Health Visitor- Updated

Cool. Thanks for that carly, you've given me hope that my morning is not gonna be spoilt by some soppy do gooder :cheer:

excuse me if i'm being totally dumb here :oops:

but at my doctors I see my midwife every few weeks and she told me right at the beginning that she'll be coming out to my house after the baby is born....so is she my HV?!

glad it went well :D

I had a letter a few days ago to say mine is coming to visit on the 11th- hope she is as nice as yours :pray:

pilkers said:
excuse me if i'm being totally dumb here :oops:

but at my doctors I see my midwife every few weeks and she told me right at the beginning that she'll be coming out to my house after the baby is born....so is she my HV?!

No hunni. When you have had your lo your m/w will come and visit you until you are disbarged from her care and that will happen when she feels you and your baby are both fine.
Around the 14 day mark the health visitor will come and visit you for w while and come and weigh your baby answer endless questipns and make sure you are ok too.

I think that Hvs are mws who have done extra training. Ours came round for the first time today - the 2 week mark.

Not heard from any HV and my MW never mentioned anything when I saw her this morning. They're leaving it a bit late to see me beforehand :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back