Expressing & using bottles - what did you use??

Sunnyb

Reaction score
I have a Medela Calma bottle & Holly just can't seem to get the knack of it, she gags & screams. I used the ordinary teat that came with the Medela Swing pump, but this floods out & drowns her!!! What bottles did you ladies use if you combined breast & bottle & more so which teats??? I have some Avent bottles & newborn teats to try & also have a MAM teat newborn to try. I just don't want to spend a fortune on bottles & teats trying to convince her to use both breast & bottle :roll::roll::roll:

Sunnyb xxx

Hiya

We've used the TTCTN bottles with different teats, he was fine with teat #1 at first. Then we switched to the breastflow bottles and he never had a problem with them. Then after not having bottles for ages we went back to TTCTN using variflow teats. He prefers the breastflow bottles but I gave them away lol He will take a TTCTN if he's hungry we've found out though! But not from me, only from OH!!

Well I tried her about an hour ago with the MAM teat, but the flow still seemed too fast & she ended up coughing & spluttering! She point blank spat the Avent teat out. Ended up giving in & putting her back on boob cos I felt so mean watching her cough & cry. I've heard the Breastflow ones are quite good. I might give them a go as the teats don't seem as long as the Medela Calma ones.

Sunnyb xxx

Oscar got on so well with the breasflow, annoyed that I gave them away but didn't think about going back to bottle feeding at the time and then just went back to the TTCTN.

I don' know about now but before the only place I could actually get the breastflow bottles was on ebay xxxxx

I've always used the TTCTN bottles, stuck with the first level for quite a while so he had to work a getting the milk and didnt prefer getting milk faster out of a bottle than from a booby.

We use ttctn bottles and switched to teat 2 quite quickly as she was getting frustrated with it, but she much prefers bf!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back