Possible mistake?

miss_kseniya

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Bit of a long post sorry! Also posted in TTC (although i'm not!) as well.

I only registered on here a few days ago after having a crazy idea that I might be pregnant. I had an accident after a condom split about 3 weeks ago and wasn't being able to get out to get the MAP.

I calculated back my cycle yesterday and think I would have ovulated either the day before, on the day or the day after I had sex. I think it was probably the day after as I had excessive EWCM for the first time that month (TMI sorry).

Anyway, no real symptoms, just a few twinges in my boobs (which I put down to being my boob-job as I still have twinges from that regularly) chronic diahhrea one morning and feeling a bit pukey for a couple of days and that is it. Thought I had a bug.

Have been worrying about it even though I knew the chances were really slim from the split bu have just done a FRPT this morning 3 days before AF is due to put my mind at ease and a second faint pink line has come up in 2 minutes.

Are they ever wrong? This was totally unplanned and I am panicking a bit now.

Any advice girls? That would technically make me 3.5 weeks pregnant if it's right.

I don't even have any symptoms. No sore boobs, no sicknesss, have had a bit of a headache for a few days but again thought it was part of this bug, no cramping, not really any change to CM, all looks normal. Can these tests be wrong? xx

Hi hun. Welcome. A line is a line to be honest. You only get a line if your body is producing enough hormones -an non preg woman would not create a line as the hormones would be too low. The only time a line appears is if it increases! So sounds like you got a bfp!! I know its unpalanned but it seems like congrats are in order!!?? Why not get a clear blue digital that will tell u in words rather than debating lines? Xx

Last edited:
hiya again if you get a clear blue digi the one that tells you how far along you are it will make it more clearer for you hun but a line like that on your test wont be a false test hun xxx congrats again

sounds positive :) but as the others say get the digi test just to be sure congrats x

yep id say you are pregnant hun, if you get a line you get a line! i only got a very very faint line then did clear blue an yep i was 4 weeks,

so congratulations x

did you do the digital test hun ?

Not yet Tiny - I can't get to a Boots until I go back to work tomorrow so will pick one up then.

I assume that I should probably wait until Tues morning to do it with FMU, unless I do my FMU tomorrow into a sample pot and take it to work to test at 9am (that seems kind of gross somehow, imagine if it fell out of my handbagg in the office haha) because AF is technically not due until Tuesday morning and digi-tests are quite expensive to waste. There is no way I can hold off doing my first wee until i get to work at 9am.

What do you think? Wait or wee in a pot :oooo:

id say it wouldnt matter, if you already had a faint line on the other tests

just do a cb when u can, mine wasnt my first pee it was dinner time i tested n it was clear x x

I agree with Nadine . I tested late at night and it said pregnant at 4 weeks . Just dont drink loads of water before you test maye ? It seems like you are anyway As everyone says a line is a line :) . Hope your feeling ok xxx

id say it wouldnt matter, if you already had a faint line on the other tests

just do a cb when u can, mine wasnt my first pee it was dinner time i tested n it was clear x x

Thanks Hon. I guess I know I am anyway, just like the idea of a digi confirming it. Strange I know!!

I agree with Nadine . I tested late at night and it said pregnant at 4 weeks . Just dont drink loads of water before you test maye ? It seems like you are anyway As everyone says a line is a line :) . Hope your feeling ok xxx

I actually feel a lot better today now I've slept on it. Still scary and a shock but I feel quite excited about things now. Manically googling everything to see what I should or shouldn't be doing as obviously never considered pregnancy before and this will be first grandchild so haven't been round too many pregnant people.

Its been an eye-opener with what I can and can't eat so good job I checked. Dur for a work xmas do on Weds where i'd pre-ordered pate, so going to have to change that discreetly before I go.

Yeah there's a lot to take in about food and caring for yourself . My mum is so suspicious she saw the folic acid on my kitchen table and super milk in my fridge . She also made homemade pate last nigh normally I love it but I told her I didn't want any lol Its so exciting ! Do yourself a favour hun , dont google too much just the food restrictions . I had myself convinced I was miscarrying and in early labour a few times too . I read stuff and panicked:wall2:

Yeah there's a lot to take in about food and caring for yourself . My mum is so suspicious she saw the folic acid on my kitchen table and super milk in my fridge . She also made homemade pate last nigh normally I love it but I told her I didn't want any lol Its so exciting ! Do yourself a favour hun , dont google too much just the food restrictions . I had myself convinced I was miscarrying and in early labour a few times too . I read stuff and panicked:wall2:

Thanks Tiny - I did the digi-test today using second urine and it confirmed what I already know - 1-2 weeks pregnant. My period was due tomorrow and I am always on a 28 day cycle so I am officially 4 weeks pregnant tomorrow. Booked a docs appointment for next Tuesday and felt so weird telling the receptionist over the phone that I'm pregnant - have only told mum and sister so far and that made it seem so much more real!!

Remembered that I had pre-booked pate as a starter for my works xmas do later this week so had to phone the restaurant up in secret and change my menu. I also had salmon for a main which I know is ok, but I am a panic-head so I have switched to turkey instead. I know it would probably have been ok but worried something awful will happen in these early few weeks.

Been out and bought some folic acid this morning too, which I am now taking. What is super milk?

Last edited:
eeep its so exciting now it seems so real for you ! um super milk is http://www.avonmoresupermilk.ie/
Nothing the doc told me to drink or anything I just switched while pregnant as I dfrink lots of milk and wanted the added vitamins . :) Im a panicky person too . I reckon its easier if you know your doing everything you can right so your mind is at ease a little especially so early on ? I hope telling your mum and sister went well .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back