Tommee tippee or Avent?

I just bought a load of the Tommee Tippee CTN bottles and sterilizer, they were on offer in HomeBargins. I was looking at these or the Avent.

Not sure if I am going to breastfeed yet but are the CTN ok to use if you are not breastfeeding as well???

I had quite a hard time with my last baby and breastfeeding and don't want to put myself under too much pressure to do it this time.

xxxxxx

I have bought a couple Tommee Tipee bottles today, as my sister used them with my niece and had no probems. Slightly concerned now though, by the cmments that have said they leak? :think:

I'm hoping to breast feed anyway, so might but a couple of avent bottles aswel and then will four be enough?! Theres sooo much i don't know yet or havent got!!

xx

Iv now got 8 tomme tippee bottles as my aunty just bought me loads more as there on offer in boots atm :lol:
Im going to sell the avent ones though, I just hope the tommee tippee ones dont leak as I dont wanna drown my baby with milk :lol:

jazzmum2be said:
Iv now got 8 tomme tippee bottles as my aunty just bought me loads more as there on offer in boots atm :lol:
Im going to sell the avent ones though, I just hope the tommee tippee ones dont leak as I dont wanna drown my baby with milk :lol:

might be a good idea to keep the avent just incase u or bubba dont get on with TT :hug:

If you are going to keep the Avent bottle warmer and steriliser then I would stay on Avent bottles. Once you progress to 9z bottles you will struggle to fit the TT ones in the bottle warmer and they do not heat as they should do. Also the 9oz TT bottles do not fit in the steriliser as the neck is wider than Avent ones. The Avent bottles also have an anti colic valve.

The tomme tippee bottles Iv got are 9oz.
I thought someone said on here they fit in the avent sterilizer? :think:

Try them Jazz, you might find you can only put a few in at a time unless they are too tall and the lid won't close. If you have kept the others in a box you could take them bacak and swap them at boots.

The sterlizer and bottle warmer I got are second hand. Payed £2.50 each so I can always sell them on ebay for more than that and get a tomee tippee one.
But next time at my mums Ill try them out and see if they fit in there :)

The TT bottles are fine, I've never had one leak in the almost 10 months I've been using them. If the teat collapses in on itself it means the little anti colic valve isn't opening properly so we just make sure we check them before we put the bottles back together again after they've been cleaned. The flow on them, even the first teat, is really quite fast so beware of that, especially if you'll be breastfeeding to avoid confusing bubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back