bottles too.

Im probably the only one who thinks this but personally I dont like Tommee Tippee bottles, Ive used them in 2 nanny jobs and found them horrible! Didnt make any difference with colic in my opinion either. I much prefer Avent ones but I cant really give any detailed reasons why, I just get on much better with them, find they dont leak etc. You can get different teats for most bottles too. I think its mostly personal preference though, Ive also used the cheaper versions from supermarkets and to be honest most of those are just as effective too.

The only ones I would never use as I detest the stupid things are doctor brown ones, they leak everywhere!! And they're meant to be anti colic but they made no difference to any baby I know, apart from being fiddly to wash and drowning the poor babies in milk at every feed!!

I have tommee tippee bottles and also use Dr Brown anti colic bottles (very good when he is windy and use them for his night feeds)........!!

You will need to experiment more with the teats than the bottles.

I didnt really bond with the tommee tippee ones. I thought the teats collapsed easily when my boy was sucking. After trial and error with a few brands we ended up with avent bottles and mam teats.

The mam bottles are good if you like jigsaws :wink:

With my last baby i used a mixture of avent & boots bottles but used nuby teats.

I used the TT CTN ones with Chester and I went with them purely cus I liked the packaging!!

But it was a good decision cus my HV said they were the best ones for windy babes. I will be buying another load of the same bottles for babybump2!

I've heard that the tommee tippee closer to nature ones are better because of the anti-colic and the teats used on them. They're the ones I'm going to buy although my friend has been using the Avent ones and swears by them :?

Dont bother with Avent! I had these for my son, and they were constantly leaking.

Im definately going for the Tommee Tippee CTN ones this time, have heard constant good reports about them. :)

opps sorry about this one (stupid computer)

im going to use tommie tippee this time around with my last baby i sarted on advent, and they gave him awful colic, hsd to go out and spend a fortune on dr browns, which i thought were fab (but very expensive) When i had my DD(first baby) we used tommie tippie nubby ones (dont see them much now) and i swore by them.
So this time im starting off with tommie tippie from the word go (save myself some money)

rhian85 said:
i found avent gave Chrstopher bad colic but te tommie tippie ones were great..i take it ur formula feeding ? cuz if u want to combime breast/bottle then tommie tippie close to nature are the best

yeah i found avent gave my lot really bad collic, so i gave tommee tippee a try with my 4th and he was fine with them, we had no colic at all and they are also great for when your breast and bottle feeding

My sister brought tommee tippee closer to nature bottles for when my nephew was born because they are so hyped up etc but he hated them so she changed to advent bottles and neither her or my nephew have had any problems with them in the whole 14 months shes used them....shes still using them now!

Hope that helps :?

I used Avent for ds1 and we never had any problems with them, no nipple confusion (I mostly BFd but he had 1-2 feeds of EBM a day from 3 months because I had to go back to work PT).

This time though I bought the Tommee Tippee ctn ones. ds2's only had 2 bottles but seemed to cope with them fine.

I have no preference other than I like the shape of the TT ones!

Oh and bizarrely last time round I borrowed a TT steriliser, this time I've been given an Avent one so I've used the 'wrong' brand in both. As long as they fit in there's no problem mixing brands.

Last edited:
lauramumof2 said:
I didnt really bond with the tommee tippee ones. I thought the teats collapsed easily when my boy was sucking. After trial and error with a few brands we ended up with avent bottles and mam teats.

The mam bottles are good if you like jigsaws :wink:

thats what i found with tommee tippee ones, i could get the teat out easily which to me implied leakages.

i use avent and some ones called breast flow, we're still bfing and tbh she doesn't like bottles that much anyway (she'll only take them as a last resort :roll: ) but i've not had problems with either of them, they never leak and are nice and easy to clean.

I used tommee tippee closer to nature ones with Jess and I like them but the only thing I dont like is the lids. I find they dont always stay on. Sometimes when you shake a bottle the lid comes shooting off and milk ends up everywhere. I'm not sure what bottles I am going to be using this time. xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back