Have I just made a mistake??

Torino - I appreciate ur advice, but I have had a miscarriage and a chemical so I am well aware of the heartache associated with it.

And as I said, I wouldn't have put it on fb had it not been for my dads comments.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I don't believe you will have jinxed it hun, so you shouldn't worry about that, telling people is not going to make you have a miscarriage like I said.

I think the only thing to consider when deciding whether to tell people via facebook, is how you would feel if it did go bad and can you deal with it. But as you have already told people you shouldn't worry about it now because it's done. My mantra is don't worry about what you can't change and this absolutely applies here more than anything. Stressing about it isn't good for baby.

If you've seen baby and heartbeat already etc then the risks are very small of it going wrong so take comfort in that. I know tri 1 (and 2 and probably 3 for that matter) are scary places after a miscarriage.

I did not intend to upset so sorry if I have, just wanted to add my own experience.

I was the same jayjay, it was after we saw the heartbeat that we told people. We are aware that things could still go wrong, but we want our family and friends to share in this experience with us, we have never been able to do that with any other pregnancy and it made us feel isolated in a way.
I haven't said anything on facebook but if someone who already knows makes an absent-minded comment then so be it! xx

Last edited:
I don't think you will have jinxed anything hon, what is to be will be, regardless of who we announce it to!
I'm itching to tell everyone and having to work very, very hard at keeping my mouth shut!
I think you should stop worrying and enjoy all your friends and family being delighted for you :) xx

I'm not putting anything on yet, but thats because I don't want my family to know yet lol x

Thanks girls.

In fairness, I don't have any randoms on my fb anyway. Just people I actually speak to, so I spose its not too bad.

And everyone has been so lovely about it. And its nice not having the worry that everyone will catch on because of my dads numerous comments about morning sickness and cravings lol. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I think you did the right thing hun, I would have done the same. Try not to worry, you've seen bubba already and all was ok, so I'm sure it will all be fine, especially judging by the terrible sickness you've been having too :) how are you feeling? x x

In the beginning I was like omg what if this happens what if that but what is the point in worrying yourself stupid it's no good for u or baby I was thinking the other day wish I didn't tell my oh parents untill I was further on but then they would of guessed anyway and been that they got big gobs lol i wanted to tell people myself not her telling every1 these last 10 wks have been rubbish people are already saying I've got a bump n stuff to clearly it's not possible is it? I think ile be fine Hun I've got my fingers crossed for u and knowing there's a hb the chances r less think positive xxx

Hey hun, like the other said I don't think you've jinxed anything and I think it's important you tell people the news rather than people guessing or someone else letting it slip. We told parents before the scan but told all other friends and family after the 12 weeks scan. I did ban them all from putting anything on fb as I wanted to be able to tell family rather than them read it and I am amazed 2 weeks on there's still nothing on fb. I think I'll prob put it in there when I wish everyone a happy new year :) xxx

We can worry ourselves sick about so many things hun, I personally do not believe in jinxing, I simply believe that some things are not to be. If you feel comfortable that is all that matters, enjoy the lovely comments!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back