health visitor

ZMD

Reaction score
does the health visitor visit everyone before they have baby? i got a letter this morning saying she is coming on thursday. i had never heard of them doing this before! x

maybe i thought it seemed really strange! it doesnt say why she is coming on the letter x

I never had that last time, hardly seen them at all even after the birth, I just thought they came to see you after and it was the midwife before the birth....

The health visitor only came and saw me once after the birth (since then I've just gone to the clinic at the gp's surgery) but I know lots of girls on here have had the health visitor come and introduce themselves before the birth - it really just depends on your postcode x

never heard this before hun....its quite good though that shel come and introduce herself xx

I have never heard of it either! It's kind of nice and sort of creepy x lol

i think it normal for some areas as iv read on here befor it happens mine i dont think does but id be happy to meet her befor hand i loved my last one x

Hi, yeah in some areas they do seem to like visiting before baby is born. Mine did, she came to see me about 2 weeks ago was really nice and informative just gave me loads of leaflets and info about local baby groups and breastfeeding peer support in the area and stuff like that. I was so worried she was coming to assess the cleanliness of my house lol but she didn't look around at all must have looked ok lol

Hi, yeah in some areas they do seem to like visiting before baby is born. Mine did, she came to see me about 2 weeks ago was really nice and informative just gave me loads of leaflets and info about local baby groups and breastfeeding peer support in the area and stuff like that. I was so worried she was coming to assess the cleanliness of my house lol but she didn't look around at all must have looked ok lol

thanks for that hun i was really worried that she was coming to check up on me! hopefully she is as nice as yours sounds xx

I literally just had a call from the Health Visitor out of the blue to say she is coming to see us to give us a medical book or something. No one mentioned that she would be coming to see us. We are in Bedfordshire and I am 34 weeks.

My HV came to see me about 3 weeks ago. It was just an introductory visit and she gave me lots of leaflets and stuff about bf and different mother groups that met. I also got a free bath thermometre!!! I was feeling OK about it until my mother made me paranoid that she would ask to 'use the bathroom' just so she could have a snoop round - I spent all the previous day cleaning and then she only stopped 20 mins and didn't leave my living room. I felt like giving her a tour anyway, just to make the cleaning worth it! Things must have been different in my mother's day!

in our area we get a hv before baby is born, and its just an introducing thing apparently, wouldnt worry about it honey xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back