Period-like cramps.

Jayjay027

Reaction score
Hi guys

Yesterday and today I've been gettin some cramps that I would usually get when AF is approaching. They aren't as strong as AF cramps and don't last as long, but they come and go.

I'm petrified of goin to the loo and seeing AF there even though 6 tests told me I'm preggers lol.

Just wondering if this is normal??
Thanks
X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hi jayjay

Yes the af cramps are normal, I still get them now.

They are just bubs settling in and everything stretching to make room!

If they become really painful or your worried then contact your epu x

I've been having a few cramps and twinges too. I believe it is totally normal to feel some discomfort even at this early stage, just your bean getting snuggly. If you start bleeding or are really concerned then go get yourself checked out.

Its so hard not to worry though isnt it. I said to hubby yesterday that i dont want to run or jump about incase my bean falls out! He said he would remind me of that when i'm in labour! I've already got a book to read up on all things pregnancy related- will help to reassure me i hope.

XX

jayjay have you been to the doctors yet, since the you did the pregnancy test?

Im 4 weeks today, and have also been getting af type cramps. Im so nervous that I will have a mc again, Im just hoping and praying this one sticks!

Aww hunny don't panic! I had alot of a cramps and still do now. It's all part and parcel of it. Everything is just stretching a little xx

Whew, thanks everyone!!
Makes me feel a lot happier knowing that the cramps are normal.

Baby43, not seeing the doc until Mon 12th Dec, could have got an appt earlier but with a doc that's not as nice, so I decided to hold out and go to a doc I actually like lol.

Thanks everyone!! You've defo put my mind at ease.

Xx

X

ive been having the aswell, keep going to the loo thinking that its all over, but think the pains are normal

Totally normal hun :) I get them all the time, feels like I could come on my period at any moment but its just the baby making room and settling in! Xxxx

Yeah I've had this and u dash to the bathroom every time and check tissue and check and check lol xxxx

Thanks so much girls!!
Xx

Its so hard not to worry though isnt it. I said to hubby yesterday that i dont want to run or jump about incase my bean falls out!
XX

Ha, I'm so glad I'm not the only irrational person in here!! I told my hubby yesterday I was too scared to fart (tmi!!!) in case I pushed too hard!!! :rofl: I disclose far too much information on this forum!!

Its totally normal hun, had them when I was pregnant with millie, just uterus stretching etc. I remember checking the tissue and my knickers constantly until doppler would work so I could hear heartbeat, was then obsessed with that too lol. Will prob be the same when I finally get pregnant again too :) x x

I've been getting a lot of cramping pains too, similar to AF. x

take some paracetamol and run yourself a nice warm bath if it seems very uncomfy. i get the aches when im walking around alot but once im sittin they are better...... good excuse to not get off my butt lol xx

all very normal ladies....i had cramps up until about 16 weeks.......xx

take some paracetamol and run yourself a nice warm bath if it seems very uncomfy. i get the aches when im walking around alot but once im sittin they are better...... good excuse to not get off my butt lol xx

I'm a wee bit crampy too, would love a bath but I hate 'warm' baths, I love mine scorching hot!! Not safe for bean though so I'm choosing not to have baths just now. Might get used to warm baths eventually, but it's just too darn cold these days!!

Leesey I'm exactly the same! If the bath doesn't turn my skin bright red, I'm not interested. Lol.
I also didn't think I was allowed to take paracetamol either?
Hmm, maybe I heard wrong.
X

Leesey I'm exactly the same! If the bath doesn't turn my skin bright red, I'm not interested. Lol.
I also didn't think I was allowed to take paracetamol either?
Hmm, maybe I heard wrong.
X

Paracetamol is fine, ibuprofen isn't. It has to be just paracetamol, not paracetamol plus or anything. It's the only safe thing we can take! No other medication without first checking with the doc.

Of course I'm developing a stinking cold and possible throat infection, and can't take any remedies!

Sometimes, if I have a headache, I tie a tie around me head, and it really helps lol. I look like a mad woman, but the pressure from the tie on your temples eases the headache, and after an hour or so of looking like rambo, u take it off and ur fine :)
Just a wee tip for those of you who don't wana take headache tablets :) lol.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back