Health Visitor- Updated

BabyLove

Reaction score
I Had a Letter This Morning From The Hospital, Off The Health Visitor Saying That She Would Like To Come and Introduce Herself Next Week So That We Can Get To Know Eachother Before The Baby Is Born & I Can Ask Any Questions I May Have.

Am I The Only One? :? :think:

I met my one before I had Arianna too, although she didnt come to the house... I had to go to a usual MW appt at the doctors surgery and then straight after that stay back to meet the HV

It was nice we just had a coffee and a chat.... nothing formal, just to build up a relationship before the baby arrives

My HV visited me before Isaac was born, she was lovely, it was nice to have a chat about after the birth, seeing as most things are all focused on the birth itself in last Tri, it's nice to think further than the birth, I hope it goes well for you Carly :hug:

My HV visited me before Aaron was born. We had a nice chat and went through all the paperwork so when the baby was born it was just about checking we were ok. It's nothing to worry about, they just set it all up so they don't have to bother you too much once baby arrives :)

I didn't meet mine till JT was born but she did say she was surprised cos she normally comes out before baby born but i must have been missed off list :cry:

Oh Good, Thanks.. I Was Actually Worried Something Was Wrong Lol :) x

:shock:

Some woman has JUST phoned and said she's coming out to meet me next wednesday...claims she's a HV?!?!?

So now I am very suspicious, I never had one last time.....and why they wanna come to my house??? Is it an inspection or something???

I offered to go their lair but oh no, she want to come here.

Is it me or do all these m/w, h/v get trained to use those simpery voices just to drive us mad?

emma28 said:
:shock:

Some woman has JUST phoned and said she's coming out to meet me next wednesday...claims she's a HV?!?!?

So now I am very suspicious, I never had one last time.....and why they wanna come to my house??? Is it an inspection or something???

I offered to go their lair but oh no, she want to come here.

Is it me or do all these m/w, h/v get trained to use those simpery voices just to drive us mad?

This Is What Made Me Panic a Bit. I Thought That It Might Be Some Kind Of Inspection Of Me Or Something.

lol. you girls are nuts...they do home visits to give you some one to one time and to talka bout anything you might not want to talk aobut in public...

midna said:
Think they too scared to come to my house lol :twisted:

Carly you can always dress up and come and inspect me 8) you can be my personal HV x

:shock: that sounds like some kinky offer, asking carly to dress as a nurse and come visit you :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

She can inspect my minge all she likes, there's no cobwebs down there :D

I just cant be arsed with having to make an effort :bored:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Im Honoured :lol: !

I Was Getting All Paranoid Lol But I Guess Im Being Daft :D

We met ours when she took the final week of our antenatal classes.

Well She's Just Left Now and I have To Say She Could Well Be The Nicest Human Iv Ever Met! She Was So Lovely :D Im Really Pleased Now & Had a Long Chat With Her About Everything. Im Even More Excited About The Upcoming Weeks After That! Im Much More Relaxed :) I Cant Believe I Was Worried About The Visit!

xCarly said:
Well She's Just Left Now and I have To Say She Could Well Be The Nicest Human Iv Ever Met! She Was So Lovely :D Im Really Pleased Now & Had a Long Chat With Her About Everything. Im Even More Excited About The Upcoming Weeks After That! Im Much More Relaxed :) I Cant Believe I Was Worried About The Visit!

glad it went well for you hun... :hug: :hug: :hug:

:cheer: Thats good then!!

Did she just come in and sit down, or did she 'have' to use the bathroom and talk to you while you were putting the kettle on in the kitchen?? I HATE people in my space :x

Did she also have a really dopey tone of voice when she spoke to you?? Like you were 5 and had just scaped your knee??

What did you talk about? Did she need to see your file?

20questions :lol:

We have just had our 1st HV meeting where she weighed him again, measured him, did his hearing test.

My hv came and visited me and she was lovely, was nice to speak to a woman that understood!!

She didnt check anything she commented that my mil had a lovely home and asked me hen i was moving etc.

When i got my own place she came and visited and still does!!

emma28 said:
:cheer: Thats good then!!

Did she just come in and sit down, or did she 'have' to use the bathroom and talk to you while you were putting the kettle on in the kitchen?? I HATE people in my space :x

Did she also have a really dopey tone of voice when she spoke to you?? Like you were 5 and had just scaped your knee??

What did you talk about? Did she need to see your file?

20questions :lol:

Lol Relaxxx :) No She Was Completely Lovely. She Didnt Use The Bathroom Or Move From The Chair.. She Spoke To Me Just Like a Friend & Even Had Me Laughing :lol: She Talked About Her Family, Her New Years Eve Parties & Everything That a Mate Would Talk About, She Was Really Easy Going :) I Didnt Feel At All Like I Was Being Judged Or Tested, I Got It All Wrong Lol I Dont Know Why I Worried, Honestly. She Talked About Anything I Wanted To Know About.. Breastfeeding,Labour, After Care Etc. Deffinately No Dopey Voice Lol xxx

Thats great Carly! she sounds like my hv helen, someone you can have a real laugh with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back