Headaches

Applecider

Reaction score
Hi all. Why are you doing to soothe a headache. I'm getting them pretty much everyday now. Feel awful takin paracetamol all the time. Anyone else getting them? Also do you think I should phone the midwife. It's nearly been two weeks of a daily headache.

Xx

I maybe would it really has been going on for ages. I dont know what would be help but it definitely seems a common pregnancy complaint. I get headaches in work cause i dont drink enough but its easily fixed. Hope you get some help soon x

Maybe you should try forehead as you just rub it in rather than taking tablets, i know people that said it has worked for them X

Unfortunately nothing takes mine away, hardly helps either but I just get a cold pack, full fat coke - water and if its really bad or I lose vision I take my co-codamol.

Im hoping for better management in a few weeks from Neurology.

Id speak to the GP/MW. I spoke to the GP as theyr able to prescribe more.

xxxx

I tried 4head which gave a relief for a few minutes - it felt like holding something cold against my head.

I just have to go to bed if I can.

Is anything triggering it or making them worse? I'm going to try GP as work stress is making mine worse.

I hope you find some relief xx

Stress is my biggest factor.

I just had a berky on the phone with my mum because despite me packing two bags of change for Jackson's two preschools she didnt hand a change in with him. I was thinking the worst that Id turn up with him with no socks or pants but actually hes not wet all day... But straight after me getting all worked up etc Im now left with a headache.

xxxx

I had awful headaches at this point, also stress triggered, or if I sat/slept funny and my neck went to awkward position.

One time after three straight days of it I took a single half a dose of ibuprofen. Massive help. Otherwise, lots of water, keep eating and a can of coke works wonders (less caffeine than tea or coffee and well within daily recommended limits).

*hugs*
Lxx

Oh I'm going to give coke a try next time. I headed to bed at 7pm this evening to sleep off mine. It's still here but the wind has woken me up.

Try tigerbalm that helps me and those forehead gel strips. Hope you get some relief soon x

Hey i suffered terrible with head aches. I used forehead and paracetamol. It helped but then they got so bad i felt sick ect so doctor gave me some codrydromol but told me to take them when i need to as baby could get addicted. I have used them but only when i need to. I feel if im not happy baby is not happy so i need to look after myself and if that means taking them so be it. Depending on how far are you you should defo talk to mw.

Thank you so much for all your replies and remedies I am going to give them all a go! Feeling great today so happy :)

Seen the midwife she said it was part of pregnancy.

Xx

I have awful headaches as well. If you don't like taking pills, I try taking a few sips of Coke, or put a cold washcloth on the base of your neck and/or forehead and usually that takes away the pain. You may also be dehydrated without even knowing it, so sip on some water and rest in a dark room (if possible) Good luck!

Thank you the cold flannel sounds like a good idea xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back