Health Visitor

Sarah13

Reaction score
I got a letter today saying a health visitor was comming to see me at home tomorrow, bit short notice but luckily I work at home! I dont remember seeing a health visitor until after my daughter was born so wasn't expecting it, anyone know why?

I think they do it to meet you before the baby is born so you know who they are. I'm kinda terrified of having a visit, hope they decide to skip me!

I got a call several weeks ago (around 29 weeks) which i thought was a bit odd, she said she'd call me back at 38 weeks and come for a visit...she said it was to check everything was OK. I think they just like drinking tea in different peoples houses hehe.

Does seem a bit strange when I'm only 28 weeks, maybe they just like to meet us before baby arrives or drink tea in various houses like you say Franna! Guess I'll find out tomorrow morning!

Ohhhh - here they come after the midwife is finished with you

That's what I thought Tracey, maybe depends where you live

I saw the health visitor a few weeks ago. She just wanted ti discuss the services that the health visitors can offer and an idea of the times they'll come to see us. Ie, 6 weeks, 4 months, 1 year etc etc xx

That's health visitor been, she just wanted a chat really, asked a few pregnancy related questions then told me she would visit when the baby is a couple of weeks old. Think they just like to meet you before hand and make sure you have no problems or complications.

i haven't had any contact with my health visitor yet, i am not expecting a visit until after the birth, i thought that was normal, and the MW does a hand over, obviously depends on the HV

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back